Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who's Playing in 2020?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2012
Ahoy Pirates,

Who's around the skyways in 2020? I noticed from scrolling the forum and the fan wiki it seems that there are a handful who are especially active--namely Willowydream(er?) and Anecorbie.

I just resubscribed after a 3 year break. Last time I played I had been leveling a Swashbuckler, but now I'm starting fresh with a Witchdoctor, hoping to max him out in a month.

I noticed when I logged in there were far more people in Avery Court today than I've ever seen, even though the forums tend to have a pretty grim tone. What is your take on the community/activity? Has there been a spike since nearly the whole word has been put under quarantine?

If you see my around the game, say hi! My Witchdoctor is called Ian Yaxley.

Cheerio!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Amnerys on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
Ahoy Pirates,

Who's around the skyways in 2020? I noticed from scrolling the forum and the fan wiki it seems that there are a handful who are especially active--namely Willowydream(er?) and Anecorbie.

I just resubscribed after a 3 year break. Last time I played I had been leveling a Swashbuckler, but now I'm starting fresh with a Witchdoctor, hoping to max him out in a month.

I noticed when I logged in there were far more people in Avery Court today than I've ever seen, even though the forums tend to have a pretty grim tone. What is your take on the community/activity? Has there been a spike since nearly the whole word has been put under quarantine?

Cheerio!
Hello there! I may be new to you, I only came active on the Boards a year and a half ago. But I've been playing this game since its launch.

I would agree that over the past couple of years, we have arguably been pushed aside. I get that Wizard has more players and is in the main spot light, but that is no excuse for three years of updates that have done not much in the long run. They come, people talk about them for a bit, and then they go away.

As for this quarantine, it HAS brought in more players from what I've heard. With everyone at home, myself and yourself included, people have been coming to this game as a distraction.

As a matter of fact, right now would be the BEST POSSIBLE time to release a new update. People are on that wouldn't normally be on. If Kingsisle releases an update, say, in a couple months or so (not unreasonable, considering Wizard is having it's Spring update right now), it would give these people something new to do, and convince them to stay.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amnerys on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
Ahoy Pirates,

Cheerio!
Welcome to the message boards, Ian Yaxley! It would seem that both Spring Break and a dangerous pandemic is the cause of more players returning; after all, how much TV, DVDs and books can you watch/read before you get a bit bored?

Ensign
Aug 14, 2010
Heh I am slightly active on the forums as well, but yup it seems sense virus has trapped alot of extroverts indoor alot of games have been getting players not just pirate! and I must say let us welcome these new pirates! they have a long way to go!