Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cool Ranch and Aquila

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
We all that every world in the Spiral is renowned- or notorious for something.
Skull Island is the home of lots of pirates, and they’ve made alliances with monquista, polaris, marleybone
Monquista is vast and was once a great empire.
Valencia formerly held Kane and the Armada with an iron fist.
MooShu is the home of the Samoorai and many other creatures, and the landscape is beautiful with trade from other worlds.
Marleybone is the land of the Dogs and is based off of the UK (do I need to explain?)
Polaris has a great general named Napoleguin who started the Polaris War and was a brilliant strategist. Don’t they have polar bears? I’ve seen 3 NPCs from Polaris: the party barge guy, the polar bear in valencia, and napoleguin.

But Cool Ranch is just a barren wasteland full of outlaws and thieves, and Aquila is just a mythical place with the Minotaur and Argos.
We’ve never heard Cool Ranch or Aquila be mentioned in many wars or conflicts. Have you seen any Armada fighting salamander assassins or hoplites?
How are Cool Ranch and Aquila regarded to in the Spiral- are they major threats, or are they just worlds that are just “there”.

Ensign
Apr 22, 2012
Likely just neutral worlds. For example, Cool Ranch isn't mentioned by other worlds too much, and as far as Aquila goes, it was mentioned in Valencia part 2 that they cut off trade with other worlds. Though, I was hoping to see a little more of an Armada influence when it came to Aquila, especially due to there being 2 stormgates to Aquila in Valencia. (One in Aragon skyway, and the other in Calabria skyway.)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Aquila is a great and noble empire that few outsiders get to see. Cool Ranch is at the edge of the Spiral, so it makes sense that few would go there.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Cool Ranch is more than outlaws and thieves. There is the very rich indigenous culture of the Bison, the mining and ranching industries, the failed Zephyr train remains, and plenty of spooky haunted places with tons of atmosphere.

Cool Ranch is more of a place that people looking to homestead or stake a claim are going to, rather than a long-established richer world involved in Spiral politics. I don't think Cool Ranch even has a centralized government forming, like the one Avery is planning for Skull Island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 6, 2019 wrote:
Cool Ranch is more than outlaws and thieves. There is the very rich indigenous culture of the Bison, the mining and ranching industries, the failed Zephyr train remains, and plenty of spooky haunted places with tons of atmosphere.

Cool Ranch is more of a place that people looking to homestead or stake a claim are going to, rather than a long-established richer world involved in Spiral politics. I don't think Cool Ranch even has a centralized government forming, like the one Avery is planning for Skull Island.

Also we are told that those homesteaders came from "back East". We haven't seen a world with just chickens & ducks, they have some form of law as seen by Rooster Cogburn, Sheriff Lancaster & the Rangers. But no Mayors.or Governors. ( With the exception of Santo Pollo. )

We've seen a few chickens and geese in MooShu, but they don't strike me as coming from there. ( Unless, as in U.S. history, they came to work on the railroad. )