Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No one online?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 30, 2017
On Monday I started to notice that no one is going on the game. There is no one by the life fountain in skull island. There is no one anywhere. But when I went on my brother's account, there were people there. Lots of people. Can someone explain what's happening here? How can I see people again?

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
erikasr456178 on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
On Monday I started to notice that no one is going on the game. There is no one by the life fountain in skull island. There is no one anywhere. But when I went on my brother's account, there were people there. Lots of people. Can someone explain what's happening here? How can I see people again?
I think you were in a different realm.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
erikasr456178 on Jan 13, 2018 wrote:
It seems like you haven't learned about realms yet. Your brother was most likely in realm Avery which is the most crowded realm while you were in a more empty one. You are able to switch realms in settings, it looks like a world with arrows above it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Are you familiar with the realms in the game? My guess is that your pirate was in an uncrowded realm and your brother's pirate might have been in realm Avery, first realm on the list. When the game is very busy and a realm fills up, the players who won't fit are shifted into a different realm as they enter that area. You might not even know it happened. Try control +M to bring up the realm display. Within each realm there may also be additional subdivisions, called Areas. If you are in Avery's Court, but in a different realm or area, you will only see the players that are also in that same realm and area. There could be a giant crowd in realm One-Eyed Jack, during a KI Live event, but players in all the other realms would not see any of them.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It sounds like your pirate might be in a quieter realm than your bother's?