Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's a good strategy against a privateer.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Ok, title says it all, but i'm a .

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
piratelover410 on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
Ok, title says it all, but i'm a .
Musketeer vs. Privy matchup tends to be sorta difficult, since the Privy can, with the proper build, outlast, outdamage, and outrun most of your strategies. I don't play musket, so there's not much I can give. Just some things to watch out for:

1. Big Guns + Blast of Discord -- Spread out your companions early. You don't want the privy applying more pressure than you can handle.
2. Make sure to bring Forts + Absorbs -- The more defenses you have, the better off you are. Absorbs are beautiful for stalling.
3. Firstmate's Boon + Nausica -- This is very common. It's also very difficult to counter. Your best bet is probably to carry a Purge Magic (Scratch works), and to bring along an anti-musket. This can be a Magnificent Seven companion, Prince Yulefest, or a True Grit Nausica build.

I recommend Stephanie Dawnheart's videos. She primarily plays Privy, and seeing how she plays might help you better learn to counter it.

If you need a sparring partner in-game, I'm Cedric Moone.

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Hey, I've seen you around then.