Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class Trainers as companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
since it is unlikely we'll get a level cap raise and we have absolutely no reason to see our class trainers again after hitting max level and getting the last power, i think it would be great if they became part of the crew. while yes they are important to the lore/story, we've had Avery on our crew (even if it was brief) so i think this idea could work.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
since it is unlikely we'll get a level cap raise and we have absolutely no reason to see our class trainers again after hitting max level and getting the last power, i think it would be great if they became part of the crew. while yes they are important to the lore/story, we've had Avery on our crew (even if it was brief) so i think this idea could work.
When a story-line up-date comes and our levels get a raise, then we will have new powers to train from our class trainers.Besides, why would our trainers want to join our crews? They've been with Captain Avery and are doing well. Also, we will be getting more companions with a new story-line. Captain Avery didn't "join" us for that battle, we were rescuing him. He was an ally ( even if we did get to choose his actions. )
I don't think this would work. As a swashbuckler, I already have more than enough buckler companions, I would want a different class.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
No, thank you, unless it was, like Avery -- for one quest only.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
the minutemen on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/update_notes/september2018 How then do you explain a Level 75 Old Scratch and a Level 75 Pirate in a picture in the most recent update notes (along with a promoted Hawkules)? This confirms a level increase is being worked on.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/update_notes/september2018 How then do you explain a Level 75 Old Scratch and a Level 75 Pirate in a picture in the most recent update notes (along with a promoted Hawkules)? This confirms a level increase is being worked on.
. . . . . .

LEGENDARY

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
I can explain it, but I warn you, you may not like the explanation. Over 3 years ago a picture of Old Scratch in his level 70 promo appearance ended up in the newsletter ( sorry I don't remember the month ). This was during the hiatus before VA2 was even hinted at.
How do we know that that promoted Hawkules and level 75 pirate isn't from that time? Or even from the expanded version of the VA2 quest line? Remember that Blind Mew told us that the quest line we got was severely shortened ( maybe those extra 5 levels were from that. )
Hopefully, since KI is showing this, it is an indication that a story-line update is coming, perhaps Spring next year....
And that level increase ought to be more than 5 levels or KI will really hear some complaints!