Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Struggling with Cool Ranch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Right now I'm a level 23 (very close to leveling) swashbuckler in Cool Ranch, I'm currently on the quest that big owl sends you on to defeat the queen hornet and collect beads from black storm raiders. Since I left Santa Pollo all of my companions seem to knock out and then its me left on little health and my pet is the only thing getting me through. I've done Cool Ranch before on a swash and I was fine as I usually prefer to play on my own, but this time around I've started to struggle and I don't know why. The companions I'm using are lvl 22 bonnie anne, lvl 22 subodai and lvl 21 sarah steele, are my companions the problem or should I go and do some sidequests to get my level up?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
miarcse on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
Right now I'm a level 23 (very close to leveling) swashbuckler in Cool Ranch, I'm currently on the quest that big owl sends you on to defeat the queen hornet and collect beads from black storm raiders. Since I left Santa Pollo all of my companions seem to knock out and then its me left on little health and my pet is the only thing getting me through. I've done Cool Ranch before on a swash and I was fine as I usually prefer to play on my own, but this time around I've started to struggle and I don't know why. The companions I'm using are lvl 22 bonnie anne, lvl 22 subodai and lvl 21 sarah steele, are my companions the problem or should I go and do some sidequests to get my level up?
What exactly is causing your problems? Is it your gear or how you've trained this buckler? What about your companions? I really recommend that players don't use an "In Order" roster, depending on a set team and set strategy can often fail you.
If you have side quests, then doing them for the experience ( & gold to level up companions ) is always a good thing to do.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
miarcse on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
It sounds like you are pretty early in the first half of Cool Ranch, and are finding that melee creatures there are hitting you harder. I always advocate for trying new team combinations with your companions to find what works better than your current group. Are you using doubloons? Chances are you haven't collected many if you have soloed most of the way there. Also, is your pet being helpful?

For the Black Storm Raiders, I usually just defeat them by sinking their ships. For the Striped Bumbaloons, you just have to keep trying until you find a team set up that gets lucky. What about Ratbeard rather than Sarah?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I feel for you. I'm a level 23 too, and I'm struggling so much...
Fair Taryn Lewis

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Yes, if you're having trouble I would say to do some of the side quests. The reason I say this is because there's a decently high level spike in cool ranch ( as in some characters I've had where I do each side quest possible and still have an even or lower level then cool ranch people.)