Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dream Mechanics?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
Yes, you heard me. "Dream" mechanics. I had a dream, but it seems more or less like a vision playing in motion. I might sound crazy, but the vision was about Pirate101, and some odd mechanics it introduced to me. First, I'll tell you about my dream, and then I'll introduced some mechanics possibly beneficial for Witchdoctors in PvP or PvE.

Dream: My view of the dream was in-game, and it would move around like the camera during battles. It was a witchdoctor mirror match (assuming this was the Ranked PvP/Housing arena), and they were PvPing in a Marleybone-ish, Poultergeist/Ghostly Area. It seemed like a haunted castle, as a matter of fact. During the battle, there were 2 interesting mechanics I could vividly remember. These two mechanics are listed below:
  • Corruption (Passive Epic Talent). During the battle, the words "Corruption -30" would appear like Elusive and Turn the Tide, the only difference is that it appeared over a team. I searched the "corruption" mechanic on Reddit, being mainly used in TableTop Role Playing Games (TTRPG), and this is how they use it: "Corruption...you gain mutations, which range from benign, to harmful, and even beneficial buffs." This mechanic can help witches, acting as a passive ability that allows them to gain beneficial mutations when their hoodoo overtakes them, but cannot be overpowered due to harmful mutations. The numerical values (-30) can represent the chance of the caster taking on harmful/benign mutations vs. beneficial mutations. These mutations can last an upwards of 1-4 rounds depending on the type, rarity, and usefulness.
  • Kry of Kthulhu (Power). The caster of this spell had to either be the pirate or Old Scratch. The power was absurd and dark. A portal appears over the heads of a team, like a privy buff. A tentacle is sticking out of the portal. Now, I'm not exactly sure what the power did, but when I researched Corruption, so happenedly Kthulhu (a monster with tentacles) was also mentioned in the Reddit post! A revelation, no? So, I've formulated some ideas on what this power should do. It could summon tentacles (6-9), a multi round power requires certain conditions, that will summon Kthulhu once these conditions are met. It could just be a power that induces mayhem on the battleboard. Who knows? It's best if these powers were released with the supposed "ascension" of classes. Maybe when Darkmoor or Krokotopia hits (Krokotopia will have to come later than Darkmoor, assuming worlds are ordered by relevance in storyline).

Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
Ah, oops. Yes, there is a duplicate thread. I thought the other one didn't go through due to latency issues.

Administrator
RobotPirate30 on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Ah, oops. Yes, there is a duplicate thread. I thought the other one didn't go through due to latency issues.
No worries! I've removed the other one.