Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A new pack?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
chiliman05 on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
If you are, that's great, but personally the pack feels rushed.
It is a bit rushed, but I personally am very happy about the pack and the math does not add up to 90% broken as previously stated by Anecorbie.

Five companions: ten percent each? that adds up to fifty percent: 3 gear sets are, let's say, 5 percent each, equals fifteen percent plus fifty is 65% of the pack, then there's the five weapons (1 percent each, let's say) that 70% percent total.

And then housing items. I received a fair few and none of them are glitched. I don't remember them exactly, because I haven't played in a bit.

So, according to you, everything is broken? But if we add up the stuff you claim is broken (in hypothetical numbers, of course, this is my math I could be wrong, math was never my strong subject) it's only 70% total.

You can do your math, and see if it adds up the same.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Nov 3, 2019 wrote:
It is a bit rushed, but I personally am very happy about the pack and the math does not add up to 90% broken as previously stated by Anecorbie.

Five companions: ten percent each? that adds up to fifty percent: 3 gear sets are, let's say, 5 percent each, equals fifteen percent plus fifty is 65% of the pack, then there's the five weapons (1 percent each, let's say) that 70% percent total.

And then housing items. I received a fair few and none of them are glitched. I don't remember them exactly, because I haven't played in a bit.

So, according to you, everything is broken? But if we add up the stuff you claim is broken (in hypothetical numbers, of course, this is my math I could be wrong, math was never my strong subject) it's only 70% total.

Well, 70% is still a high number....

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

I have found that the items do disappear from your house and sometimes your backpack. So yeah, 90 percent.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

So yeah, 90 percent seems accurate, though the housing part I mentioned applies to every housing item, but it still counts.

Ensign
Aug 24, 2009
I wasted 200$ on the duchmens pack and never got a companion left me super mad

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

She did admit after that it is indeed broken, and also she complained about it being "90 percent" broken because she thought I was talking about from a PVP point of view. But I mean in a bugs and glitches point of view.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
I'm doing random numbers...sort of.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
chiliman05 on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:
She did admit after that it is indeed broken, and also she complained about it being "90 percent" broken because she thought I was talking about from a PVP point of view. But I mean in a bugs and glitches point of view.
Ah.

Makes more sense. I think I skipped those messages.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Foxfire2278 on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
I'm sorry you feel cheated, but it's random on what you receive. Now, did you get any Pirate Safes? Don't trash them, they are worth a great deal of scrip if sold to the housing vendor ( tentacle ) in the Black Market.
There are also some new pets in this pack, did you get any of the Macawbres?
Any rental or permanent mounts?
There are many good things in this pack besides companions which appear to be a bit glitched at the moment.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
Yes, but I was using my own numbers--feel free to try different ways on seeing whether or not this number of 70% is correct.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
glitterway123 on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:
Ah.

Makes more sense. I think I skipped those messages.
It was earlier on in the post.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Yes, but I was using my own numbers--feel free to try different ways on seeing whether or not this number of 70% is correct.
Yours is still pretty close. Close enough that someone gets the gist of it anyway .

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
That's the things with packs. Everyone wants the companions, so Kingsisle can make money off of making them a random drop.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I feel like it isn't fair to the team on Pirate101. They try to work so hard on it but the company won't let them by not giving enough resources. Now I know that they are doing this from a business perspective, but just give them more than you have. They deserve that much.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I'm doing random numbers...sort of.
Well I've found that all of the items I've gotten are glitches. Companions from the pack have epic talents they can't use. The weapons I've gotten do less damage than the weapon says, and the housing items disappeared from my inventory a day after I got them.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:
I'm sorry you feel cheated, but it's random on what you receive. Now, did you get any Pirate Safes? Don't trash them, they are worth a great deal of scrip if sold to the housing vendor ( tentacle ) in the Black Market.
There are also some new pets in this pack, did you get any of the Macawbres?
Any rental or permanent mounts?
There are many good things in this pack besides companions which appear to be a bit glitched at the moment.
Well all of them are glitched in some way or another...

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Also I can't tell if you're exaggerating. Did you really spend 200 dollars.

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
chiliman05 on Nov 6, 2019 wrote:
Well I've found that all of the items I've gotten are glitches. Companions from the pack have epic talents they can't use. The weapons I've gotten do less damage than the weapon says, and the housing items disappeared from my inventory a day after I got them.
Hmmph, I hope they all get fixed soon. I heard that the charred watermole got fixed... don't exactly want to go through the Spirits thing again. Why were the developers able to make Wizard's version of the pack so much less buggier than ours? I mean, the whole thing with a watermole turning into a drowned zombie...?! (Laughed really hard when I heard this though) Well maybe they're listening and fixing them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Hmmph, I hope they all get fixed soon. I heard that the charred watermole got fixed... don't exactly want to go through the Spirits thing again. Why were the developers able to make Wizard's version of the pack so much less buggier than ours? I mean, the whole thing with a watermole turning into a drowned zombie...?! (Laughed really hard when I heard this though) Well maybe they're listening and fixing them.
According to Bat Masterson, Pirate101 is much more complicated to code than Wizard101.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Because we have 1 or two people working on our pack and they have more than 100 on theirs.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
According to Bat Masterson, Pirate101 is much more complicated to code than Wizard101.
Well they both run on the same engine so that statement does not make sense. Also in terms of gameplay Wizard101 may be more complicated.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Maybe they are, but from what we've seen I don't think they listen much.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
Also even if it is, it is not drastically more complicated.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"According to Bat Masterson, Pirate101 is much more complicated to code than Wizard101."

Well for one thing the wizzards stand around in a circle, wave their arms a bit, and that's largely that. Pirates run all over the place putting the boot in, while being shot, fried, thumped, folded, slashed, stabbed, bombed and generally abused in return. Pirate is a much more animated game (in both senses of the word).

Then there are our companions, each of which has to have its attack animations designed as well as the reactions to being shot, fried, thumped, folded, slashed... well, you get the idea.

-Indigo

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
chiliman05 on Oct 5, 2019 wrote:
When it says that a new pack is coming in the October newsletter (cat pirate critical music intensifies).
*Dog pirate critical music intensifies*