Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best PvP Crew For A Swashbuckler

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2017
I am getting into PvP and I've been wandering: what is the best crew? At the moment I have Contessa, Fan, and Zeena. I want Fan or Contessa, Nascua, and the Weng Chen Crown Shop clone, but I want some suggestions from the P101 community. There is a debate about weather Fan or Contessa is better. Remember: I'm a swash.
Fan vs. Contessa link: www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/whos-better-fan-or-contessa-8ad6a42b5cedc3de015cefa323294933?reset=1

lvl. 70 - Romantic Connor

Community Leader
Copy/paste of my response in your original thread:

So I'll be honest. I have the dragoon and he's not good at all for buckler pvp. We can't buff his strength/crit like buccaneers, privateers, and witches can. If you want a companion with the same utility as the dragoon, go for the battle angel. She has the same powers, but has a higher damage output and first strike 3, which is much better in the mirror. If you like having a companion with vengeance strike 3, go for Goronado or Subodai/Temujin. Fan is an absolute essential for bucklers, she's too good to pass up on. I'd also take a good look at toro, as his buff is great in the melee matchups. Stay away from Zeena, she's not worth your time. As for your final team, I'd recommend one of the following:

Toro, Fan, Angel/Nausica/Goro/Contessa/Subodai/Ratbeard

Goro, Fan, Nausica

Also, please take note of my second response in the first thread Conwitty. It has some helpful advice for in-game tactics

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
If you're getting into PvP, which mostly consists of Swashbucklers, a First Strike 3 team will be your best bet. I personally use Ratbeard, El Toro and Fan Flanders since that's the team I've found works best for me. Use whatever suits your play style but that's my recommendation for you.

Note: There's also Contessa, Battle Angel, Sarah Steel and so forth who can all learn First Strike 3

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
The best team depends on what class you're fighting, although if you just want a universal team for ranked where you dont know what youre fighting use Toro, Ratbeard, and Fan in that order, all first strike 3

Now if youre fighting in spar and you know who you're fighting i suggest these teams

Vs privy- Toro, Subodai, Fan

Vs musket- Buffalo bill, Bonnie, and Nausica/any true grit companion

Vs buck- Toro, Ratbeard, Fan

Vs bucklers- Toro, Ratbeard, Fan

Ensign
Nov 27, 2012
Kan po us a healer and a great damage producer but swashbuckler don't get him so get the crown shop. Also go with Bonnie or N Nausica. Then Fan but if you ard against a privy or a buck you should use Contessa.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
No crowns toro, fan, and somebody else, can vary widely

If you have some money and or crowns (gift me something) jk i would recommend fan, goro, and nausica
Just my opinion