Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can you level up your ship by giving it better gear?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2020
I just bought the hoodoo bundle. I really don't want to just replace my ship once it becomes obsolete. If I put higher level gear on my ship, will it be viable in later worlds with enemy ships that are higher level?

I also don't actually have the ship yet, as I picked the level 30 version of it, and I am level 18, but still.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
Shredder1021 on Sep 2, 2020 wrote:
I just bought the hoodoo bundle. I really don't want to just replace my ship once it becomes obsolete. If I put higher level gear on my ship, will it be viable in later worlds with enemy ships that are higher level?

I also don't actually have the ship yet, as I picked the level 30 version of it, and I am level 18, but still.
Not really, no. stats/health for ship go up/down tremendously on upgrades. I/E, a spiral marlybone galleon with nat lvl 40ish gear is still going to be better than a normal galleon with 65+ gear.

the ship at lvl 30 will most likely carry you up to subata, where then you'd need to switch over and use a mooshu galleon.