Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doubloons - A issue in unranked PvP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
In Ranked PvP, Doubloons are not a problem, (since they aren't allowed) but in Spar Chamber (Unranked Pvp) doubloons are on. I have many friends who feel like doubloons should be turn off since it "ruins" PvP for them. They say this since people who are 12 or under can't see the people with text chat are saying. So if someone says "Please no doubloons" the menu chatter can't see that message, so they say how it's annoying when someone spams mark of aquilas and such.

So I think to fix doubloons with Unranked PvP is this; before the battle, there should be a little message saying "Would you like doubloons on or off?" and if the majority say yes, then doubloons go on and if the majority say no, then doubloons will be off. Now if they're are lets say 8 people and if the yes no decision is split, (4 for yes, and 4 for no) I think there should be a 50/50 chance then of having the doubloons on or off.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea or not!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
In Ranked PvP, Doubloons are not a problem, (since they aren't allowed) but in Spar Chamber (Unranked Pvp) doubloons are on. I have many friends who feel like doubloons should be turn off since it "ruins" PvP for them. They say this since people who are 12 or under can't see the people with text chat are saying. So if someone says "Please no doubloons" the menu chatter can't see that message, so they say how it's annoying when someone spams mark of aquilas and such.

So I think to fix doubloons with Unranked PvP is this; before the battle, there should be a little message saying "Would you like doubloons on or off?" and if the majority say yes, then doubloons go on and if the majority say no, then doubloons will be off. Now if they're are lets say 8 people and if the yes no decision is split, (4 for yes, and 4 for no) I think there should be a 50/50 chance then of having the doubloons on or off.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea or not!
Or, alternatively, add the phrase "No Doubloons in this Match, Please" to menu chat.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
That's true, but here is the thing, lots of people/pirates don't listen. There are many trolls also who say they won't use them but still do, I feel like it'll be better if it just a yes or no command on having them on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HopefulXavierKent on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
That's true, but here is the thing, lots of people/pirates don't listen. There are many trolls also who say they won't use them but still do, I feel like it'll be better if it just a yes or no command on having them on.
KI isn't there to babysit people's behavior. ( other than keeping the game safe & family friendly ) Either don't pvp with them or go to your house or a friend's house and do your pvp there. Even go to a quiet server and just let your friends know where you are. You don't have to be in realm Avery to pvp.
There would be twice the complaints if KI implemented a doubloons on/off setting.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
KI isn't there to babysit people's behavior. ( other than keeping the game safe & family friendly ) Either don't pvp with them or go to your house or a friend's house and do your pvp there. Even go to a quiet server and just let your friends know where you are. You don't have to be in realm Avery to pvp.
There would be twice the complaints if KI implemented a doubloons on/off setting.
Could you post a few examples of the complaints you envision Ki getting if this idea was implemented?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 8, 2018 wrote:
Could you post a few examples of the complaints you envision Ki getting if this idea was implemented?
"I don't want to use doubloons in the Spar Chamber, but everyone is forcing me to do it" or "I want to use doubloons in unranked matches but everyone has turned their's off."

That alone removes choice from a player, doesn't KI let us have choices?
Post Edit: Yes, even the choice to be trolls.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
nothing should be done with doubloons in unrank PVP. they should be left alone. the way i see it we get these choices:

choosing to be in pvp match to begin with
choosing if and when to use doubloons
choosing to flee should someone use a doubloon when you did not want them to.

that's three choices right there.

and while yes some people do set up tournaments with the major rule being no doubloons (with no scratch a close second) at which case participants must agree to no doubloons since if they choose to join then it is up to the host to choose wether to let them join. and should the participant violate a tournament "rule" (not an actual rule but a guideline) then the host can choose to disqualify them or not. so now matter how you spin a pvp there is always a choice. no one is forcing you to do anything.