Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revive Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Bat Masterson on May 28, 2020 wrote:
I wish I could give you news on new content for the game, but honestly we don't have an announcement of that kind planned. KI Live will still though be a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101. Whichever game you like playing (hopefully both), we hope you enjoy the show regardless! I love seeing my fellow Pirates fill the Twitch chat.
First and foremost, Bat, I'd like to show some empathy for the position you're in right now. I'm sure you're stuck between a rock and a hard place with a developer that assigned you to a game they manage incompetently, and a community that feels (and veritably so) that formalities and requests will no longer get them the long-overdue answers they deserve, but demands may be able to elicit some sort of response and rekindle their hope for the game. I understand your plight, matey, we all do, but you're our only conduit to the developer that has forsaken us and we must treat you as such should the community see any future for P101.

Now, to address your comment:

"I wish I could give you news on new content for the game, but honestly we don't have an announcement of that kind planned"

This absolutely baffles me. The whole point of KI Live is to reconnect and maintain transparency with the community on a monthly basis. I apologize if I sound presumptuous, but there is an innate pattern within every significant KI update (newsletter or livestream): it all seems like one big game of kicking the can down the road, phrasing open-ended statements provocatively and making false promises so as to milk our hopes for cash as long as possible. That's wrong. KI management may have fooled us before, but now that their core fanbase has one foot out the door, I hope they understand we'll be bringing our pocketbooks with us. We as a community are so passionate about this game, most of us have been loyal fans since childhood and we don't deserve the continual neglect we're getting from our devs. I'll share a piece of my personal story to add perspective to the matter: the last time the community received actual story content was in the summer of 2016, before my 8th grade school year. I'm pretty much a grown man now, and the state of the game is exactly the same as it was 4 years prior, save a few minor updates. We asked for Polaris, or Grizzleheim, or Krokotopia, and we got nothing. We then asked for smaller things, such as fishing, more packs, crafting, more houses, still nothing. Now all we're asking for is the truth, Bat, and it saddens me that KI can't even give us that.

"KI Live will still though be a mix of our games...we hope you enjoy the show regardless!"
I don't know about the rest of the community, but I don't tune in to KI Live in hopes of watching you and Falmea play Nautical Gauntlet for 20 minutes and have the occasional recycled microtransaction thrown at me. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but the truth is I'm there to glean any scrap I can about the future of the game, or really any information at all pertaining to it. Your positivity is admirable, Bat, but I think I speak for all of us when I say I wish there was more to smile about.

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
I'm genuinely wondering if this game is gonna have any serious updates, maybe even just a dungeon or something. The community has been getting a lot more active and the people have been asking. Can we expect anything besides traditional events.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
I wish I could give you news on new content for the game, but honestly we don't have an announcement of that kind planned. KI Live will still though be a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101. Whichever game you like playing (hopefully both), we hope you enjoy the show regardless! I love seeing my fellow Pirates fill the Twitch chat.
Bat, who do we need to talk to, to get this game the attention it deserves?

You keep saying "We have nothing to announce right now," which we all get. My heart goes out to you for having to repeatedly say that to us - it's an unfair situation for you to be put in.

Here's the real problem though: the people making these unfair decisions are totally without accountability. We can't contact them them.

We're paying subscribers, many of whom have by this point invested easily hundreds of dollars into this game over the past 6-7 years. Many of us have been screaming in the only outlet we've been given, but it's functionally a mute button for the people in charge. Just ignore the angry customers until they throw their hands up and leave (it's been working). Heck, we're about to lose Anecorbie - think about the gravity of that sentence. She's been here for as long as I can remember (I'd been reading these forums for years before I started posting).

So, who do we talk to? What is the official Kingsisle twitter that we need to contact? It's about time the people asphyxiating this game of subs hear (not just acknowledge, but hear) us in a forum where they can't pretend we don't exist.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
That's the thing. We know there's no new plans. We're asking that you start making new plans. I know you're not in control of this Bat, but this goes out to the people above.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson, the thought that you are being honest with us about this is both comforting... and utterly crushing.

Bat Masterson, this is the exact same thing you have been saying for the past FOUR YEARS. Think about the gravity of that for a moment. For years of "Not right now, but it'll come later. Not right now, but it'll come later. Not right now, but it'll come later..."

I am not a fool. It has become clear to me that you will keep saying that until you kick Pirate101's bucket. This statement "we don't have an announcement of that kind planned" is outrageous. You have had FOUR. YEARS. And those four years have been WASTED while Wizard and Mobile get all the attention. I am heartbroken at this gross negligence of your own game.

We deserve enormous compensation. As in, as soon as you see this, we need Falmea to come down to our little hole and apologize for not throwing anything into it. We need a pledge that we will get the content we deserve. We need to see the bug fixes that could have been done in a week, but have been shoved of for years.

We need to see, above all else, ATTENTION.

I said I'd wait until the middle of July to see this happen. But I no longer have that kind of patience. I need to see something happen, RIGHT NOW.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I just watched the latest KI Live.

I am justified in saying what I'm about to say.

Kingsisle, I don't believe this. You LIED to us. Not a day ago, you said that KI Live would be "a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101." Look at the KI Live you just had. Was there any HINT of pirate101 gameplay in there, or even mention of it? Did you just break your promise for a thorough mixture?!

How dare you. You have been a company valued for your transparency and communication with your playerbase. Pirate101 is on the verge of its final death, and you aren't even talking about it! How DARE you?!?

Unless there is some separate KI livestream just for Pirate101 there that I didn't know about, Captain Avery himself had better stoop down and apologize to us this instant! Is this how our desperate PLEAS are being listened to?! You LIED!

I.. I can't go on... I'd better stop and rest...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson, I know this is not your fault. I know you've been trying your best to keep us happy in situations beyond your control. You are not at fault here.

Instead I would like to direct my inquiries directly to KI's executives. Why are you ignoring Pirate101, and treating Pirate101 like one of your short-lived mobile games (of which it is not)?

After the lack of attention from KI Live, I've had a chilling calm... I think I've lost hope.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
darkmoordude on May 11, 2020 wrote:
And now that I think about it, the ones you've mentioned aren't even all of them:

Valkoor and Witchdoctor Daruis haven't posted in 2 years, Chrissy's been absent since late 2018, Angel Angie, Kingme, Cdewinter, Mistydragon13, Rachael Dreamsong, Monkrinx2024, all gone. I'm sure they'll return sometime but it's still concerning.
It really tickles me that I'm remembered. I thought I'd faded away from marauder memory...

This thread is an extremely bitter reminder of why I've been so hesitant to come back. I almost didn't. Despite all the different things I feel about KI and Pirate101, I figured I'd take the summer to finish off leveling my last pirate. That was the one thing I'd always wanted to achieve here - have a max leveled pirate of each class.

Keeping up with KI on social media has shown time and time again that Pirate101 is just an afterthought to the devs. I'm very disappointed in how the game has been treated. The community can only do so much to keep it alive, and we're flagging. We've been flagging since, what, 2015? So many people have moved on, including myself for the most part, that it's highly likely I'll never talk to some of the friends I've made again. This game is/was our only link.

I've lost pretty much all the passion I had for making P101 fan content. That's about six years of writing, art, and creative growth that amounts to nothing now unless I make a herculean effort to repurpose and rewrite all of my characters for an original setting. I don't want to do that, though. I want to keep them faithful to their original selves and stories. It's like losing a part of myself to lay them to rest like this.

Not to mention Pirate101 is THE reason I'm studying game development. I want to make or help make something that impacts someone the way P101 impacted me. Watching the devs now simply ignore its existence really truly breaks my heart. I would have loved to try to get onto the team, to help bring this beautiful game to its full potential...but now that's just a complete fantasy because KI seems to be set on not taking P101 seriously anymore.

I'd love to believe that KI supports the Pirate101 community, but I'm simply not seeing it. They can claim it all they want, but until we see something concrete on whether or not P101 will be sustained and updated, we will continue to be unhappy and voice our opinions. I don't envy the forum moderators having to read all of these messages, and I'm thankful that KI is allowing us to be so frank on the official forums. I believe KI can do better, and I really hope to see it happen.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2013
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on May 29, 2020 wrote:
I just watched the latest KI Live.

I am justified in saying what I'm about to say.

Kingsisle, I don't believe this. You LIED to us. Not a day ago, you said that KI Live would be "a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101." Look at the KI Live you just had. Was there any HINT of pirate101 gameplay in there, or even mention of it? Did you just break your promise for a thorough mixture?!

How dare you. You have been a company valued for your transparency and communication with your playerbase. Pirate101 is on the verge of its final death, and you aren't even talking about it! How DARE you?!?

Unless there is some separate KI livestream just for Pirate101 there that I didn't know about, Captain Avery himself had better stoop down and apologize to us this instant! Is this how our desperate PLEAS are being listened to?! You LIED!

I.. I can't go on... I'd better stop and rest...
OK.

I apologize for the outburst. That was unfair for both me and you, and I am sorry if I sounded a little over the top.

However. The point still remains that there was no Pirate101 Gameplay in the May 2020 KI live, when earlier the exact same day you promised that the livestream would have both Wizard101 and Pirate101 gameplay in equal measure. I fail to understand how such a huge miscommunication could have taken place. I request an explanation for this, please and thank you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Eager Blaze Dodger on Jun 1, 2020 wrote:
Where is Blind Mew?
Writing for W101, of course. There he's the Curator. We no longer have even a partial team working on our content. Wizard101 has stolen ALL of them.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Eager Blaze Dodger on Jun 1, 2020 wrote:
Where is Blind Mew?
Too busy working on the new Wizard101 arc to give us the time of day.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2010
I recently started playing Pirate101 and I find it sad that there's a lot of neglect from what I understand. I wish more love and effort was put into this game. Wizards gets 3 updates a year with decent amount of content, while Pirates only seems to get one update a year with very little content, or at least not enough content to be worth waiting an entire year for an update.
I truly wish something could be done, but it seems out of our control unfortunately. I wish the devs or the higher ups would address this, whether in a monthly newsletter or something, anything at this point. If there's an issue in Wizards, it gets addressed, while here it doesn't seem to get that much attention.
I wish that something could be done about the game, I'd hate to see it go as soon as I just recently started playing, but if something can be done about this poor, dying game, I think I can speak for everyone that we would like some news about the future of this game, if there is one. Whether it be a new house, a new bundle, something, anything. From what I understand there's been three years since a decent content update, and I understand the frustration of everyone.

I would have to say though, thank you for giving everyone the right to voice their opinions! It really does mean a lot. I hope everyone means a lot to you guys at KI!

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
I know I rarely post on here, but I personally believe the game is dead completely.
Their showing NO love for this game and it's sad. I rarely see more than 5-6 people in Avery's court at a time, and I dont see many other people around in other area's as well.
I'm currently working on my Privateer. Once I have him done, I'll be finishing up my Musketeer then leaving the game for good.
I don't see an update in the years to come and it's truly heartbreaking.
I hope they can at least throw in a final world for satisfaction for the players still here. Hopefully Polaris, but that's in all of our dreams.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
It is now June.

Than means Kingsisle has only a month and a half left left to prove themselves to me.

We must have our responce from the Kingsisle management. Falmea, Ratbeard, Blind Mew, listen! You realize that this decision will affect your entire playerbase?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Jun 4, 2020 wrote:
It is now June.

Than means Kingsisle has only a month and a half left left to prove themselves to me.

We must have our responce from the Kingsisle management. Falmea, Ratbeard, Blind Mew, listen! You realize that this decision will affect your entire playerbase?
As much as I hate to say it, I think our words are falling on deaf ears. It's possible that we'll get a crumb of something in the fall update, if there even is one, but for now I think we have to make the most of what we have.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
MistyDragon13 on Jun 6, 2020 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, I think our words are falling on deaf ears. It's possible that we'll get a crumb of something in the fall update, if there even is one, but for now I think we have to make the most of what we have.
I refuse to do any such thing.

You know as well as I do that this not what is supposed to be happening. We have been promised on multiple occasions that this game will keep receiving regular updates. Those promises have been violated. You expect me to stand by and tolerate their, their lies? Nope.

Ratbeard, Falmea, if there is anything in you that cares about this game as you say, then come down and talk! What you are doing to us and our money may be borderlining on criminal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jun 8, 2020 wrote:
I refuse to do any such thing.

You know as well as I do that this not what is supposed to be happening. We have been promised on multiple occasions that this game will keep receiving regular updates. Those promises have been violated. You expect me to stand by and tolerate their, their lies? Nope.

Ratbeard, Falmea, if there is anything in you that cares about this game as you say, then come down and talk! What you are doing to us and our money may be borderlining on criminal.
Don't blame Ratbeard, he's just a developer; address Leah Ruben, Senior Producer of MMO content.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jun 11, 2020 wrote:
Don't blame Ratbeard, he's just a developer; address Leah Ruben, Senior Producer of MMO content.
True, but wasn't it Ratbeard who once promised to listen to our inquiries in the 'Ratbeard Q&A' thread, and then progressively ignored it? Still, you're right.

Professor Falmea, It doesn't bother me whether we get something big or just some long-needed fixes. What I need to see if you communicating with us. I am Lookit Light, a devoted fan of Kingsisle's MMO games. I have always enjoyed your communication with your playerbase. Why are you ignoring us now? You have said time and time again that you care about this game and those who play it.

What I want to hear from you is acknowledgement of our issue. If you so care about this game, why has it been ignored for almost four years? If you value communication with us, why have we had almost no contact from your team, apart from Bat Masterson dodging the topic? Explain this to us. Tell us why we are ignored. And give us a glimpse of Pirate101's future. We beg you to follow through on your promises.

I don't mean to sound demanding, and I don't mean to be threatening. But you have only two outcomes. Do this, and I and others shall forgive you and return to this game as if this never happened. But fail to do this, and your loyal ties shall finally be broken, your reputation among us irreparably damaged.

Time is almost out. A choice needs to be made.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
I have only kept my membership because I thought maybe that payment every month would be a good thing for Pirate101. Kind of like a donation every month to a cause, I was wanting to hope i was helping revive the game. But I feel extremely silly now after all these years, and I think its time I canceled this payment. All hope, excitement, and soul has left this game and its been gone for awhile now.

I was thinking last night before I went to sleep about pirate101's launch. I remember all the excitement and hype around the game. I realized that I will never ever get to have moments like that again and it really hit my heart. The nostalgia I have from this game is unmatched. There is something I cannot quite grasp though, and it has to do with how the game died in general. Usually when a customer is not happy with the content that is presented, the developers would notice and handle the problem accordingly in order to lose the least amount of players? So when the developers noticed that the game was not doing as well as they hoped, I would of expected them to want to put MORE energy into the game to spike up its interest! How is pure lack of communication and abandonment a better business practice for this game? This magnifies how truly sad the death of this game is! It is the neglect and abandonment type of treatment this game has been receiving for so long that just KILLS the population and relevancy all these years. It is so obvious that the only thing that could revive this game is some TLC from developers that actually have love for the game. How in the world do we get there? I have no idea because we have no communication on what Kingsisle's plans are for this game at ALL. So I guess this is why everybody is leaving. How long can you keep the lights on before nobody is left Bat Masterson?

Ensign
Mar 25, 2012
I honestly understand if the team wants to stop the storyline after Valencia Part 2, but even then, there are just certain aspects of the game that feel neglected.

With Valencia 2 largely feeling rushed despite being in development for three years and bugs such as the incorrect Calabria Skyway marker continuing to exist in the game, there are plot threats that are just left aside. Cadiz, seat of Kane's power - was that another name for the Machine or scrapped entirely? Even the Machine itself - the Queen reveal at the end which only really served to give us a hint of something that would never really come to the game, and the fact that the Machine being a skyway factor seemed to be cut without any explanation. (There were even Armada guards outside like every other skyway entrance in the game)

Just, the five level ending just felt underwhelming to me and I honestly would be fine with just replaying the game if it got QoL updates, but I do feel an expansion of Book 15 is needed, especially with the 15 levels that I believe were planned for it. Even Blind Mew spoke about the planned storyline with building a clockwork to oppose Kane, which it seems never came into fruition.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2008
Give me one singular world update and I will make sure no one complains for another 2 to 3 years (you may find you want to update it again sooner if you actually do it) please this entire community is on its knees begging you.

This game could be extremely profitable again if you just did one singular world update you'd have a massive resurgence in players like you've never even seen. I can pull people into the game with a world update. if content was added i could seriously pull people in but without it this game will remain stagnant.

this game has so much charm and so much to fall in love with so many lands to explore, so many characters to fall in love with, so many jokes to laugh at, and on top of all of it a satisfying and mentally rewarding experience. this game is also an amazing way to teach children about history, culture, and literature.

Here's all I need: one singular world update I don't even care if it just has one skyway. it doesn't even need to be a main world it could be something cool like a Madagascar side world. it would also give your dev team a much needed creative break from wiz. it could give you new ideas for how you want to shape the image of the spiral and build this beautiful universe even further.

you guys have made my childhood so amazing. the spiral has always been home since 2008. I love this universe and the stories it tells. please invest in this game so i may share this grand adventure one day with my own children rather than letting it just fade into the past.

also what happened to "blind mew has indeed been hard at work" masterson? (referring to a reply i got back in august of 2017)

Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
@Bat Masterson May you alert Prof. Falmea to come to these Message Boards? She really needs to be here, as a response from the Senior Producer of MMO Content is necessary.

Administrator
Hi all! I know it's been a little while since we last responded, so I wanted to jump in here again. The comments we made in our previous couple of Producer's Letters is where we are currently at:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

I wish I could give you news of an imminent new world, but as we stated in the September letter, we currently have no plans for anything as large as new book-style content.

As we continue to gather feedback and read these comments, I'll be sure to have our team chime in on updates both big and small when we have something to announce.

Meanwhile, there is indeed more players out in the Spiral and it's been fun interacting with all of them! In fact, our recent Nautical XP Party was a blast with several new Pirates at the helm. I want to run another one of these, but it depends on your interest. What can we do for community activities, and how can we help those you are coordinating?

Keep me updated when new community events kick off and we'll be sure to get the word out about them!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Hi all! I know it's been a little while since we last responded, so I wanted to jump in here again. The comments we made in our previous couple of Producer's Letters is where we are currently at:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

I wish I could give you news of an imminent new world, but as we stated in the September letter, we currently have no plans for anything as large as new book-style content.

As we continue to gather feedback and read these comments, I'll be sure to have our team chime in on updates both big and small when we have something to announce.

Meanwhile, there is indeed more players out in the Spiral and it's been fun interacting with all of them! In fact, our recent Nautical XP Party was a blast with several new Pirates at the helm. I want to run another one of these, but it depends on your interest. What can we do for community activities, and how can we help those you are coordinating?

Keep me updated when new community events kick off and we'll be sure to get the word out about them!
Thanks for the honest response, Bat. I am very disappointed that you are still at that stage, but it's an honest response nonetheless.

If you wish to interact with us more through community events, I would be delighted to provide some suggestions. As well as Nautical XP Parties, I would suggest other varieties of events, like, say...

Pet Sparring Events. I seem to remember that you once hosted this sort of thing. I remember in particular the SpiderFight Pet Sparring event that you had on... I think it was the August KI Live of 2018? It was a fun gathering, I even remember fighting you, Bat! I think performing this sort of thing would not only grab the attention of many players, but bring about interest in competitive Pet Sparring. I would probably hop in myself if this was held.

As much as I would like to leave it here, though, Pirate101 cannot be saved trough occasional community interaction. These developers, chiming in on their updates... that had better happen soon.