Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Haywire armada Dragoon

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi since the last newsletter companion back story was from a pack what do you think if the next was the haywire Dragoon I really want to hear how the haywire’s joined out pirates I bet that’s a amazing story

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Aug 9, 2018 wrote:
Hi since the last newsletter companion back story was from a pack what do you think if the next was the haywire Dragoon I really want to hear how the haywire’s joined out pirates I bet that’s a amazing story
Armada companions don't have personalities & I believe the excuse offered for these pack companions was "The Resistance repaired them".

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 9, 2018 wrote:
Armada companions don't have personalities & I believe the excuse offered for these pack companions was "The Resistance repaired them".
I know but you can always add more to the story you never what kingsisle will do plus if the Resistance repaired them then why would they join our pirates wouldn’t they more likely stay with them also they could have personalities and we just don’t see them for instance look at the haywire’s in the Dreadgnaught they seem to have personalities maybe they got them after what happened to kane or we could have a another wizard101 Ruumba incident you just never know what you can do with a story that’s the fun of it

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A clockwork isn't going to have a back-story other than it was created, defeated, recycled and is now on the pirate's crew.

I never thought it was a good idea to have Armada clockwork companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Aug 10, 2018 wrote:
A clockwork isn't going to have a back-story other than it was created, defeated, recycled and is now on the pirate's crew.

I never thought it was a good idea to have Armada clockwork companions.

Only a small minority of us felt that way; most players wanted them....sigh. KI wants their players to be happy, so that's good business.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 11, 2018 wrote:
Only a small minority of us felt that way; most players wanted them....sigh. KI wants their players to be happy, so that's good business.
Yes, I know -- I seem to quite often be in the minority with my opinions, so keeping an open mind is definitely a plus when it comes to changes and updates that they make to the game.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 11, 2018 wrote:
Exactly.

To quote Lord Beckett from Pirates of the Caribbean, "It's nothing personal. Just good business."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 11, 2018 wrote:
Exactly.

To quote Lord Beckett from Pirates of the Caribbean, "It's nothing personal. Just good business."
Somewhere a cat is crying into his iced tea.....
Blind Mew always said he was against having Armada companions as this would destroy the "Big Bad Boos" vibe of the Armada. He also said that if "he could find a cool way" to allow Armada companions, he would do it. Now, you can see this happening; a pirate who has only just escaped their clutches can have their own Armada companion, & this undercuts the Armada as a threat to nearly nothing.
When I was threatened by Armada forces I felt a momentary chill, no one feels that today.

I pray that we don't get an Elite offered in the Crown Shop.
My own Armada Musketeer is currently doing house guest duty. When this game updates, he will be on permanent "Sailin'" orders; I'd rather use the Crazy Monqustador Crossbowman than this creepy hunk of metal!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Blind Mew always said he was against having Armada companions as this would destroy the "Big Bad Boos" vibe of the Armada. He also said that if "he could find a cool way" to allow Armada companions, he would do it. Now, you can see this happening; a pirate who has only just escaped their clutches can have their own Armada companion, & this undercuts the Armada as a threat to nearly nothing.
When I was threatened by Armada forces I felt a momentary chill, no one feels that today.

My own Armada Musketeer is currently doing house guest duty. When this game updates, he will be on permanent "Sailin'" orders; I'd rather use the Crazy Monqustador Crossbowman than this creepy hunk of metal!
For Kingsisle to offer another armada companion in the Pirate 101 Crown Shop I think it would have to be something unique.

As it is now it is your choice wither you open Ashes Of The Armada packs are not so if you are against the pack just don't open any of them.

Also, I don't think the pack is a bad thing for Pirate 101 at all, you have to remember that the particular armada types that can be obtained in the pack are the non-boss types that were controlled by Kane, they were not controlling themselves at all, therefore they are not evil and if your pirates obtains 1 or all of them they can have their control back using auto companions so they can be good.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:

I certainly hope we don't get an Elite or a Court Member in the Crown Shop. I always wanted to have a reprogrammed Clockwork Companion, but having Kane or one of the Court in the Crown Shop or as a Companion? No thank you!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
I certainly hope we don't get an Elite or a Court Member in the Crown Shop. I always wanted to have a reprogrammed Clockwork Companion, but having Kane or one of the Court in the Crown Shop or as a Companion? No thank you!
I actually hope we recruit Phule and he ultimately helps a crush Kane's dreams of evil domination of the spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
For Kingsisle to offer another armada companion in the Pirate 101 Crown Shop I think it would have to be something unique.

As it is now it is your choice wither you open Ashes Of The Armada packs are not so if you are against the pack just don't open any of them.

Also, I don't think the pack is a bad thing for Pirate 101 at all, you have to remember that the particular armada types that can be obtained in the pack are the non-boss types that were controlled by Kane, they were not controlling themselves at all, therefore they are not evil and if your pirates obtains 1 or all of them they can have their control back using auto companions so they can be good.
This pack also contains some of the best weapons at max level in this game.if you're unable to farm the Dreadnought. I never wanted a clockwork, but I wanted a high-level powerful weapon for all my pirates. I was hoping my rotten luck at pack recruits would protect me, but the Gods of Irony & Luck decided otherwise.
I don't open any now, because I have collected all the weapons from this pack.
Recruiting these companions do hurt the game, for the same reason Blind Mew stated many years ago. I'm just very disappointed that KI decided to do it this way: if they had placed these companions as Unlocked crown shop items ( after completing the Clockworks dungeon ), then those who wanted an Armada companion would buy the ones they wanted, and those of us who didn't want one could leave them alone.
They're not any better in PVE than any of the companions we currently have, as for the PVP argument - these companions aren't necessary to win, I've defeated them in several matches handily.
But this has really wandered away from the subject; which is whether Armada clockworks have a backstory. What I wonder is this - WHO is the genius able to repair and re-program the clockworks? ( It wasn't Kane or Gazpaccio, did Gazpaccio have an apprentice? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
I actually hope we recruit Phule and he ultimately helps a crush Kane's dreams of evil domination of the spiral.
Ugh, no, never!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
Ugh, no, never!
Well think about, who knows Kane and Queen better than Phule? All the other Armada bosses are being controlled by Kane but Phule actually seems to think some on his own, if we recruited Phule and Phule became loyal to us, he might could our help pirates know what the plans of Kane and Queen are.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 14, 2018 wrote:
Well think about, who knows Kane and Queen better than Phule? All the other Armada bosses are being controlled by Kane but Phule actually seems to think some on his own, if we recruited Phule and Phule became loyal to us, he might could our help pirates know what the plans of Kane and Queen are.
1. Phule only helped because it was in his interest to do so; Kane wasn't including him in his project to go to El Dorado and seek perfection. Therefore, Phule would have died along with the rest of the Spiral, if Kane hadn't been stopped.
2. Recruiting Phule would be exactly like letting The Joker into the Justice League. ( shudder ) We couldn't trust him.
Please, no more arguments on this: lets just let this thread continue about the true subject: Should the Haywire Clockworks have a Rogues Gallery?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 14, 2018 wrote:
I actually agree...