Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A way to toggle overwatch/readied spell

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Can we please have a way to disable Overwatch / Readied Spell / Repel Boarders when we have these abilities trained, as it makes it impossible to use Walk in Darkness, as you will attack and come out of hiding as soon as an enemy approaches. Thanks :)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Legacy on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
Can we please have a way to disable Overwatch / Readied Spell / Repel Boarders when we have these abilities trained, as it makes it impossible to use Walk in Darkness, as you will attack and come out of hiding as soon as an enemy approaches. Thanks :)
Powerful abilities carry their own inherent risks. It's up to the pirate captain to ensure that they consider such things when training, and when using them in battle.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Willowydream on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
Powerful abilities carry their own inherent risks. It's up to the pirate captain to ensure that they consider such things when training, and when using them in battle.

Yes, but devilfish hollow is extremely difficult and tedious to navigate, and it is not practical to have to spend $5 every time you want to toggle these abilities. I ended up hatching a grimtooth reaper and it failed at Super which took a month to train when it got Readied Spell. I had to retire him to my dorm room.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
The Legacy on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
I doubt there will be a way to temporarily disable these activations, but if you are member, it might be worth it to respec your training points when that member benefit comes around again.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Legacy on Jul 5, 2020 wrote:
Yes, but devilfish hollow is extremely difficult and tedious to navigate, and it is not practical to have to spend $5 every time you want to toggle these abilities. I ended up hatching a grimtooth reaper and it failed at Super which took a month to train when it got Readied Spell. I had to retire him to my dorm room.
What I meant was, once you have determined that you have trained and want to use these certain abilities, you need to have a "Plan B" for what you will do if they trigger prematurely. If you expect to have things only going one way in a battle, that could be why you're having trouble.

I don't know what level your pirate is, but how often are you navigating Devilfish Hollow?

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
The Legacy on Jul 5, 2020 wrote:
What level are you by chance? Devilfish hollow is east the moment you find Catbeard for the first time, hell the enemies arent even that difficult to begin with

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Willowydream on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
What I meant was, once you have determined that you have trained and want to use these certain abilities, you need to have a "Plan B" for what you will do if they trigger prematurely. If you expect to have things only going one way in a battle, that could be why you're having trouble.

I don't know what level your pirate is, but how often are you navigating Devilfish Hollow?

I’m level 70. Yes the battles can be ended on the first round. My point is that it takes a solid 20 minutes to sail there and navigate to the hidden location. It’s impossible to walk through without getting pulled 5-10 times.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Willowydream on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:

My point is that we shouldn’t have to have a “Plan B” for their poor judgement and planning. And readied spell shouldn’t completely ruin the pet. Witchdoctors have a negligible amount (if any) of melee resistance. They rely on distance, traps and veils to protect themselves against their opponents. This ability makes that card completely inoperable.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The Legacy on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:
My point is that we shouldn’t have to have a “Plan B” for their poor judgement and planning. And readied spell shouldn’t completely ruin the pet. Witchdoctors have a negligible amount (if any) of melee resistance. They rely on distance, traps and veils to protect themselves against their opponents. This ability makes that card completely inoperable.
Not all players think the way you do, and my main pirate is a Witchdoctor. I have multiple accounts, so I always have a pirate with a Mark at the end of Devilfish Hollow. Just because that's how I avoid the mobs, doesn't mean that you have to do the same, but it might solve your problem.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Legacy on Jul 8, 2020 wrote:
I’m level 70. Yes the battles can be ended on the first round. My point is that it takes a solid 20 minutes to sail there and navigate to the hidden location. It’s impossible to walk through without getting pulled 5-10 times.
How are you getting pulled that much? I usually only have to fight maybe two or three times if I'm unlucky and get grabbed. Spending a little time watching the enemy pathing will help you avoid most of them, and if you run while you're in the 'safe' period after a battle you can skip through a LOT of mobs. It might be a bit of a trek to get down to the trainer/Hande but I've never found it quite that dramatic.

As for the original topic of the thread, if these powers do exactly what you dislike about them, why train them in the first place? Alternatively, if you're that concerned about how/when they trigger, perhaps you're utilizing them badly? I tend to avoid training repel boarders myself since I prefer running a glass cannon team most of the time, but it's never been a massive loss if Bonnie pulls an overwatch before I expected.

I really don't think it's the fault of the devs if you can't figure out how to adjust your strategy to deal with the AI.