Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How about a bug fix update?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Since there aren't any plans for a Test Realm for Pirate101, @Bat Masterson, is there any word about a bug fix update to address any of the many issues pointed out on the boards here?

Administrator
Willowydream on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
Since there aren't any plans for a Test Realm for Pirate101, @Bat Masterson, is there any word about a bug fix update to address any of the many issues pointed out on the boards here?

Yes! We want to do another one soon, but the timing depends on a few things.

Just to ensure we're in sync with everything we've collected so far in the forums for bug reports, it would be fantastic if someone could help us out and come up with a basic list of the current major issues yet to be fixed...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Bat Masterson on Mar 14, 2019 wrote:

Just to ensure we're in sync with everything we've collected so far in the forums for bug reports, it would be fantastic if someone could help us out and come up with a basic list of the current major issues yet to be fixed...
I didn't keep track of any known major issues lately... it may take some time, but I'll try.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
This is now a bug-listing post! I don't know much, but there's still that occasional glitch where the Ancient Corrupted Foo Lion can't be targeted and doesn't even show it's icon on the battleboard.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2018

Hey, Bat! Do you mean a list of all the ongoing bugs reported in the bilge pump put into one big list? Or a list of just the 'big issues' including ones that aren't reported? I would love to help, just wondering which one would work!

Ensign
May 07, 2013
Administrator
YaseiStriker on Mar 16, 2019 wrote:
Hey, Bat! Do you mean a list of all the ongoing bugs reported in the bilge pump put into one big list? Or a list of just the 'big issues' including ones that aren't reported? I would love to help, just wondering which one would work!
Yes, that would help us out. We have our own tracking lists internally of course, but we want to make sure we're in line with the community's own reporting here. Prioritizing the most globally/wide-spread issues at the top of course.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013

I can throw together a rough list of wide-spread bugs.

Combat related bugs-
Already made a thread detailing most of these bugs. Link

Can't join a battle after a boss is defeated. This has become particularly noticeable with the introduction of skeleton key bosses.

Obsidian Duck of Death is marked as a gauntlet preventing other players from teleporting to their friends fighting him, which isn't a thing for any other skeleton key bosses

Obsidian Deathdealers still do only 80 damage despite being a level 70 weapon

Serpent Augurs and some other enemies in the smuggler arena have missing critical hit animations.

Companion related issues-
The Presidio companion crownshop counterparts have obnoxious glitchy stretching textures when used in combat after their final promotion. If any of you own Malik, you should know exactly what I am talking about. Its also seen in some of the other Presidio companions, but I don't own all the counterparts so I can't say which for sure.

The entire Spirits of Yuletide situation:
So many issues with these companions that never got fixed. The Spirit of receiving is infamous for not having a single epic talent grant to train. The Spirit of Giving doesn't have a voice when you give them commands in combat or in the companion interface. None of them are boosted by Baron Samedi's standard despite being ghosts. There is also the whole situation of how they're supposedly supposed to have promotions but don't.

Dungeon Bugs-

If you stand where the final battle spawns in the labyrinth when the gong is hit you start the battle without all the minotaurs, then the battle can't be complete and you have to flee and restart the battle.

In engineering on beachhead it is possible to hit a lever before the quest prompts you to by avoiding a battle someone else started, breaking the dungeon and requiring a restart.

Cabin exploit: Yep, I am rating out all you serial cheaters. You can reset the final boss of a gauntlet by previewing a cabin in the crown shop, waiting a minute, and then exiting the cabin. Fix this already, its been well known for over a year and I am tired of defeating dreadnaught just to find some jerk has had their ship parked there for an hour while cheating to respawn the boss preventing me from entering the dungeon myself because the sigil timer expired 55 minutes ago.

Pet Stuff:
Morphing with another player often results in an infinite loading screen which forces you to restart the game.

Clicking on a player causes their follower to disappear, it's annoying, especially in the morphing tent.

There's a bunch of selfish musketeer talents for a pets that don't make any sense, pets can't use talents like Quick adjust so why do they exist?

New Winter Weapons-
The Staffy/Stabby champion weapon for some reason functions as a staffy only weapon, resulting in a bunch of glitchy attack animations and inability to use any melee based talents.

The Stabby/Shooty and Stabby/Smashy ones also have the player holding the stabby weapon upside down, resulting in most attack animations to have the weapon pointing the wrong way.

Thats all I can think of right now

Administrator
Friendly Jesse Pew on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
I can throw together a rough list of wide-spread bugs.

Combat related bugs-
Already made a thread detailing most of these bugs. Link

Can't join a battle after a boss is defeated. This has become particularly noticeable with the introduction of skeleton key bosses.

Obsidian Duck of Death is marked as a gauntlet preventing other players from teleporting to their friends fighting him, which isn't a thing for any other skeleton key bosses

Obsidian Deathdealers still do only 80 damage despite being a level 70 weapon

Serpent Augurs and some other enemies in the smuggler arena have missing critical hit animations.

Companion related issues-
The Presidio companion crownshop counterparts have obnoxious glitchy stretching textures when used in combat after their final promotion. If any of you own Malik, you should know exactly what I am talking about. Its also seen in some of the other Presidio companions, but I don't own all the counterparts so I can't say which for sure.

The entire Spirits of Yuletide situation:
So many issues with these companions that never got fixed. The Spirit of receiving is infamous for not having a single epic talent grant to train. The Spirit of Giving doesn't have a voice when you give them commands in combat or in the companion interface. None of them are boosted by Baron Samedi's standard despite being ghosts. There is also the whole situation of how they're supposedly supposed to have promotions but don't.

Dungeon Bugs-

If you stand where the final battle spawns in the labyrinth when the gong is hit you start the battle without all the minotaurs, then the battle can't be complete and you have to flee and restart the battle.

In engineering on beachhead it is possible to hit a lever before the quest prompts you to by avoiding a battle someone else started, breaking the dungeon and requiring a restart.

Cabin exploit: Yep, I am rating out all you serial cheaters. You can reset the final boss of a gauntlet by previewing a cabin in the crown shop, waiting a minute, and then exiting the cabin. Fix this already, its been well known for over a year and I am tired of defeating dreadnaught just to find some jerk has had their ship parked there for an hour while cheating to respawn the boss preventing me from entering the dungeon myself because the sigil timer expired 55 minutes ago.

Pet Stuff:
Morphing with another player often results in an infinite loading screen which forces you to restart the game.

Clicking on a player causes their follower to disappear, it's annoying, especially in the morphing tent.

There's a bunch of selfish musketeer talents for a pets that don't make any sense, pets can't use talents like Quick adjust so why do they exist?

New Winter Weapons-
The Staffy/Stabby champion weapon for some reason functions as a staffy only weapon, resulting in a bunch of glitchy attack animations and inability to use any melee based talents.

The Stabby/Shooty and Stabby/Smashy ones also have the player holding the stabby weapon upside down, resulting in most attack animations to have the weapon pointing the wrong way.

Thats all I can think of right now
Yar! This is very helpful. It's also nice to hear when the community has concerns and reports them directly to us in this way. Every bit helps!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Below is a bug that has existed for two years....and the worst kind since it cheats players out of money. The Silent Knight Duelist set is offered during every Yuletide season. It is a weapon that has absolutely no stats on it (intended to be stitched), however, it cannot be stitched to any known weapon in the game. It is literally a useless weapon that you pay Crowns for, since if you equip it without stitching to another weapon you miss/get resisted almost every time.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a4246759fc0201676a9b8e426f2b

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Here's another bug previously posted, never fixed:

The Machine Core - the final dungeon of the game does not count towards your Team Up totals in obtaining the badge. You, as the player attempting to help others, get no credit for this dungeon. After you complete the dungeon and leave the dungeon, you get a warning indicating you are leaving the dungeon without completing it (that's what is causing the issue).

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a42b5f9ae707015fbd62ea850d8c

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Several Companions have an irregularly low Epic Talent number for the world they're acquired in. Take Samocles, for example. Despite being found in Aquila, he only has 3 Epic Talents. Monkey King and Hawkules (both with connections to the higher-ups, if you get what I mean) are more examples of companions with a grossly low number of Epic Talents. Also, Monkey King's long overdue for a promotion quest. And I won't even get to the Spirit of Returning...

I would request that you get to this issue when you're able. And please don't make it several years again...

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
My main concern -- The rewards received from the Ambassadors on the Party Barge -- At this time, Privateers can NEVER receive anything for their class, and only Musketeers and Witchdoctors can receive max level items.

This has literally been "bugging" me from the beginning.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I just remembered one that troubles me: the infamous Red Monquista Glitch.

Basically, all the colors and hues of Monquista are gone, instead replaced by a prevailant red. In La Mancha and the Summer Palace, the terrain is basically non-existent, there's black everywhere, and you can't see where you are. Also, there's no music at all. The oddest thing is, the bug is not present when I play on another laptop! Could this be fixed?

Also, my house is completely black too! Very annoying.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Bat Masterson on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
Yar! This is very helpful. It's also nice to hear when the community has concerns and reports them directly to us in this way. Every bit helps!
Even this bit I call a bug report? That counts, Bat Masterson. We'll keep trying to report issues that need fixing.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
When a companion dodges Contessa Argento's attack, they use their hurt animations instead on their dodge animations.