Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer- practice points

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
I've recently made privateer, and i'm not sure how to spend my practice points.Any tips?

Sneaky David Percy

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Hi veteran pirate101 player here, I have a near max lvl (Bold Ryan Richardson) if you want my opinion, it depends on your play style. If you like to heal and bomb use your practice points on to boost your spell power. If you do that also use some in so you can have higher armor and a melee attack for getting to the other side of the battle faster. This style is most useful is you have gear that has heals and bombs and a smash and slashy weapon or a staffy and slashy which is better for a but a whole lot harder to find than smash and slashy weapon. The other style is if you like to act like a and be in the thick of things. Put skill points in like the other style but instead of put the rest in to boost your damage and the amount you can move around plus sneak attack. This style is most useful when you have gear that gives you attacks that can't miss like sneak attack and the attacks that doubles the amount you can move and one makes the unlucky target's accuracy spit in half the other lets you do another attack and one does both. You also would need a smash and slashy weapon you could do a stabby and slashy but it wouldn't have as high damage due to the fact that it uses agility and the bace damage isn't as high. They're is another style but I can't help with that one due to the fact that I haven't tried it. I hope this help

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Currently at lvl 70 alongside Prospector Zeke's 7 side quests you can obtain up to 21 Practice Points. I HIGHLY recommend that you obtain all 21. This is what my privateer uses with the full 21.

Melee Privateer

N/A

Talents - Smashy Weapons Rank 2 (You do not need to train accurate 1 for it, so ignore that when training into it)
Powers - Kraken's Coils (Do not train Triton's Song)

Talents - Fast 2 (Again, you do not need to train accurate 1 when training into this so skip over it)
Powers - Walk in Shadows (Do not train Hurl Knives)

Talents - Spooky 2 (Train all TALENTS before it, you do not need to train the powers)
Powers - Ghostwail

Hidden Trainers
Talents - Witch Hunter 1, Relentless 1

That's for melee Privy with the full 21 PP

Staff Privateer

Talents - Spooky 2
Powers - All except Juju

Talents - Fast Rank 2
Powers - Walk in Shadows

N/A

N/A

Hidden Trainers
Powers - Forbiddance
Talents - Witch Hunter Rank 1

This is only using 18 PP so you would only need to do 4 Zeke quests. You can use the last 3 for whatever you like or just save them in case of future updates where you would have to buy a reset otherwise.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Wow, thanks for the help, that was a lot of info lol

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
rex1556 on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
I've recently made privateer, and i'm not sure how to spend my practice points.Any tips?

Sneaky David Percy
Get spooky 2 it's a must for any privy.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
I found my self short of a few points, isn't barricade important for privy, why is it not in the guide?