Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I can't play this game anymore and it makes me sad

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I truly, I mean truly love this game but best rest/wound has made it impossible for me to continue this game. I played this game when it first launch up to Marelybone then took around a 2-3 year break then decided to come back to see what has been added in. I love the storyline and having a crew but having to stop playing cause most my crew gets killed by crits that happen randomly and Po deciding not to block ANY attacks even when he's 5 levels higher then the enemy (Yes I gave him dodgy and he even had Toro's boost , also his base dodge is around 100 or higher) is my breaking point.

I am honestly going to try wizard cause from what I've seen watching my friend IRL play some at least I can get my mana back without breaking the bank or waiting a stupid amount of time. If the wait time was around an hour I could cope with that but 3 or higher just no, I can't wait 3 hours to have a crewmen that can stand in a fight (the side guys ALL are worthless besides Grimtooth and Bat).

Oh, and before anyone starts saying 'change your play style' or 'Buy this crown shop companion':

One: I can't use crowns in this game I solely use cards for a month membership.

Two: I use random (Besides my first mate) cause I like to see different companions every battle (Unless its an Epic battle).

Oh, I got a cute red flying turtle from Sand in the last fight while I was grinding that killed half my guys, don't know if he's rare or something.

I had fun in the Spiral as a Pirate but I'm going to the Wizarding side due to actually being able to play when I lose. They should have bed rest and the fountain as option to play with cause most of given side companions don't work.

Next month's card is going to Wizard unless anyone has GOOD advice that isn't the same old stuff said about using crown shop companions.

Sorry if I sound rude or mean but I can't take waiting hours to play a game I really like

Shy Alyssa Nightingale 53

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Life Warrior on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
I truly, I mean truly love this game but best rest/wound has made it impossible for me to continue this game. I played this game when it first launch up to Marelybone then took around a 2-3 year break then decided to come back to see what has been added in. I love the storyline and having a crew but having to stop playing cause most my crew gets killed by crits that happen randomly and Po deciding not to block ANY attacks even when he's 5 levels higher then the enemy (Yes I gave him dodgy and he even had Toro's boost , also his base dodge is around 100 or higher) is my breaking point.

I am honestly going to try wizard cause from what I've seen watching my friend IRL play some at least I can get my mana back without breaking the bank or waiting a stupid amount of time. If the wait time was around an hour I could cope with that but 3 or higher just no, I can't wait 3 hours to have a crewmen that can stand in a fight (the side guys ALL are worthless besides Grimtooth and Bat).

Oh, and before anyone starts saying 'change your play style' or 'Buy this crown shop companion':

Two: I use random (Besides my first mate) cause I like to see different companions every battle (Unless its an Epic battle).

Oh, I got a cute red flying turtle from Sand in the last fight while I was grinding that killed half my guys, don't know if he's rare or something.

I had fun in the Spiral as a Pirate but I'm going to the Wizarding side due to actually being able to play when I lose. They should have bed rest and the fountain as option to play with cause most of given side companions don't work.

Next month's card is going to Wizard unless anyone has GOOD advice that isn't the same old stuff said about using crown shop companions.

Sorry if I sound rude or mean but I can't take waiting hours to play a game I really like

It's good that you are using "First Mate" as a setting, many players who have problems with wounding/bed rest are those using a single set team with one set strategy.
Here's my advice to dealing with bed rest:
1. If you feel you simply must have a certain companion available, just wake them up and use them. The only thing affected is their health, they still have their epics and talents. Even consider giving them a few ranks in Scrapper ( at 3 ranks this cuts down the wait time 25%. )
2. Protect your companions by healing or shielding them, even having them move away from danger or placing them behind the front line ( especially for ranged classes. )
3. How do you know that "the side guys are all 'worthless"? Shiruku is a side companion, properly trained, she's one of the most powerful sides you can have. And as a melee fighter she can protect your vulnerable WD companions. So try using those side companions.
4. Make sure that as many companions as possible are trained and leveled & promoted ( never neglect a promotion, especially a main companion promotion! ) so you can use them when things go bad.
5 IF you are using a single set strategy - consider changing your play style.
6. Take a look at how you're geared, does it offered you the best stats? Is it appropriate to your class & level? Does it give a few extra abilities like a shield or heal? Pets do help in this, btw the tawny skyturtle isn't rare, it's dropped by a few bosses in MooShu and you can get it by Wranglin'.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013

Try asking for help(ask someone your level or higher). If someone helps you, you will outnumber the enemy.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I understand you are frustrated with the changes that were made. If you don't want to change your play style, but that style is not working anymore, I can see why you are having trouble. I don't buy crown shop companions, or farm like crazy to get my weapons and gear, but I do have max level pirates who rarely lose crew. I see you mention using crew that are will based, with the exception of El Toro. Will based crew seem to be lowest in agility, so agile swashbucklers and musketeers will have more criticals against your crew. If you find any gear that lets you cast agility on your guys, it will help as a defensive move, or strength with the buccaneers. It would also help your will based crew have more criticals on the witches and privateers. You might want to make sure you have other classes well trained on your crew, Ratbeard for one. With several Hold the Line, he can keep swashbucklers away longer, while you blast them. There is also power in letting the enemy approach you, activating any third level powers you have, rather than running into theirs. You don't need to keep crew trained at your level to be useful, a couple levels below yours is usually fine, and uses FAR LESS training tomes. The lower they are from you, the more one tome raises their level. You can also have them on brawling crew task to raise any that lagged behind.
I'd be happy to take a look and see what you've been doing, if you post somewhere to meet up in a few days (need time for post to go through moderation) with a time (and what time zone you are using) and realm. I would not be shocked if others wanted to help too.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

I completely agree with a lot of those "change your playing style" sayings and "get a Crown Shop Companion", because I'm tired of hearing those things, too.

Now, there is one option: On Companion Orders, you are able to give them an Order called "Scrapper". Rank 1 makes Bed Rest 10% faster, Rank 2 makes it 15% faster, and Rank 3 gives it 25% faster, which is actually a bit of a jump from Rank 2.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you need any more information or help!

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral! 70 30 15 12 10

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
It's good that you are using "First Mate" as a setting, many players who have problems with wounding/bed rest are those using a single set team with one set strategy.
Here's my advice to dealing with bed rest:
1. If you feel you simply must have a certain companion available, just wake them up and use them. The only thing affected is their health, they still have their epics and talents. Even consider giving them a few ranks in Scrapper ( at 3 ranks this cuts down the wait time 25%. )
2. Protect your companions by healing or shielding them, even having them move away from danger or placing them behind the front line ( especially for ranged classes. )
3. How do you know that "the side guys are all 'worthless"? Shiruku is a side companion, properly trained, she's one of the most powerful sides you can have. And as a melee fighter she can protect your vulnerable WD companions. So try using those side companions.
4. Make sure that as many companions as possible are trained and leveled & promoted ( never neglect a promotion, especially a main companion promotion! ) so you can use them when things go bad.
5 IF you are using a single set strategy - consider changing your play style.
6. Take a look at how you're geared, does it offered you the best stats? Is it appropriate to your class & level? Does it give a few extra abilities like a shield or heal? Pets do help in this, btw the tawny skyturtle isn't rare, it's dropped by a few bosses in MooShu and you can get it by Wranglin'.
I haven't got to her yet but every other guy but Grimtooth and Bat just don't work so I send them sailin for exp. I'm not going to quit outright (like I said I was mad at the time of posting this and was tired of hearing buy this and this in the shop when I can't). More like play wizard for a month or two then come back. Main thing is I have to uninstall the games when I switch cause my laptop can't hold both. One person suggested I compress the drive but someone says it currupts everything or you get 5 secs delay when logging in. 5 secs I can handle but don't wanna break laptop.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It sounds like you have been soloing in Florenza/Valencia and gotten disheartened. We have ALL been there. It's a difficult world to solo in. If you don't have friends playing the game you can call on for help, consider checking out some fansites to see if you can find someone to get you through and give you some tips, maybe.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't been relying on a certain favorite team of companions, but there are other tactics, like doubloons and creature summons, that can extend a battle just long enough for you to win. Are you spreading out when you fight, or keeping everyone in a tight group? Each of these strategies has their place where they work, or where they just kill you quicker.

You didn't mention the cost of healing your crew -- do you know about Miracle Mitch and his shop in Avery's Court where you can heal by paying gold? Start doing the Party Barge quests -- they are really easy at high levels, and you'll get 40,000 gold every day, which should be enough for at least one companion's healing at Miracle Mitch's shop. Or, consider the Team Up ledger for a group into the Tower of Moo Manchu -- one run and you should be able to heal the entire team.

Are you using your wounded companions for other tasks, like Pet Wrangling or Plundering? Again -- more gold for healing, and the time they spend isn't totally wasted with simply waiting. Here is where all those "useless" side quest companions can actually be very helpful and contribute a LOT for your pirate.

You mentioned you have a pet Flying Turtle -- have you trained it up, maybe morphed it with another pet to get some helpful powers or talents?

Rather than rage-quitting, do a bit of research and you'll find some new ideas that will maybe breathe some new life into your game. Although, Wizard101 is also fun.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
I completely agree with a lot of those "change your playing style" sayings and "get a Crown Shop Companion", because I'm tired of hearing those things, too.

Now, there is one option: On Companion Orders, you are able to give them an Order called "Scrapper". Rank 1 makes Bed Rest 10% faster, Rank 2 makes it 15% faster, and Rank 3 gives it 25% faster, which is actually a bit of a jump from Rank 2.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you need any more information or help!

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral! 70 30 15 12 10
I get what you are saying. There are a lot of people who try to tell me how I ought to be using my crew, too, or that I'm using the wrong ones. They don't understand what my style is and why some of the things I do are effective for me. There are many ways to play. I've seen some very effective melee Witchdoctors, and ones that are powerful sticking with ranged, and all sorts of crew being used. Without knowing more about Life Warrior's playing style, and how things are going wrong in the fights, we are guessing and offering general advice. Maybe Life Warrior could tell us more about what style and general strategy is being used that she wants to keep using. Then we could offer more specific advice to help it work better. We do know something is going wrong if most of her crew is getting killed. I don't want to do an entire style makeover.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Just wake them up for free. Then if they die again wake them up again...Im mean to my crew all they want to do is sleep but I force them to work ;)

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
I get what you are saying. There are a lot of people who try to tell me how I ought to be using my crew, too, or that I'm using the wrong ones. They don't understand what my style is and why some of the things I do are effective for me. There are many ways to play. I've seen some very effective melee Witchdoctors, and ones that are powerful sticking with ranged, and all sorts of crew being used. Without knowing more about Life Warrior's playing style, and how things are going wrong in the fights, we are guessing and offering general advice. Maybe Life Warrior could tell us more about what style and general strategy is being used that she wants to keep using. Then we could offer more specific advice to help it work better. We do know something is going wrong if most of her crew is getting killed. I don't want to do an entire style makeover.
So, replied to this using my phone and either it got rejected somehow or it just didn't send it in the first place .

The style I used would be a 'come to me' type since I use the Jujus/ Clam the Troops if I happen to draw it, very rarely I get no power ups. Po usually is there to melee, since most the time he's in front of two opponents and I gave him Rispose 2 (3 if I promote him when I start up again) Relentless 2 and currently Blade Storm and have the time he knocks one out then damages the other about half if he's on a good roll with Relentless. All my main combat guys have Scrappy on them while my side guys that aren't that good have Sailin' in that spot cause I hate ship battling when I have low level ship gear.

I've trained up to the group heal in Privateer but nothing else cause I don't really know what to put the points into.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Avery Court Grace on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
Just wake them up for free. Then if they die again wake them up again...Im mean to my crew all they want to do is sleep but I force them to work ;)
LOL, that's exactly what I do!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Life Warrior on Mar 18, 2018 wrote:
So, replied to this using my phone and either it got rejected somehow or it just didn't send it in the first place .

The style I used would be a 'come to me' type since I use the Jujus/ Clam the Troops if I happen to draw it, very rarely I get no power ups. Po usually is there to melee, since most the time he's in front of two opponents and I gave him Rispose 2 (3 if I promote him when I start up again) Relentless 2 and currently Blade Storm and have the time he knocks one out then damages the other about half if he's on a good roll with Relentless. All my main combat guys have Scrappy on them while my side guys that aren't that good have Sailin' in that spot cause I hate ship battling when I have low level ship gear.

I've trained up to the group heal in Privateer but nothing else cause I don't really know what to put the points into.
It's good to know you let them approach you, that tends to be very helpful. When crew get a third rank in many powers, it often gives an extra benefit. One example, Riposte 3- when the enemy misses you (you've dodged), your dodge stat rises by 15, and can do that as many as 3 times in a round. If Po was going against a buck with Vengeance Strike, and had Riposte 3, let's say he dodged the buck. Suddenly he is much more dodgy, and hits the buck back, The buck responds with a vengeance strike, misses again, Po's dodge again increases, and he Riposte hits the buck. Buck uses his second vengeance strike, missed again; Po's dodge again goes up, and hits again, buck uses his third vengeance strike, missed again. You get the idea, how damaged is the buck now?

Let's say one of the ones you have sailing all the time can be trained in Repel Boarders all the way to Repel Boarders 3. You stand that Repel crew in front of your main combat guys, and let the enemy approach. When the enemy gets in range of the Repel crewman, he gives them an unordered extra attack, and the enemy's accuracy rate is lowered by half. Then your guy hits the next 2 enemies that approach him, lowering their accuracy by half also. Think how WELL that would work with Po's Riposte 3.

Ratbeard is a crewman who can get Hold the Line 3. Send him out front, but not next to the enemy. When the enemy tries to approach your team, he can stop 3 of them from going by to attack Grimtooth, PLUS he just lowered those 3 enemies dodge by HALF. Now think if Ratbeard was trained in Strength to raise his criticals, and accuracy, and had Bladestorm or Relentless, and the enemy can't dodge well now. Food for thought.

Ensign
Mar 06, 2016
Hope you play again soon

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Life Warrior on Mar 18, 2018 wrote:

sounds like ya hit a low spot but I'm sure you'll get fixed up right as rain in no time..

my personal favorite is melee witch however I feel ya frustration, i saw in your signature you were level 53? which world are ya working in atm? also shiriko is a side quest companion gotten in mooshu if it helps ya any, and if ya have the helephant try giving him max hold the line i love mine he crits lots too.. my kan po had gotten a bit weak until i gave him his last promo, so if its available for him, though a long quest, I highly recommend trying to finish it, even if he faints he's auto-awakened to help finish.. also have you tried scratch in awhile? his spooky boost can be helpful too..

favorite weapon types to use? and do you have a healing pet? or is yours a full on fighter? does yours give any helpful grants?

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
sounds like ya hit a low spot but I'm sure you'll get fixed up right as rain in no time..

my personal favorite is melee witch however I feel ya frustration, i saw in your signature you were level 53? which world are ya working in atm? also shiriko is a side quest companion gotten in mooshu if it helps ya any, and if ya have the helephant try giving him max hold the line i love mine he crits lots too.. my kan po had gotten a bit weak until i gave him his last promo, so if its available for him, though a long quest, I highly recommend trying to finish it, even if he faints he's auto-awakened to help finish.. also have you tried scratch in awhile? his spooky boost can be helpful too..

favorite weapon types to use? and do you have a healing pet? or is yours a full on fighter? does yours give any helpful grants?

stormy jen silver
At the moment using Phule's Wand cause I like its range and its epic has saved me a lot. The best pet I have is a Hawk from a grizzle pack that was given out.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How's it been going? Is any of the advice helping?

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
How's it been going? Is any of the advice helping?
We'll see when I start playing again but think I'm sticking with Wizard for now. It runs much smoother and it doesn't lag as much when in battle like Pirate did.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Life Warrior on Mar 24, 2018 wrote:
We'll see when I start playing again but think I'm sticking with Wizard for now. It runs much smoother and it doesn't lag as much when in battle like Pirate did.
As for the lag, since you first played, KI added a fast combat option in the game play options. It speeds up the combat attack graphics. When one person has it on, and another has it on the original graphics speed, there can be a lag while waiting for both teams to have seen the action. Not sure if this explains your lag, but I know a lot of people skip tutorial and update notes. You could always test if it's the fast combat setting in the free zone by trying it both off and on. Hope you enjoy your time in Wizard, and that we see you back here again, so we can help you advance.