Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Thoughts on the Krampus Fight

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
So I recently did the silver and gold version of the Krampus fight, and here's what I have to say about it:

The Good:

1. The Music: I know the music used in the Krampus lobby and fight are the same from W101, but it is still a great piece of music to listen to.

2. Detailed Areas: Again, still the same things from W101, but I loved the attention to detail when you first walk in to see a well decorated dining room like area, only for smoke to come out of the fireplaces and make the room dark and messy. And Krampus' lair was nice looking too.

The Bad:

1. No Story/Dialogue: This is kinda a big one for me, in W101, there was somewhat a story about how Krampus thinks you know nothing about the Christmas spirit (at least I think that's what it's about). But here? There's none of that. He doesn't even say, "Naughty, naughty, Krampus sees all," when you enter his lair like he does in W101.

2. The Battle: Ok so, the battle is pretty broken. For instance, the nutcracker musketeers have some weird skills like Flanking 2 (this is the melee version, not its musket counterpart, Crossfire). In the gold fight, he didn't summon more minions like the guide I read said he would. In fact, he didn't really use many of the cheats that were in it. So really, this fight was easy. (Also as a side note, on the battle map, Krampus' image has a black 3D cube behind it. And if Krampus is hit by an attack that hits multiple times or is about to be hit by a epic/mega/super hit, you can hear Troggy noises as he gets hit/cowers from the epic/mega/super hit)

3. The Rewards: Lastly there's the rewards, while there is a chance of getting one of two pets (Coallie Pollie or Lump of Coal), you will most likely get housing items, one of the cookie weapons, and 1 of 5 Krampus' weapon drops (Bell Ringer, Staff and Shooter, Staff and Steel, Yulestaff, or Staff and Stinger). The thing is, these weapons aren't really that powerful since they don't give any extra talents, powers, or abilities (plus none of Krapmus' weapon drops are strength oriented so Buccaneers are out of luck). So unless you want either of the pets, Krampus isn't worth farming (unless you're a badge hunter and want to beat each version 100 times then go for it).

4. Keys: So like W101, you need a skeleton key to access Krampus: wood for low level, stone for medium, and gold for high. So back to farming for the badges, if you want 100 wins on each Krampus, you will also need to farm for 100 of each key.

Final Thoughts:

In all honesty, Krampus is ok, I guess? The atmosphere of the place is nice, but the lack of dialogue, easy battle, and mostly lame rewards really outweighs it. It is just not worth farming. If the Krampus weapons had extra things added to them (perhaps something exclusive to those weapons like a Gingerbread Raider summon) then they'd be worth farming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate Master on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
So I recently did the silver and gold version of the Krampus fight, and here's what I have to say about it:

The Good:

1. The Music: I know the music used in the Krampus lobby and fight are the same from W101, but it is still a great piece of music to listen to.

2. Detailed Areas: Again, still the same things from W101, but I loved the attention to detail when you first walk in to see a well decorated dining room like area, only for smoke to come out of the fireplaces and make the room dark and messy. And Krampus' lair was nice looking too.

The Bad:

1. No Story/Dialogue: This is kinda a big one for me, in W101, there was somewhat a story about how Krampus thinks you know nothing about the Christmas spirit (at least I think that's what it's about). But here? There's none of that. He doesn't even say, "Naughty, naughty, Krampus sees all," when you enter his lair like he does in W101.

2. The Battle: Ok so, the battle is pretty broken. For instance, the nutcracker musketeers have some weird skills like Flanking 2 (this is the melee version, not its musket counterpart, Crossfire). In the gold fight, he didn't summon more minions like the guide I read said he would. In fact, he didn't really use many of the cheats that were in it. So really, this fight was easy. (Also as a side note, on the battle map, Krampus' image has a black 3D cube behind it. And if Krampus is hit by an attack that hits multiple times or is about to be hit by a epic/mega/super hit, you can hear Troggy noises as he gets hit/cowers from the epic/mega/super hit)

3. The Rewards: Lastly there's the rewards, while there is a chance of getting one of two pets (Coallie Pollie or Lump of Coal), you will most likely get housing items, one of the cookie weapons, and 1 of 5 Krampus' weapon drops (Bell Ringer, Staff and Shooter, Staff and Steel, Yulestaff, or Staff and Stinger). The thing is, these weapons aren't really that powerful since they don't give any extra talents, powers, or abilities (plus none of Krapmus' weapon drops are strength oriented so Buccaneers are out of luck). So unless you want either of the pets, Krampus isn't worth farming (unless you're a badge hunter and want to beat each version 100 times then go for it).

4. Keys: So like W101, you need a skeleton key to access Krampus: wood for low level, stone for medium, and gold for high. So back to farming for the badges, if you want 100 wins on each Krampus, you will also need to farm for 100 of each key.

Final Thoughts:

In all honesty, Krampus is ok, I guess? The atmosphere of the place is nice, but the lack of dialogue, easy battle, and mostly lame rewards really outweighs it. It is just not worth farming. If the Krampus weapons had extra things added to them (perhaps something exclusive to those weapons like a Gingerbread Raider summon) then they'd be worth farming.
Because of the lack of dialogue a few players have been confused as to who ( what ) Krampus is; since this instance was ( nearly ) a direct import from Wizard into Pirate, then the dialogue should be a part of this.
I vant mein Oma!

The wooden ( level 12+ ) and stone key fights are easy for anyone over level 40 - 50, The gold key fights are best with a team, and yes Krampus will summon more minions two rounds after you've defeated his first team. He doesn't have the chance to do that for the lower fights, because he's quickly defeated.
It's not that hard to gather the keys needed for those fights, they seem to drop fairly frequently, at least to me.
His weapons are best for stitching, so if you want a unique looking weapon, then Krampus farming is for you!
He also drops "Treasures" ( like in packs ) that are worth a bit of gold. I've received Krampus Bells, Shackles and a Basket.
I also noticed the weird Troggy noises. And the "Nooo!" like Gingerbread men.
This dialogue should also be in place:

"Naughty, naughty, Krampus sees all!" & "Naughty, naughty, Krampus will remember!" ( after you defeat him. )
So maybe next year ( or for Christmas in July ) we can have the dialogue?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've been farming keys in various locations, and have only gone in once and used a Wood Skeleton Key, so I have to agree with you about the lack of exposition and dialogue. They did spend some time on creating the battleboard and Krampus himself, but his minions were copied in a hurry, like the dungeon "lobby."

I would just like to add that the weird green box on the beach could perhaps be moved to a cave somewhere farther up, or nearer Waponi Wu, couldn't it? Or, if the location is fixed, perhaps next year, rather than another gift box, the graphics team could enlarge the Gingerbread House housing item for the entrance? I think that would be much nicer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
I've been farming keys in various locations, and have only gone in once and used a Wood Skeleton Key, so I have to agree with you about the lack of exposition and dialogue. They did spend some time on creating the battleboard and Krampus himself, but his minions were copied in a hurry, like the dungeon "lobby."

I would just like to add that the weird green box on the beach could perhaps be moved to a cave somewhere farther up, or nearer Waponi Wu, couldn't it? Or, if the location is fixed, perhaps next year, rather than another gift box, the graphics team could enlarge the Gingerbread House housing item for the entrance? I think that would be much nicer.

I like that idea of the Gingerbread House ( of course, wizards just have a Door. ) Perhaps that cave near the life fountain on the SI docks would be a good place?