Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revive Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Lookit Light on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Thanks for the honest response, Bat. I am very disappointed that you are still at that stage, but it's an honest response nonetheless.

If you wish to interact with us more through community events, I would be delighted to provide some suggestions. As well as Nautical XP Parties, I would suggest other varieties of events, like, say...

Pet Sparring Events. I seem to remember that you once hosted this sort of thing. I remember in particular the SpiderFight Pet Sparring event that you had on... I think it was the August KI Live of 2018? It was a fun gathering, I even remember fighting you, Bat! I think performing this sort of thing would not only grab the attention of many players, but bring about interest in competitive Pet Sparring. I would probably hop in myself if this was held.

As much as I would like to leave it here, though, Pirate101 cannot be saved trough occasional community interaction. These developers, chiming in on their updates... that had better happen soon.
Happy to host other events. I can see how only doing Nautical XP Parties can be draining :).

Do you have links to other past announcements we can reference? I'll do more digging too.

Thanks!

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I'm relatively new to these forums, and i don't post often either. this post seems like a good place to say that I'm ending my membership. I'm a small player on these forums, but I'm sure there's many other people doing the same. I'll keep checking the forums to see if there will be any new content, and if there is any, I'll likely renew my membership. I honestly really hope this game gets a major update, with a new world like Polaris. Otherwise, I'm not going to renew my membership. I feel that there's no point in keeping my membership if Kingsisle are ignoring the game, and if people like Falmea aren't responding to posts like these.

I truly love this game, and its deeply saddening to see it being left to rot like this. I seriously hope it gets updated, and then I'll see the reason for my support. But until then, I'll watch the forums, and see if anything changes.

Bye for now.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Jun 18, 2020 wrote:
Happy to host other events. I can see how only doing Nautical XP Parties can be draining :).

Do you have links to other past announcements we can reference? I'll do more digging too.

Thanks!
I'm afraid I don't know much about that even aside from what I've already provided. I'm looking forward to community interaction, though.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
This was good! Saying you have nothing is better than saying nothing at all. It takes a great deal of courage to admit shortcomings.

We'll be ready when you are.

Keep on keeping on.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Bat Masterson on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Hi all! I know it's been a little while since we last responded, so I wanted to jump in here again. The comments we made in our previous couple of Producer's Letters is where we are currently at:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

I wish I could give you news of an imminent new world, but as we stated in the September letter, we currently have no plans for anything as large as new book-style content.

As we continue to gather feedback and read these comments, I'll be sure to have our team chime in on updates both big and small when we have something to announce.

Meanwhile, there is indeed more players out in the Spiral and it's been fun interacting with all of them! In fact, our recent Nautical XP Party was a blast with several new Pirates at the helm. I want to run another one of these, but it depends on your interest. What can we do for community activities, and how can we help those you are coordinating?

Keep me updated when new community events kick off and we'll be sure to get the word out about them!
Thanks for the honesty. Took 4 years for the poor CM's to be allowed to be honest. KI just be straight up with us. You have nothing to lose clearly to not just be upfront at this point. Everyone has sadly lost faith in it. Lucky Wiz got Ratbeard actually able to put resources into making their PVP great again and probably working on some other cool stuff. Miss the days where I felt there was a reason to come on and have a discussion with them and others in my favorite part of the game. Sadly even that community which still tries to run events, talk outside the game, etc just can't be any more self sufficient. It's sad that you guys scrapped so many projects. Really wish you'd dust them off and finish them just to give us something. I'm also surprised by how you never bothered to try to give us another new bundle. I'm sure the Empire Bundle still gets a purchase every now and then. I can't see how difficult it could be to toss us some old resources and powerful stuff together even if it's just plucked from Wizard at this point to give us something decently exciting while also able to have a reason to show we still want to monetarily support the game so you can find some excuse to give us content in the future.

I really. Really. Miss this game. Some ideas for ways to maybe gauge more players interest and give us something to do while you figure out something:

Companion code give aways. Final Bastion is running 2 events (PVP and PVE related) that give pack companions. This has shown great interest and if done on a large scale by you guys through give aways (raffles), KI streams, etc it would be an actual impactful thing that'll entice people to get involved.

Hatchathons. Make a really neat pet (actually useful talents, timewarp, grants rally and relentless, in its pool) then give it away so people new and veteran can get excited about a kick-starting pet. Cool way to introduce more loyal pets into the game for collectors and pet gurus?

Login rewards, login daily to get some gold, little bit of crowns, a mount, etc. Make a member benefit if you feel like it. Free permanent mounts even if they're reskinned or whatever are always welcomed from all players.

Hint-And-Seek give us a riddle or something to find and send a screenshot of it on a forum post, facebook, twitter and those who guessed it write get sent a prize.

What prizes people ACTUALLY WANT AND WOULD BE TRUE INCENTIVES (doing all these events are fine but with no real incentive they just get ignored):
Companions (packs)
Gear (Gear of the week, fort power items like Swashbuckler eyepatch, Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu, Dreadnaught weapons, etc)
Pets with good talent+power pools for beginners/veterans to kick start with (as stated above)
LOTS OF GOLD (we're pirates after all. I'm talking 100k)
PERMANENT MOUNTS (not temporary)

Overall there are tons of things you could do with little effort to implement and not implementing these or even considering it is a little farfetched and out dated considering what other games are doing.

At this point it really isn't on us to tell you what we want KI. You know. We definitely have voiced it plenty of times and more than just "new story content". Crafting would be cool, fishing even, new housing items??? Like even that hobby side of the game (while I'm not big on it, I know people enjoy it) hasnt had anything new. New bundle that is actually useful with a cool companion? ANY OF THE ALREADY IMPLEMENTED PROMOTIONS FOR COMPANIONS IN THE FILES (Not spoiling dont worry) LIKE YOU DID FOR SCRATCH! I mean if you honestly have no plans for a big story update in the near future or even a small one with like 5 level increase at least give us the promotions mostly if they already exist in the files like they currently do. I could go on all day. The point is, as much as I want this game to revive, or enjoy Wiz (and I have been wanting to play it again, probably will try again soon.) it doesn't make it any different you have failed as game publishers. I mean we're just asking for pennies at this point on here guys. If we went to any other game and asked for this and got it, people would majorly go on a rampage about how terrible of an update it'd be. But here we are asking for one new, actually relevant update, in 4 years and they still say "we have no plans for anything as large as new book-style (main story) content". Come on this is ridiculous and sad. Falmea, you should be disappointed in how you run this company after seeing this thread.

But regardless, here I am. You got me. I am on my hands and knees. Give us, something, relevant. Small like new gear or a companion, maybe a promotion. Crafting, fishing, bloody new housing items. Again. It's dumb I even have to say please, that'd excite me. Pirate isn't just neglected. It's ignored. It's trashed. And its left to pick up scraps. If Wiz is getting the better bread because they're the golden child. This is child abuse and I rest my case.

Hope that little rant doesn't remove the actual ideas I mentioned as I do think people would enjoy them and could keep us tight if run consistently until you decide what your plans are for Pirates going into the future.

Ensign
Sep 05, 2015
It pains me to see the neglect they have shown to pirate. I started out on wiz years ago but then went to pirate as well while i still play wiz every now and then I absolutely love pirate101 but there just isn't anything for the veterans to do. Of course for new players they will be able to play through the story on the class of their choosing but once they finish that's it and I'm afraid it will be a desolate wasteland by the time many new players decide to try it if any even want to anymore. Again I absolutely adore this game but Leah is the one we need to get in contact with. I feel bad for Bat if he gets any of the flak that should be directed towards Leah. I've never seen a game really truly die but I'm afraid pirate may be the first I see. I still have high hopes for this game, even if they just put a small dev team who truly care for this game that could make a world of difference and I hope they do but I don't see them doing that anytime soon if ever. KI you have let down so many who once loved this game and I hope you realize that soon and take action. I'm afraid if pirate does die this may be its final death. There might not be a chance to resurrect this once legendary game. Only time will tell and I hope they make the right choice to save it but I'm afraid it may already be too late.

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Jun 22, 2020 wrote:
Thanks for the honesty. Took 4 years for the poor CM's to be allowed to be honest. KI just be straight up with us. You have nothing to lose clearly to not just be upfront at this point. Everyone has sadly lost faith in it. Lucky Wiz got Ratbeard actually able to put resources into making their PVP great again and probably working on some other cool stuff. Miss the days where I felt there was a reason to come on and have a discussion with them and others in my favorite part of the game. Sadly even that community which still tries to run events, talk outside the game, etc just can't be any more self sufficient. It's sad that you guys scrapped so many projects. Really wish you'd dust them off and finish them just to give us something. I'm also surprised by how you never bothered to try to give us another new bundle. I'm sure the Empire Bundle still gets a purchase every now and then. I can't see how difficult it could be to toss us some old resources and powerful stuff together even if it's just plucked from Wizard at this point to give us something decently exciting while also able to have a reason to show we still want to monetarily support the game so you can find some excuse to give us content in the future.

I really. Really. Miss this game. Some ideas for ways to maybe gauge more players interest and give us something to do while you figure out something:

Companion code give aways. Final Bastion is running 2 events (PVP and PVE related) that give pack companions. This has shown great interest and if done on a large scale by you guys through give aways (raffles), KI streams, etc it would be an actual impactful thing that'll entice people to get involved.

Hatchathons. Make a really neat pet (actually useful talents, timewarp, grants rally and relentless, in its pool) then give it away so people new and veteran can get excited about a kick-starting pet. Cool way to introduce more loyal pets into the game for collectors and pet gurus?

Login rewards, login daily to get some gold, little bit of crowns, a mount, etc. Make a member benefit if you feel like it. Free permanent mounts even if they're reskinned or whatever are always welcomed from all players.

Hint-And-Seek give us a riddle or something to find and send a screenshot of it on a forum post, facebook, twitter and those who guessed it write get sent a prize.

What prizes people ACTUALLY WANT AND WOULD BE TRUE INCENTIVES (doing all these events are fine but with no real incentive they just get ignored):
Companions (packs)
Gear (Gear of the week, fort power items like Swashbuckler eyepatch, Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu, Dreadnaught weapons, etc)
Pets with good talent+power pools for beginners/veterans to kick start with (as stated above)
LOTS OF GOLD (we're pirates after all. I'm talking 100k)
PERMANENT MOUNTS (not temporary)

Overall there are tons of things you could do with little effort to implement and not implementing these or even considering it is a little farfetched and out dated considering what other games are doing.

At this point it really isn't on us to tell you what we want KI. You know. We definitely have voiced it plenty of times and more than just "new story content". Crafting would be cool, fishing even, new housing items??? Like even that hobby side of the game (while I'm not big on it, I know people enjoy it) hasnt had anything new. New bundle that is actually useful with a cool companion? ANY OF THE ALREADY IMPLEMENTED PROMOTIONS FOR COMPANIONS IN THE FILES (Not spoiling dont worry) LIKE YOU DID FOR SCRATCH! I mean if you honestly have no plans for a big story update in the near future or even a small one with like 5 level increase at least give us the promotions mostly if they already exist in the files like they currently do. I could go on all day. The point is, as much as I want this game to revive, or enjoy Wiz (and I have been wanting to play it again, probably will try again soon.) it doesn't make it any different you have failed as game publishers. I mean we're just asking for pennies at this point on here guys. If we went to any other game and asked for this and got it, people would majorly go on a rampage about how terrible of an update it'd be. But here we are asking for one new, actually relevant update, in 4 years and they still say "we have no plans for anything as large as new book-style (main story) content". Come on this is ridiculous and sad. Falmea, you should be disappointed in how you run this company after seeing this thread.

But regardless, here I am. You got me. I am on my hands and knees. Give us, something, relevant. Small like new gear or a companion, maybe a promotion. Crafting, fishing, bloody new housing items. Again. It's dumb I even have to say please, that'd excite me. Pirate isn't just neglected. It's ignored. It's trashed. And its left to pick up scraps. If Wiz is getting the better bread because they're the golden child. This is child abuse and I rest my case.

Hope that little rant doesn't remove the actual ideas I mentioned as I do think people would enjoy them and could keep us tight if run consistently until you decide what your plans are for Pirates going into the future.
Out of what you said, the thing that really sticks out to me is about Wizard101 being the golden child and getting the bread while Pirate101 is stuck with the scraps. It's kind of hard to compare Wiz and Pirate because their gameplay is very different which I understand makes Pirate the harder game to develop, I really do.

But in terms of side content, hobbies, and even the story itself, Wizard101 has gotten the better end of the deal. Wiz has had THREE arcs, the first one being the only one without an open ended conclusion while the other 2 arcs have had segues for the continuing arc. I am hearing rumors that Kingsisle is working on Arc 4 which means that there are clearly still creative, hardworking developers making content.

But why can't any of these people be given to Pirate? Wizard101 is pretty much twice as large as Pirate in terms of content since it has 16 worlds, gardening, crafting, fishing, etc while Pirate only has like 7.5 worlds (Monquista and both Valencias being very short), pets and farmable dungeons. You guys literally just did a massive update to change all the character models and higher level spells when honestly I think you should have focused on Pirate itself.

We have had to wait 4 years for an update on Pirate, we could have waited a little longer for Glowbugs to no longer be overpowered.

The community has so many ideas for possible worlds and I bet it takes longer to make them since Pirate has things like the different skyways and the stormgates, but the reward will be so great. Wiz can survive at least a year without any kind of story update so it's not like you'll lose money there.

Honestly I'm not sure about the financial or coding side of making a game so I'll do my research there, but I can for sure say that there will never be a lack of creativity in making these two games.

Please Kingsisle, show Pirate the same amount of love as Wiz. It could be just as popular if you guys gave it the same level of love. You might as well shut it down if you don't because pretty soon no one will play it anymore and that would be a terrible shame.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sorcerwitch123 on Jul 29, 2020 wrote:
Out of what you said, the thing that really sticks out to me is about Wizard101 being the golden child and getting the bread while Pirate101 is stuck with the scraps. It's kind of hard to compare Wiz and Pirate because their gameplay is very different which I understand makes Pirate the harder game to develop, I really do.

But in terms of side content, hobbies, and even the story itself, Wizard101 has gotten the better end of the deal. Wiz has had THREE arcs, the first one being the only one without an open ended conclusion while the other 2 arcs have had segues for the continuing arc. I am hearing rumors that Kingsisle is working on Arc 4 which means that there are clearly still creative, hardworking developers making content.

But why can't any of these people be given to Pirate? Wizard101 is pretty much twice as large as Pirate in terms of content since it has 16 worlds, gardening, crafting, fishing, etc while Pirate only has like 7.5 worlds (Monquista and both Valencias being very short), pets and farmable dungeons. You guys literally just did a massive update to change all the character models and higher level spells when honestly I think you should have focused on Pirate itself.

We have had to wait 4 years for an update on Pirate, we could have waited a little longer for Glowbugs to no longer be overpowered.

The community has so many ideas for possible worlds and I bet it takes longer to make them since Pirate has things like the different skyways and the stormgates, but the reward will be so great. Wiz can survive at least a year without any kind of story update so it's not like you'll lose money there.

Honestly I'm not sure about the financial or coding side of making a game so I'll do my research there, but I can for sure say that there will never be a lack of creativity in making these two games.

Please Kingsisle, show Pirate the same amount of love as Wiz. It could be just as popular if you guys gave it the same level of love. You might as well shut it down if you don't because pretty soon no one will play it anymore and that would be a terrible shame.
All true -- If the senior management of Kingsisle had any desire whatsoever to update and keep Pirate101 sailing, they could do it.

Wizard101 could and will certainly survive.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
I agree with everyone here in regards to how sad I am to see pirate spiral down the wrong path (no pun intended).

I am one of those players that buy "arcade bundles" that bought the "Empire Bundle" and decked out my house with as much Aquilla stuff as i could find; I even bought the captain's quarters so i could have a mini house inside my ship though I didn't buy the one with scrips because I felt the scrip mechanics were too difficult at the time. I love my privateer and want to come back to Pirate; but why come back and pay for a monthly fee if all I am doing lately is Moo Manchu for the badge and the "Shadow Companions" those fights do not measure up to the "gear" that we have, I am extremely disappointed that the gateway to polaris is still closed via valencia but I am more focused that yes they "Delayed" the book content.

This grid based battle system that we have is bringing those of us who crave "nostalgia" from back in the shining force/Traysia/SRPG Genesis days. I want to see us move in the right direction and not backwards, sure i lost my ninja pig companion from the mailed "code" we got from beta but in honesty, Pirate should be more successful in all aspects. While I am not a streamer; i can say for certain I would "consider" streaming if the game expands more and gives us what we waited over 8 years for now.

Is there ANYTHING that you guys can do to try to bridge the two games in a way at the very least and give our wizards that "pirate feel"... You gave wizard the coo coo clock bundle, the fight in Valencia ... however I would love to see Pirate get some love perhaps give us the B.O.X. events where we can see how the skyways developed rather than eldorado; still use that map but if your going to expand maybe its best our pirates go back in time and help gain new companions to fight the battles. Perhaps stopping Kane's creation to begin with and let the Queen take over the spiral ... I am slowly drained of ideas as I write because I feel depressed thinking that a game that actually encourages you to think is going down the drain like this...
Its unfortunate and while i am a yearly Wizard player; I want to play pirate too; why give up the fight now...

Ensign
Aug 04, 2019
Devs, if you truly care about your pirate players you would do well to heed the call: Pirate101 needs new story/worlds. I give KI hundreds of my money and thousands of my hours on pirate(not wiz). Am I wasting my resources at this point?
- Angel Crew(loyal supporter of p101)

Ensign
Apr 22, 2016
Okay so.. I don’t usually post much, but like many other people here I am ending my Pirate101 membership. As much as I love the game and how it started out strong KI cannot handle enough updates to manage 2 major games. It’s really hard to keep two huge communities content. Let’s put it like this.. You have 2 plants. One is dead, it represents Pirate101. One is healthy and thriving, it represents Wizard101. You cannot take care of both plants. You can only choose one. Are you going to keep the dead wilted plant? Or the healthy thriving plant? KI has been given a lot of pressure on this topic and they know it. The Pirate101 community is dying, the game is dying. They can’t keep going like this forever. They need to make a decision. Either continue ignoring Pirate101 or start giving it some new story line updates.

I know we all love this game and we have made so many memories on it... I just hope our cries and pleas will be heard by KI. We have been surviving off of false hope all this time. But somewhere I’m sure there is hope for us. An update waiting to surprise us around the corner. We have to hang on just a little longer.

From your concerned pirate friend, Keira

Ensign
Apr 22, 2016
Reading all of the posts here is more than enough to make me want to cry. I like to play Wizard101 just fine, but I started out playing Pirate101 first. We all have so many memories here and we have made so many friends along the way. From what I have read it seems most of you have left or are leaving. With less and less people there’s nobody here anymore. I remember when Avery’s court was full of pirates, when pet pvp was still a thing, when there where new players sailing across the skyway for the first time. I remember sitting with my grandpa playing for hours, getting crowns for my birthday or Christmas, I remember Lord Boomer. A Darkling Duck pet. He was my favorite . This.. this is not the KingsIsle I remember. No, The KI I remember was a company with the most amazing games, they cared that their players where happy! Now we are left in the dust, forgotten, left to rot away. Apparently from what you guys have been saying Falmea is the one to blame. I do feel sorry for you Bat for being stuck in the middle of all of this. Everything we ask is beyond your power. I am getting deeply concerned for this game. I’ve never seen a game die, but I believe that’s what’s happening right before our eyes. I have so many things I want to say but I’m scared to say it. I am worried for what will happen to Pirate101. Sadly with the lack of response and care from KI I’m sure we all know what will happen. But we cannot just be l left behind. We will be remembered. We will be noticed. That’s what I have been hoping this whole time, but it hasn’t come yet. Sure Wizard101 is thriving KI is making money. I just feel everyone will think I’m crazy for saying this.. Well here I go. But I just know this isn’t the KI that I remember, I just know there’s a way we will get back to how’re started out.. strong. Falmea, I know you and the rest of KI won’t read this but im not going to give up on this game. I know there is something, some glimmer of hope that you will see us, that you will heal this game, and bring us back. As mentioned by other posts here many known players have left and are leaving.

I am so very sorry that I got sort of passive-aggressive. I hate to speak so rudely to KI, but it’s the truth. I left for awhile and expected to come back with everything thriving. I was shocked to see it got worse. This is a game I love. This, is a game I will fight for.

Ensign
Jul 30, 2011
Greetings everyone, I've been here the whole ride just in the backgrounds though. I really hope something soon happens for the future of this dying game & community. Fight on!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
guy282 on Sep 26, 2020 wrote:
Greetings everyone, I've been here the whole ride just in the backgrounds though. I really hope something soon happens for the future of this dying game & community. Fight on!
Bless you for your optimism, and for bumping this thread. Fewer and fewer players are able to post on these boards, so when we are able to, we need to keep the tiny flame of hope alive on the hearth.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I knew the game was dying but I never expected to see these forums so...dead.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
darkmoordude on Oct 5, 2020 wrote:
Those of us who had memberships have let them expire, and there really hasn't been anything to buy Crowns for lately, so... this is my main wizard account, where I've been spending Crowns and needed a refill. That is why I can post for a bit.

The boards are dying (being killed off) because of social media. The posts here only get updated once per day Monday through Friday, and the new staff (and @Ratbeard) prefer the immediacy of social media. Spending time here with us old salts is like actually writing a letter and putting a stamp on it - so last century. Like everything else about Pirate101, decay increases more and more over time.

Ensign
Jan 11, 2013
darkmoordude on Oct 5, 2020 wrote:
Yeah, it's quite strange to see, especially remembering the days of the VA II release and even mega threads like "What's Cooking at the Taverns?", etc. Good times

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Bat Masterson on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Hi all! I know it's been a little while since we last responded, so I wanted to jump in here again. The comments we made in our previous couple of Producer's Letters is where we are currently at:
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter

I wish I could give you news of an imminent new world, but as we stated in the September letter, we currently have no plans for anything as large as new book-style content.

As we continue to gather feedback and read these comments, I'll be sure to have our team chime in on updates both big and small when we have something to announce.

Meanwhile, there is indeed more players out in the Spiral and it's been fun interacting with all of them! In fact, our recent Nautical XP Party was a blast with several new Pirates at the helm. I want to run another one of these, but it depends on your interest. What can we do for community activities, and how can we help those you are coordinating?

Keep me updated when new community events kick off and we'll be sure to get the word out about them!
KI im sorry but I feel so let down I play this game for three hours or more every day however every single day I see the small number of books I say what does El dorado look like or where are my parents graves I just feel so much like a frog with no water where is the content I love enjoying!

P.S. I am terribly sorry to say this but I am kinda bored of re-doing dungeons every single day add an El Dorado Increase cap level. For example, add a level 100 golden eldorado guard in a planet dedicated to the story that is so important to be mentioned from level 15 to 70!

Daft Errol Cormac 64

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
A quick return to these message boards confirms my worries. KI has made no attempt to revive this game. There is no update and no attempt to interact with the community anymore, despite our desperate attempts to do so.

I am so very... disappointed...

Ensign
Jun 11, 2018
Thank you for pointing this out, you most likely won't get noticed but this was worth a shot. The devs don't realize the game could come back so easily if they gave us a story line update, ESPECIALLY an El Dorado update. Everyone has been asking for the El Dorado update for about 6 years I think. Wizard is just not comparable in excitement for me. Wizard makes money but it isn't nearly as fun. I also think Kingsisle needs to put some of there Wizard101 money into maybe ads for Pirate with a story update. So basically all Kingsisle needs to do is update the story with another world or two with a lot of quests and then launch some ads with some of there Wizard101 money so they can get the word out about the update causing players to come back. The amount of players is just sad comparing to the amount of players I saw online a few years ago. Back then I could always find people to do a dungeon with me but now it takes about 30 minutes or more to find just 1 player.

Kingsisle if you are somehow reading this, please take this in and consider some of these ideas. The reason pirate got so many members during launch was because of ads and curious 6-10 year olds who like pirates and superheroes. I remember seeing the ad for the first time and BEGGING my mom to let me use her computer to play the game, and she let me and I was SO excited. When I got in I was so happy and excited because of the action.

Now is the time to act with Covid but your time period has ended since the vaccine was just made and is being handed out. El Dorado is the key to reviving pirate. The game is well developed and took a lot of time to make I can tell. With all the worlds and sky ways and islands and enemies and ships. It would be a huge money maker if Kingsisle would just update the game again.

Another way Kingsisle could get members would be to advertise it in Wizard if it isn't being advertised already. I haven't played wizard in about 2 years so I don't know.

I don't know if Kingsisle's problem is money and not being able to pay there Devs enough but if it is I would say just get Wizard devs to split there work with Pirate and Wizard updating them the same amount like before. Or you could just have a private team of some of Wizard's developers to work on pirate.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Fellas game's dead. No updates are ever gonna happen.

Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Dec 18, 2020 wrote:
Fellas game's dead. No updates are ever gonna happen.

Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.
NO! I have not yet given up hope.

Ensign
Aug 10, 2015
I mean, I just don't think Kingsisle cares about Pirate101 as a property anymore. I haven't seen it heavily advertised and it almost feels like they try to hide it. The worst part is that Pirate101 has better gameplay mechanics and more overall potential, since it allows you to REALLY explore this amazing world they've set up. I heard they laid off a bunch of developers in 2016, so they're already flying pretty low. I feel bad for anyone working on Pirate101, trying to keep it afloat while Kingsisle turns a blind eye. I don't even need new story, I just want more WORLD to explore! You can't make a pirate game and not let me go wild D:<

Loyal Max Silver

Ensign
May 23, 2014
Gotta say, Kingsisle has been in my life for over a decade now and I am severely disappointed in how neglected they made Pirate101. First they deprive their fans of content, but then they substitute it with only new mounts, bosses, and accessories??? Come on this is just sad. Also, it was a new low for me this year to realize they do the same twelve days of spiral gifts every year...like almost identical. For a team to stoop so low to not even give their blood loyal fans gifts they deserve like a free pack companion or free mount or house is so crude. Thanks for the 250 crowns that got me more pet mazes and another lucky rabbits foot...jk I wasn't so lucky. This is seriously sad. How can a company look at a game like this and just ignore it. I can't understand.

Please Kingisle, we would explode all the server realms if you dropped the other half of the story arc and a new one. IT'S BEEN YEARS! I'M AT THE POINT OF COLLECTING BADGES! I SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO GET CLOSE TO 100% AN MMORPG! I'M LIKE 85+% COMPLETE WITH EVERYTHING!

I rest my case.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Law of diminishing returns, give it a google my esteemed pirates