Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 on Steam (Again)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2019
I'd like to re-suggest Pirate101 be added to Steam since my old post is apparently "locked" now.

If anyone in the community wants to add their thoughts on why Pirate101 being added to Steam would be a good idea, feel free to do.

More eyes, more players, maybe some revenue? I feel.
Also, many of us Wizard101 Steam users would feel complete by having Pirate101 on our Games List as well.

As a Wizard101 Player, I feel like this community deserves some attention. This would be a good start.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
JValhalla on Aug 24, 2020 wrote:
I'd like to re-suggest Pirate101 be added to Steam since my old post is apparently "locked" now.

If anyone in the community wants to add their thoughts on why Pirate101 being added to Steam would be a good idea, feel free to do.

More eyes, more players, maybe some revenue? I feel.
Also, many of us Wizard101 Steam users would feel complete by having Pirate101 on our Games List as well.

As a Wizard101 Player, I feel like this community deserves some attention. This would be a good start.
Agreed. I understand that Wiard101 had a massive influx of players the moment it came onto Steam. If Pirate101 was put on there, maybe it would give us the numbers and attention that this game needs to break out of its stupor.

Thoughts, KI?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Unless you can only pay via Steam currency, there is no advantage to adding Pirate101 to Steam (based on Wizard101 launch). In fact, some non-Americans even have price increases on Crowns purchases due to currency conversion through Steam.

Wizard101 Steam has no trading cards or achievements

Wizard101 Steam specifically removed the Earn Crowns button, whereas the normal client version still has it.

Adding games to Steam actually costs KI profits, since Steam gets a 30% cut off the sales. (Steam does not offer any special Steam sales for Wizard101).

Finally, I heavily suspect Steam will have a negative aspect to the game as it will likely get downvoted (due to lack of updates, paywalls while listed as free to play, etc).