Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown Shop Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 25, 2013
I'd like some opinions.

Are the holiday companions decent? I plan on getting the spirits, but I'm not sure if I would like to get any of the other Christmas companions or Black Annie Rackham. The pirate I'll be buying these on is a pretty low level .

I don't care about PvP, and I have always played with random companions (or the first mate option). The companions don't have to be excellent, just alright. I just enjoy having fun and one of my favourite aspects is having an interesting bunch of companions (which is why I love my privy).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have all of the Yuletide companions, and I would recommend Prince Yulefest - the music played during his turn is very cute. I also like the Mistle Toad and the Spirits of Yuletide.

The Yule Trogg and Holiday Treant are both buccaneers, but neither really have anything unique about them except their look. To me, since the Troggy doesn't have any armor at all, he could maybe have been given a bit higher dodge than a standard buccaneer, as I'm always disappointed when he gets defeated so easily.

Ensign
Mar 25, 2013
Willowydream on Jul 21, 2020 wrote:
I have all of the Yuletide companions, and I would recommend Prince Yulefest - the music played during his turn is very cute. I also like the Mistle Toad and the Spirits of Yuletide.

The Yule Trogg and Holiday Treant are both buccaneers, but neither really have anything unique about them except their look. To me, since the Troggy doesn't have any armor at all, he could maybe have been given a bit higher dodge than a standard buccaneer, as I'm always disappointed when he gets defeated so easily.

Thank you! I only have enough for 4 so I've decided to get all the individual ones except for Holly Jolly Roger alongside the Spirits Of Yuletide.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
BlueGoldenRose on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
Thank you! I only have enough for 4 so I've decided to get all the individual ones except for Holly Jolly Roger alongside the Spirits Of Yuletide.
I forgot Holly Jolly Roger! He's actually good as well -- I guess I like the musketeers more than the buccaneers. Too bad none of them are witchdoctors. There are too few witchdoctor companions, if you ask me.

Ensign
Mar 25, 2013
Willowydream on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
I forgot Holly Jolly Roger! He's actually good as well -- I guess I like the musketeers more than the buccaneers. Too bad none of them are witchdoctors. There are too few witchdoctor companions, if you ask me.

With the help of trivia, I am able to get just enough crowns for Holly Jolly Roger as well! Also I certainly agree about there being too few witchdoctors. As a privateer I enjoy a team of witchdoctors (as I buff them quite nicely), yet there is such a small quantity of them. Maybe one day they'll add Halloween companions, as there certainly would be numerous witchdoctors included in that.

Nimble Jack Silver Lvl 45
Isaac Silver Lvl 58