Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Origin Change

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
So I made a terrible mistake on my privateer by choosing the wrong origin world. I think it would a great idea to allow Pirates to reset their origin world mainly because the origin world might not benefit them as much (especially in PvP).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
moses3345 on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
So I made a terrible mistake on my privateer by choosing the wrong origin world. I think it would a great idea to allow Pirates to reset their origin world mainly because the origin world might not benefit them as much (especially in PvP).
What origin world did you choose that was wrong for a Privateer? All worlds have a bonus that any pirate can use to their advantage:
Skull Island: considering that privateers don't get an attack, having a Dodge bonus is very useful.
Grizzleheim: Tough, how could this not be a bonus for a tank class like privateer?
Krokotopia: this is usually what most players of the privateer class go to for that Will bonus.
Marleybone: if this was your choice, then I would start training your privy in some Musketeer talents and enjoy that Accuracy bonus ( also good for a melee type pirate, some enemies are harder to hit than others ) and that bonus comes in handy!
MooShu: how could any warrior type not want a Damage bonus?
If you still have an issue with your "wrong choice",; we do have six slots for pirates. Just create another Privateer and choose the origin you want.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
What origin world did you choose that was wrong for a Privateer? All worlds have a bonus that any pirate can use to their advantage:
Skull Island: considering that privateers don't get an attack, having a Dodge bonus is very useful.
Grizzleheim: Tough, how could this not be a bonus for a tank class like privateer?
Krokotopia: this is usually what most players of the privateer class go to for that Will bonus.
Marleybone: if this was your choice, then I would start training your privy in some Musketeer talents and enjoy that Accuracy bonus ( also good for a melee type pirate, some enemies are harder to hit than others ) and that bonus comes in handy!
MooShu: how could any warrior type not want a Damage bonus?
If you still have an issue with your "wrong choice",; we do have six slots for pirates. Just create another Privateer and choose the origin you want.
Indeed Krokotopia, as that would have been very beneficial in PvP. Grizzleheim is my current choice. And I have all maxes so no thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
moses3345 on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Indeed Krokotopia, as that would have been very beneficial in PvP. Grizzleheim is my current choice. And I have all maxes so no thanks.
We don't know yet how our origin choice will affect the story; maybe we'll get a companion or find who our foster family is?
Right now the only thing we can change from our character creation is the flag and that's the least complicated thing in the creation process.
Still, having a bonus in Tough is useful even in PVP and if you do need a Will buff, Old Scratch or the Marchioness is there to help you.