Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How difficult is this game with a full group?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2010
So I've been planning to restart this game but this time I wanted to go in with a full group of 4. I was wondering if it would even be worth it to play with that many people as I'm worried the game would be too easy especially after seeing the thing about FTUD. I got back into Wizard101 as well except with a group of 3 and up until Celestia we had no worries about losing a battle and even now it's still a bit too easy. Basically, would going through the game with a group of 4 make this too easy?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Draco LuxMancer on Aug 1, 2020 wrote:
So I've been planning to restart this game but this time I wanted to go in with a full group of 4. I was wondering if it would even be worth it to play with that many people as I'm worried the game would be too easy especially after seeing the thing about FTUD. I got back into Wizard101 as well except with a group of 3 and up until Celestia we had no worries about losing a battle and even now it's still a bit too easy. Basically, would going through the game with a group of 4 make this too easy?
I think your group would skate through - especially if you're all experienced Pirates.

All of the early content, and maybe through Cool Ranch, is easy enough to solo. One questing partner would be comfortable, and provide many chances at Group Plunder -- three questing partners would fill up battleboards, sink enemy ships quickly, and provide porting assistance for completion of the "talk-to-and-return" quests.

I'm wondering if such a group might actually need some time spent farming for additional experience, as there would be fewer battles to complete each quest, and the higher worlds do have level requirements to enter.

Would your group do ALL quests, or just story?

Ensign
Jun 26, 2010
Willowydream on Aug 3, 2020 wrote:
I think your group would skate through - especially if you're all experienced Pirates.

All of the early content, and maybe through Cool Ranch, is easy enough to solo. One questing partner would be comfortable, and provide many chances at Group Plunder -- three questing partners would fill up battleboards, sink enemy ships quickly, and provide porting assistance for completion of the "talk-to-and-return" quests.

I'm wondering if such a group might actually need some time spent farming for additional experience, as there would be fewer battles to complete each quest, and the higher worlds do have level requirements to enter.

Would your group do ALL quests, or just story?

I'd be the only experienced Pirate of the group, though I never finished the game fully but did level to somewhere in the 50s.

Yeah I was kind of worried about it since I don't remember the game being that difficult as a solo, and I thought Wizard101 was pretty difficult to solo but running through it with a group of 3 just made it too easy. Up until Celestia at least.

If we do level slower than someone would going through alone, then maybe it would balance out at some point? But if there is a level requirement to move on then perhaps they would just cancel each other out.

I would think we would do side quests as well but if the game really does end up being too easy I guess we would just cruise through the main quests until we're stopped by a level requirement or a battle that is literally too difficult to beat without leveling some more.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Draco LuxMancer on Aug 5, 2020 wrote:
I'd be the only experienced Pirate of the group, though I never finished the game fully but did level to somewhere in the 50s.

Yeah I was kind of worried about it since I don't remember the game being that difficult as a solo, and I thought Wizard101 was pretty difficult to solo but running through it with a group of 3 just made it too easy. Up until Celestia at least.

If we do level slower than someone would going through alone, then maybe it would balance out at some point? But if there is a level requirement to move on then perhaps they would just cancel each other out.

I would think we would do side quests as well but if the game really does end up being too easy I guess we would just cruise through the main quests until we're stopped by a level requirement or a battle that is literally too difficult to beat without leveling some more.
Well, I am sure you and your friends can make it fun, and if you purposely choose combo builds and interesting team setups, you could provide your own version of challenge?

Go for it!