Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Hello there again, the annoying pirate is back . I have decided to make a post where players can ask for advice for companions, and get it answered by others. You could even discuss why a companion should be used for specific strategies. Hope you all enjoy .

The daily advice for this post from me : Today: Even though contessa has her hide, it's helpless for facing obsidian scratch.

Signed, Cunning Caleb Hawkins, lvl 70
Silver Caleb Armstrong, lvl 8

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Amazingshot123 on May 27, 2020 wrote:
Hello there again, the annoying pirate is back . I have decided to make a post where players can ask for advice for companions, and get it answered by others. You could even discuss why a companion should be used for specific strategies. Hope you all enjoy .

The daily advice for this post from me : Today: Even though contessa has her hide, it's helpless for facing obsidian scratch.

Signed, Cunning Caleb Hawkins, lvl 70
Silver Caleb Armstrong, lvl 8
Daily advice: Giving a companion Relentless 3 might seem good at first, but using it for second chance, vengeance strike or even first strike ( which I have a bad experience with, I'll explain later) will be much more helpful.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Not sure if my last one got through, due to connection issues, but I can never be too careful.

Daily Advice: if you want to knock out someone without too much trouble, vengeance strike 3, relentless 2, and Blade storm 3 are all very useful.

Note: I will not be posting on weekends sadly.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Daily Advice: don't be afraid to take risks, no risk no reward..

A little question to get this topic going: which team is best for obsidian scratch between these 2:

Egg shen, Old scratch, and Bonnie Anne or Lucky Jack Russell, Egg shen and Old scratch?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Amazingshot123 on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
Daily Advice: don't be afraid to take risks, no risk no reward..

A little question to get this topic going: which team is best for obsidian scratch between these 2:

Egg shen, Old scratch, and Bonnie Anne or Lucky Jack Russell, Egg shen and Old scratch?
The guide I used suggested the second team as a stable privateer build with Contessa instead of Jack. Using Jack, though, I think a melee companion with a larger movement range and guaranteed super hit as opposed to Bonnie Anne makes charging Scratch a bit easier. Not that I know much, though, I've only fought him once and had to try it three times before I won.