Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Any star trek fans on pirate?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Hello! Are any of you star trek fans? If so,

1.Favorite star trek show?
2.Favorite star trek film?
3.Favorite star trek character?

If you are not a star trek fan, you have a lot to watch. It takes about a month straight to watch all the shows and films.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have been a Star Trek fan for many decades. My favorite is the original series simply for the sake of nostalgia. However, my favorite movie is Star Trek 4, The Voyage Home since it was so fun.

Character - Spock, of course.

Live Long and Prosper!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on May 14, 2018 wrote:

If you are not a star trek fan, you have a lot to watch. It takes about a month straight to watch all the shows and films.
1. Star Track ( The Original ) My dad was a big fan, He was an engineer and he firmly believed we would be seeing many of the devices shown in our life time ( he also had a small part in the NASA space program in the sixties. )

2. Favorite film was the first one.
3. Spock, most definitely!
Adding to this: What is your favorite episode of any of the TV series?
Mine is "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on May 14, 2018 wrote:

(I don't watch the show, only the new films, so... )

2. Favorite Star Trek film: Either one of the new three (Star Trek, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Star Trek: Beyond) with Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Zoë Saldana, etc.

3. Too hard. Favorite is "Bones" McCoy, because, well, he's hilarious. Then maybe Scotty or Spock. (But, I will have to say, I like the new Jaylah character from the last movie. )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
"Trouble with Tribbles"
"Voyage Home"
Bones
I like that there is humor in the show.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 14, 2018 wrote:
(I don't watch the show, only the new films, so... )

2. Favorite Star Trek film: Either one of the new three (Star Trek, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Star Trek: Beyond) with Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Zoë Saldana, etc.

3. Too hard. Favorite is "Bones" McCoy, because, well, he's hilarious. Then maybe Scotty or Spock. (But, I will have to say, I like the new Jaylah character from the last movie. )
You really should watch the show, its the greatest show to ever exist.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on May 15, 2018 wrote:
You really should watch the show, its the greatest show to ever exist.
Actually, for me, the greatest show ever to exist is Fringe, but I'll take that as a really good show.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
logged on just to type that star wars is better than star trek

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
turtlemcturtleton on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
Aye, matey! I be in agreement!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Now, let's not start an argument on which is best, both tell great stories, both have a wide appeal across generations and both have been inspirational to the KI writers.
But to me, Trek is better! Hahaha! )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If it weren't for Star Trek, there would be no Star Wars.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
If it weren't for Star Trek, there would be no Star Wars.
Well, possibly -- but it is true that Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek came first and could very well have planted those seeds with a young George Lucas.

If it weren't for Jules Verne and HG Wells, would we have either?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
No, in fact I could write an entire essay on why that is wrong.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Jun 4, 2018 wrote:
No, in fact I could write an entire essay on why that is wrong.
Erm... These are all personal opinions, kingme655. In my opinion, Star Wars is much better, but in someone else's opinion, Star Trek may be the best thing since sliced bread! Please don't say that turtlemcturtleton's post is "wrong" just because he likes Star Wars better.

Thank you.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
Erm... These are all personal opinions, kingme655. In my opinion, Star Wars is much better, but in someone else's opinion, Star Trek may be the best thing since sliced bread! Please don't say that turtlemcturtleton's post is "wrong" just because he likes Star Wars better.

Thank you.
I know its an opinion but I could still easily prove that star trek is better through facts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:

Thank you.
Actually this post is for Star Trek fans, if you want to praise Star Wars go make your own post on it - then we can go to your post and troll you.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 5, 2018 wrote:
Actually this post is for Star Trek fans, if you want to praise Star Wars go make your own post on it - then we can go to your post and troll you.
That wasn't what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that just because turtlemcturtleton liked Star Wars better, that doesn't mean that he is "wrong". We may not agree with him, but they are merely opinions. I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was "praising" Star Wars on a Star Trek topic.

However, I feel silly about even debating about "which TV show is better". Why can't we have both sides? One may like Star Wars, one may like Star Trek, one may like neither or even both equally! It really doesn't matter.

(P.S. Were you messing when you said, "if you want to praise Star Wars go make your own post on it - then we can go to your post and troll you"? I had automatically figured you were teasing, but I didn't see any "" emoji or any "JK" or anything to acknowledge the fact you were messing. Were you really serious about telling me that? )

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Hey guys,

I think this thread is veering a little off track. The OP wanted to highlight and discuss Star Trek, but that doesn't mean other franchises aren't equally as good or don't deserve praise. Both Star Trek and Star Wars have passionate fanbases and have had a tremendous impact on KingsIsle games.

I think we're all geeks at heart and there's no reason why fandoms need to battle each other for superiority. ;)

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
Hey guys,

I think this thread is veering a little off track. The OP wanted to highlight and discuss Star Trek, but that doesn't mean other franchises aren't equally as good or don't deserve praise. Both Star Trek and Star Wars have passionate fanbases and have had a tremendous impact on KingsIsle games.

I think we're all geeks at heart and there's no reason why fandoms need to battle each other for superiority. ;)
Phineas and Ferb's "Nerds of a Feather" episode had a good take on this, when the sci-fi and fantasy fans went to war at a convention over which was better. They're both good!

Besides, we don't want to be pulled into a maelstrom of battle royal, as Stargate, Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Andromeda and any other sci-fi fans I haven't mentioned pile in.

Back on track, I recently saw an old western with an actor whose voice was very familiar sounding. When I looked him up, he played a character on an original Star Trek episode AND the same character on a Deep Space 9 episode. Can you guess who? How about name other characters who appeared in the original and again in one of the spin offs?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Vanessa Mythdust on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
Hey guys,

That's exactly what I said in the second paragraph. Thank you for clarifying this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
That wasn't what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that just because turtlemcturtleton liked Star Wars better, that doesn't mean that he is "wrong". We may not agree with him, but they are merely opinions. I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was "praising" Star Wars on a Star Trek topic.

However, I feel silly about even debating about "which TV show is better". Why can't we have both sides? One may like Star Wars, one may like Star Trek, one may like neither or even both equally! It really doesn't matter.

(P.S. Were you messing when you said, "if you want to praise Star Wars go make your own post on it - then we can go to your post and troll you"? I had automatically figured you were teasing, but I didn't see any "" emoji or any "JK" or anything to acknowledge the fact you were messing. Were you really serious about telling me that? )
Aurora, the fact is that this post specifically asks for comments from Star Trek fans & kingme didn't say "which one do you think is better, ST or SW?" He wasn't asking for an opinion; he wanted to know if there were ST fans and which TV shows or movies were favorites.
Turtlemcturtleton's reply was intended ( in my eyes ) to start a fight or , at least, annoy kingme. My inclusion of "trolling" was to show how other readers may view that post and your reply of "it's only an opinion".

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Two more star trek questions,

best captain?
The show or the films?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
Phineas and Ferb's "Nerds of a Feather" episode had a good take on this, when the sci-fi and fantasy fans went to war at a convention over which was better. They're both good!

Besides, we don't want to be pulled into a maelstrom of battle royal, as Stargate, Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Andromeda and any other sci-fi fans I haven't mentioned pile in.

Back on track, I recently saw an old western with an actor whose voice was very familiar sounding. When I looked him up, he played a character on an original Star Trek episode AND the same character on a Deep Space 9 episode. Can you guess who? How about name other characters who appeared in the original and again in one of the spin offs?
Deforest Kelly? He also had a roll in The Night of the Lepus.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
Two more star trek questions,

best captain?
The show or the films?
Although Ihe original Star Trek is my favorite, I have to say that Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard is my favorite Captain.
I prefer the TV shows over the movies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Most interesting villain/s? TV show or movie.
Khan ( both original ST & movie- Wrath of Khan ) and "Q" from ST, Next Gen. None of the episodes with the Borg were that good, it's hard to care about a faceless menace without a personality, IMO.