Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A few bugs I have noticed

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2009
Hello, with the release of the update I have noticed a few bugs:

A. After defeating Old Scratch for his promotion quest the goal does not display as "Talk to Old Scratch in Any Tavern Cellar". Instead something else pops up, unfortunately I can't remember what it says.

B. The skeleton Brass Monkey fight is completely shrouded in darkness, meaning that while the enemies are visible the rest of the area is in darkness meaning we cannot see the background.

C. The pop up notification for Old Scratch's quest does not initially show up, instead you have to go to a tavern cellar to get that pop up.

D. Even though it was confirmed during test realm that level 25 gear was removed from the skeleton key bosses they are still dropping level 25 gear and unfortunately not enough higher level gear.

E. During the Old Scratch fight the unit move lines show up white, instead of multi-color based on which player takes there turn.

F. The obsidian door is not solid, so players can just go right through it.

Finally this is not a bug but more of a suggestion, can the sewer area you enter after going through the obsidian door be brightened up a little bit?

I hope this bug list has proven useful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Line Mountain on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:

A. After defeating Old Scratch for his promotion quest the goal does not display as "Talk to Old Scratch in Any Tavern Cellar". Instead something else pops up, unfortunately I can't remember what it says.

B. The skeleton Brass Monkey fight is completely shrouded in darkness, meaning that while the enemies are visible the rest of the area is in darkness meaning we cannot see the background.

C. The pop up notification for Old Scratch's quest does not initially show up, instead you have to go to a tavern cellar to get that pop up.

D. Even though it was confirmed during test realm that level 25 gear was removed from the skeleton key bosses they are still dropping level 25 gear and unfortunately not enough higher level gear.

E. During the Old Scratch fight the unit move lines show up white, instead of multi-color based on which player takes there turn.

Finally this is not a bug but more of a suggestion, can the sewer area you enter after going through the obsidian door be brightened up a little bit?

G. For 2 rounds after Nightmare Old Scratch is defeated, he still summons the dead to aid him.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Line Mountain on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:

Do the words, "QuestGoals_TalkUnit Old Scratch" ring a bell? I saw these words, too. These kind of words should normally be reserved for internal development versions before changing them to the proper finalized words for live versions. This kinda problem has been seen in particular quests, too. May need to bring them up later.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 14, 2018 wrote:
G. For 2 rounds after Nightmare Old Scratch is defeated, he still summons the dead to aid him.
Yeah. Summoning enemies after defeating cheating bosses shouldn't happen.