Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Not getting tactical screen fighting Old Scratch

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Yesterday I was running one of my lower-level pirates on a secondary account. Lost connection briefly just as I was choosing which crew would fight with me, and when it reconnected, I had a) random crew, not the guys I'd selected and b) I never ever got the tactical screen. Fortunately Indigo heard me snarling about it and brought in one of his pirates (who got the tactical screen) and I could call up another account and bring in a third pirate (who got the tactical screen). Poor Impish Ellie and her crew stood helplessly in the middle of the fight while those two pirates cleared the board. Yeah, she got credit for the battle and could actually grab chests, but it's kind of cheating that she didn't do the actual fight required to get Old Scratch. I'd have fled the battle and tried it again if I'd ever gotten the chance.

So what's up with this, KI? I've been seeing the lost connection more frequently of late, both here in TX and while we were in Nashville. It's not my ISP. It happens on both the desktop and the tablet. Sure, it usually comes back without yesterday's issue, but it's getting annoying. Both machines are running Win10. I have more than enough RAM to cope with P101, and I'm rarely running any other programs in the background except for Norton antivirus.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Yesterday I was running one of my lower-level pirates on a secondary account. Lost connection briefly just as I was choosing which crew would fight with me, and when it reconnected, I had a) random crew, not the guys I'd selected and b) I never ever got the tactical screen. Fortunately Indigo heard me snarling about it and brought in one of his pirates (who got the tactical screen) and I could call up another account and bring in a third pirate (who got the tactical screen). Poor Impish Ellie and her crew stood helplessly in the middle of the fight while those two pirates cleared the board. Yeah, she got credit for the battle and could actually grab chests, but it's kind of cheating that she didn't do the actual fight required to get Old Scratch. I'd have fled the battle and tried it again if I'd ever gotten the chance.

So what's up with this, KI? I've been seeing the lost connection more frequently of late, both here in TX and while we were in Nashville. It's not my ISP. It happens on both the desktop and the tablet. Sure, it usually comes back without yesterday's issue, but it's getting annoying. Both machines are running Win10. I have more than enough RAM to cope with P101, and I'm rarely running any other programs in the background except for Norton antivirus.
wow... I experience some really bad lag, at times, all I will have running is my browser in case I need to look something up, and my antivirus program. anyways. that is a very strange glitch. also, if impish ellie glitched out, its not considered cheating. in my opinion, it isn't, anyway.