Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My review upon the game

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Pirate101 is really a good game but it lacks end game content that would hold players to keep playing it with the same characters which results in one's friends list being constantly emptied of pirates as friends still playing. The game also feels as though it does not get KingsIsle support as in most players seem to believe KingsIsle does not care about the game.

Pumping new player life into the game is however very simple as all KingsIsle ever needs to do is give free membership to the game along with one's Wizard101 membership. The problem there is KingsIsle never seems to want to market Pirate101 to its Wizard101 members and is too cheap to give brief free membership to anybody despite the company most likely making a lot more actual money off of equipment and bundles sales. I like to laugh that KingsIsle greed costs them a ton of money they otherwise really ought to be making.

It is my belief that if guild PvP content were added to the game it would take on a whole new life as no matter how great Wizard101 may be it still is hurt the same way Pirate101 is with both lacking end game play. Why not try to make end game play on Pirate101 and if it goes well then introduce it over to Wizard101?

Both Wizard101 and Pirate101 are aging games, so I believe its time to start introducing end game play to both of them, and it just makes more sense to test such play out on Pirate101 before brining it over to the larger Wizard101 game.

It should also be pointed out that PvP scrips reward items are incredibly bad in Pirate101. It makes it extremely hard to want to play ranked PvP when there is absolutely nothing worth getting with scrips other than perhaps the permanent ape mounts. As such it would be nice if Pirate101 made an entire catalog of scrips items that one could get and actually have quite a few of them actually worth getting and using.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If we had those side activities that W101 has, then the end game player base would have something to do and a reason to play ( & pay for it).
I don't see a benefit of giving W101 players completely free access to this game. P101 would then lose whatever revenue from these players ( and I suspect that there isn't that many players who play both games ). True that they ought to push this game more, but just not to only wizards, but the gaming community as well, by advertising.
We do need more scrip rewards, not only in the Brawlin' Hall, but also the Black Market.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Aug 26, 2019 wrote:
If we had those side activities that W101 has, then the end game player base would have something to do and a reason to play ( & pay for it).
I don't see a benefit of giving W101 players completely free access to this game. P101 would then lose whatever revenue from these players ( and I suspect that there isn't that many players who play both games ). True that they ought to push this game more, but just not to only wizards, but the gaming community as well, by advertising.
We do need more scrip rewards, not only in the Brawlin' Hall, but also the Black Market.
We need stuff worth spending scrip on. Scrip prices are also insanely high for some stuff. Free access to pirate101 on membership promotion deals isn't going to harm anyone. People aren't apt to join this game much on the family discount, but they sure would likely step in to play if there were promotions that gave duel membership to both games for a month at normal price for one game. If people buy stuff with crowns or package sets then KingsIsle makes money on the deal.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Takhethis on Aug 29, 2019 wrote:
We need stuff worth spending scrip on. Scrip prices are also insanely high for some stuff. Free access to pirate101 on membership promotion deals isn't going to harm anyone. People aren't apt to join this game much on the family discount, but they sure would likely step in to play if there were promotions that gave duel membership to both games for a month at normal price for one game. If people buy stuff with crowns or package sets then KingsIsle makes money on the deal.
Pirate101 is NOT that value-less that it should be given away for nothing.