Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Skeleton Key boss location ideas

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
With Krampus gone for the next holiday season, or until Christmas in July, I now feel P101's lacking new Wood Stone and Gold Skeleton Key secret bosses. Really kinda strains our needs for challenging battles with unique rewards.

That said, I have a couple ideas on how that could be addressed while we wait for more new adventures. There's lots o' places that needs new Skeleton Key bosses, along with some places that could have new doors with Skeleton Key locks in it.

1. That lone tower in The Presidio in Skull Island, it should feature a Wood Key boss in it that holds one of its most dangerous criminals yet, scheming to escape his or her way out but we should stop the criminal before escaping the prison.

2. The open cave in Castillo Sapo in Cool Ranch could use a Wood Key boss that may be Santa Rana's predecessor or relative who is willing to keep conquering Cool Ranch's lands on his behalf.

3. The top floor in Moo Manchu's Tower in MooShu that currently serves to be an unnecessary exit back to the Paths of Penance(which doesn't make sense, since we do have our "Return to Life Fountain" buttons to do that), reformat that into a new hidden chamber holding a new Gold Key boss that may be a servant to the White Chrysanthemum Demon Monkey King mentioned and is plotting to revive it back to MooShu, but only we can stop it.

4. The doors in the chamber to the right before facing General Tso in his fortress in Khotan, it should hold a Stone Key boss that could be Tso's power hungry spy sergeant responsible for staging some coup d'états against Yoshihito's trusted advisors to wage wars against one another then step in and take over in his name, but only we must stop him before he could wage more secret wars.

There's plenty to place them in. Anyone have ideas? I could keep doing more.

Thanks for listening!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I would prefer some bosses that are outside of existing dungeons. There is no lack of unused caves and doors throughout the Spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The idea of yet more farming dungeons of any kind leaves me cold...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Trimond297 on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
With Krampus gone for the next holiday season, or until Christmas in July, I now feel P101's lacking new Wood Stone and Gold Skeleton Key secret bosses. Really kinda strains our needs for challenging battles with unique rewards.

That said, I have a couple ideas on how that could be addressed while we wait for more new adventures. There's lots o' places that needs new Skeleton Key bosses, along with some places that could have new doors with Skeleton Key locks in it.

1. That lone tower in The Presidio in Skull Island, it should feature a Wood Key boss in it that holds one of its most dangerous criminals yet, scheming to escape his or her way out but we should stop the criminal before escaping the prison.

2. The open cave in Castillo Sapo in Cool Ranch could use a Wood Key boss that may be Santa Rana's predecessor or relative who is willing to keep conquering Cool Ranch's lands on his behalf.

3. The top floor in Moo Manchu's Tower in MooShu that currently serves to be an unnecessary exit back to the Paths of Penance(which doesn't make sense, since we do have our "Return to Life Fountain" buttons to do that), reformat that into a new hidden chamber holding a new Gold Key boss that may be a servant to the White Chrysanthemum Demon Monkey King mentioned and is plotting to revive it back to MooShu, but only we can stop it.

4. The doors in the chamber to the right before facing General Tso in his fortress in Khotan, it should hold a Stone Key boss that could be Tso's power hungry spy sergeant responsible for staging some coup d'états against Yoshihito's trusted advisors to wage wars against one another then step in and take over in his name, but only we must stop him before he could wage more secret wars.

There's plenty to place them in. Anyone have ideas? I could keep doing more.

Thanks for listening!
Allow me to share mine!

Kapito Chief in Devilfish Hollow - Wood Key

Doomhorn Warlord in Pyramid of Fire - Wood Key

The Floating Dutchman's first mate on the Marie Celestia - Wood Key

Prawn Cultists in Skull Cap Cove - Wood Key

Nightmare Santa Rana in Santo Pollo - Gold Key

Nightmare Three Scars in Isla de los Muertos - Gold Key

Nightmare Beemish in Port Regal - Obsidian Key

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I would like a ship-based skeleton boss (i.e. vortex key access). One per each type of key. Maybe the Obsidian key could be a tower boss that requires a team of ships to destroy.

Drops could be some much needed upgraded ships (level 70) and associated equipment.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
The idea of yet more farming dungeons of any kind leaves me cold...
Well, W101 does have many Skeleton Key bosses, so, I thought P101 should have more. May give us something to keep us busy while we wait until more new adventures are ready.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Oran from Urz on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
I would like a ship-based skeleton boss (i.e. vortex key access). One per each type of key. Maybe the Obsidian key could be a tower boss that requires a team of ships to destroy.

Drops could be some much needed upgraded ships (level 70) and associated equipment.
I like that! Nautical Skeleton Key boss! Yes please!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Well, W101 does have many Skeleton Key bosses, so, I thought P101 should have more. May give us something to keep us busy while we wait until more new adventures are ready.
There are better things to "keep us busy" that they could implement right now. ( crafting, gardening, & fishing. )
What's the use of farming dungeons, unless we get a level cap raise and better gear along with that?
Krampus didn't drop any better gear, nor do most of the Skeleton Key bosses we have now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
Also, the wizards are 60 levels above us and those Skeleton Key bosses drop unique gear ( worth farming for ),, pets & mounts.
Except for Krampus, we have no special pets and NO special mounts from our bosses.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Oran from Urz on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:

This is a good idea.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Lookit Light on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
Allow me to share mine!

Kapito Chief in Devilfish Hollow - Wood Key

Doomhorn Warlord in Pyramid of Fire - Wood Key

The Floating Dutchman's first mate on the Marie Celestia - Wood Key

Prawn Cultists in Skull Cap Cove - Wood Key

Nightmare Santa Rana in Santo Pollo - Gold Key

Nightmare Three Scars in Isla de los Muertos - Gold Key

Nightmare Beemish in Port Regal - Obsidian Key
Beemish is my favorite villain, so yes please!

I like the idea of a nautical dungeon. The Regatta is pretty fun, so I think this is cool (as a side note, a ship combat revamp would be neat...sometimes it feels a little too repetitive).

I agree with anecorbie that gardening/fishing/crafting (mostly fishing) should take priority. The skeleton key bosses, however, do open up a lot of possibilities, so I'd love to see where this conversation takes us.

We all know that more content is coming, judging by the Promoted Hawkules and the level 75 Scratch picture. I have hope.

Beemish...yes...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
Also, the wizards are 60 levels above us and those Skeleton Key bosses drop unique gear ( worth farming for ),, pets & mounts.
Except for Krampus, we have no special pets and NO special mounts from our bosses.
I think Krampus has his own treasures, you know, one thing I really like from that Skeleton Key boss. The Obsidian key bosses don't seem to give out their own treasures. Maybe if we get more new key bosses, we may win more new exclusive treasures.