Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Update????

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 04, 2016
With all due respect
Pirate101 needs an update like for real.
Wizard101 has all updates, new packs, new worlds, new dungeons and house dungeons, new spells, etc.....

Focus on Pirate now please, at least make some bundles or house dungeons or something to bring in money.
And fix krampus his sound is broken, i just put member on to say this and beg or ask for an update.

At least bring in some house dungeons as bundles or something for money to update the game.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
You're not the first to have posted this and you most certainly won't be the last.

Pirate really needs to step up its game, compared with Wizard it has gotten a pitiful amount of content "updates" (if you can really even call them that).

Why can't we start with some basic PvP changes? In its current state, PvP is pretty unbalanced, what with Old Scratch's op buffs and privy's broken discord and boon. They can also make PvP way more rewarding with a seasonal leaderboard and some new seasonal weapons and gear. Why not an update to the Black Market? It would make the grind for scrip much more worthwhile with new and improved items to purchase from Ol' Eight Hands.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
destinyxarrives on Mar 3, 2020 wrote:
You're not the first to have posted this and you most certainly won't be the last.

Pirate really needs to step up its game, compared with Wizard it has gotten a pitiful amount of content "updates" (if you can really even call them that).

Why can't we start with some basic PvP changes? In its current state, PvP is pretty unbalanced, what with Old Scratch's op buffs and privy's broken discord and boon. They can also make PvP way more rewarding with a seasonal leaderboard and some new seasonal weapons and gear. Why not an update to the Black Market? It would make the grind for scrip much more worthwhile with new and improved items to purchase from Ol' Eight Hands.
Why does it always have to be pvp that gets the priority? Discord & Boon aren't "broken", Discord was tweaked some time ago - it's only in conjunction with Old Scratch that makes them op.
Black Market hasn't been updated since it was released; new items are severely needed.
We've asked and asked, complained, & suggested throughout the nearly 4 years since VA2 and still nothing is happening.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2011
Really all I want to see is some new companion being added. Maybe being able to get them from some new farming dungeon or something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Springlife32 on Mar 4, 2020 wrote:
Really all I want to see is some new companion being added. Maybe being able to get them from some new farming dungeon or something.
They did that already with the Black Annie & Blightbeard dungeons.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
What I desire is a revival of Side Activities. I'll be the first to say, the storyline is great. It's long and exciting and quite well done. But there's not really much to do after. Nautical PVP is honestly rather boring, actual PvP is badly unbalanced, nobody does Pet Sparring anymore, and there's nothing else beyond that.

I'd love to have something like this, it would make investment in Pirate101 more worthwhile after the storyline's conclusion. (And not some Skeleton Key bosses that are in the spotlight for a month or two and then fade into obscurity, I mean actual side activities.)

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2020 wrote:
Why does it always have to be pvp that gets the priority? Discord & Boon aren't "broken", Discord was tweaked some time ago - it's only in conjunction with Old Scratch that makes them op.
Black Market hasn't been updated since it was released; new items are severely needed.
We've asked and asked, complained, & suggested throughout the nearly 4 years since VA2 and still nothing is happening.
PvP is currently the only real substantial end-game activity that people really participate in. Pet training takes extremely long to craft a "perfect" pet (which the majority of the time ends up being used for PvP), and hardly any players have gotten into housing. People who farm for gear really only want it either for PvP or to use it when a new storyline update releases and the level cap increases. Other than that, once you get the gear that you want, there isn't much else to do from there.

Of course if we got a new side activity, players would have something new to do after completing the storyline. Judging from the lack of content we have received, this seems fairly unlikely to me.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "why does it always have to be PvP;" it's been four years since VA2 and from that time we have received very little to no content in any department of the game.

Post Edit: I would like to retract what I said earlier about the game receiving little to no content since VA2. We have received the dreadnaught, various new skeleton key bosses, and two new packs since then, and I do NOT want to discredit KI by ignoring what they have put in the game. I do, however, stand by my original statement that the amount of content that has been added into the game since then is abysmal. If Pirate is to have any sort of life in the future, then the direction that it is currently heading in needs to be turned around immediately.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
destinyxarrives on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
PvP is currently the only real substantial end-game activity that people really participate in. Pet training takes extremely long to craft a "perfect" pet (which the majority of the time ends up being used for PvP), and hardly any players have gotten into housing. People who farm for gear really only want it either for PvP or to use it when a new storyline update releases and the level cap increases. Other than that, once you get the gear that you want, there isn't much else to do from there.

Of course if we got a new side activity, players would have something new to do after completing the storyline. Judging from the lack of content we have received, this seems fairly unlikely to me.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "why does it always have to be PvP;" it's been four years since VA2 and from that time we have received very little to no content in any department of the game.

Post Edit: I would like to retract what I said earlier about the game receiving little to no content since VA2. We have received the dreadnaught, various new skeleton key bosses, and two new packs since then, and I do NOT want to discredit KI by ignoring what they have put in the game. I do, however, stand by my original statement that the amount of content that has been added into the game since then is abysmal. If Pirate is to have any sort of life in the future, then the direction that it is currently heading in needs to be turned around immediately.
What I meant was; when it comes to suggestions on updating/improving the game, someone always mention "balancing" PvP, to the exclusion of anything else. Then there are those who want more farming/SK dungeons. BAH!
What do you mean "hardly any players have gotten into crafting"? We don't have crafting at all. If KI could implement crafting and improve it ( as was mentioned by Ratbeard sometime in 2015 ) there would be many players trying it, as at least it would be something new to do.
Even Fishing & Gardening would do that.
At least KI answered the complaints of pvp players by tweaking BoD and removing Scratch's Doom Mojo from pvp.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
this game's pretty much only going to be getting skeleton key fights until it dies (which personally, i think it would be better to let it die and let private servers take over but w/e)

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
anecorbie on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
What I meant was; when it comes to suggestions on updating/improving the game, someone always mention "balancing" PvP, to the exclusion of anything else. Then there are those who want more farming/SK dungeons. BAH!
What do you mean "hardly any players have gotten into crafting"? We don't have crafting at all. If KI could implement crafting and improve it ( as was mentioned by Ratbeard sometime in 2015 ) there would be many players trying it, as at least it would be something new to do.
Even Fishing & Gardening would do that.
At least KI answered the complaints of pvp players by tweaking BoD and removing Scratch's Doom Mojo from pvp.
Agreed; more farming dungeons is the last thing older players need.

And I’m sorry, I meant to say that hardly any players have gotten into housing, not crafting. I have since fixed it. And yes, I think crafting would make a great addition to the game.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I would understand farming dungeons for better gear if we were farming for a future world with more difficult fights. I might even understand farming dungeons for fashion wear if there were future worlds or side words period (I mean my pirate must always look their best). But to make a farming dungeon to fight the same battle over and over? for what. I see no point.

We need new activity - preferably a world or side world. I'm on the 4th of 5 pirates and no matter how much I enjoy the game (been playing since it first started) not sure how much longer I'll stick around.

I guess we'll see