Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is the power reset P2W?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Lately I've been pondering a power reset and it just costs way too much.

I want to try a different strategy and I can't becuase of the 3000 crown price tag, which is more than $5 USD

I personally believe that this game does really well with eliminating P2W but the power reset is an exception and using trivia or watching videos isn't a viable option. So maybe the price should be slashed in half to create fair play?

Community Leader
I'd be fine with free practice point resets as a member benefit when KI decides to bring them in to the game. However, I completely disagree with the notion that this game eliminates pay to win effectively. Although Crown companions are not essential to pvp performance, they are a potential crutch for players who have access to them. A newcomer to ranked can generally get a lot farther with the best crown shop companions when compared to their free to play counterparts. Some classes (the glaring example being witchdoctor) can barely perform in rank without crown companions. Crowns make farming and pet hatching infinitely more efficient, taking a task that could take months and slashing it down to days, or even hours. I'm not complaining, since I have access to these pay-to-win elements, but saying this game does a good job at eliminating ptw is inaccurate. As to how it could be eliminated? The issue of crown companions is one that likely cannot be fixed. We must take it as it is. However, an alternate mode could be added to make training pets less time consuming, or a way to reroll pet talents could be implemented

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:

I want to try a different strategy and I can't becuase of the 3000 crown price tag, which is more than $5 USD

I personally believe that this game does really well with eliminating P2W but the power reset is an exception and using trivia or watching videos isn't a viable option. So maybe the price should be slashed in half to create fair play?
I agree, they should make some sort of sale.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:

If you spent a little money on a single month's membership, you could reset all companions for gold. If you want to reset your captain - did you use the free reset that was given when VA2 was launched?
Whenever KI introduces something new which may impact players and their companions a free reset is offered - that's real generous IMO.
These accusations of "P2W' is always leveled by those engaging in PVP, what was wrong with the way you trained your companions in the first place?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
If you spent a little money on a single month's membership, you could reset all companions for gold. If you want to reset your captain - did you use the free reset that was given when VA2 was launched?
Whenever KI introduces something new which may impact players and their companions a free reset is offered - that's real generous IMO.
These accusations of "P2W' is always leveled by those engaging in PVP, what was wrong with the way you trained your companions in the first place?
Yes so I'm talking about the captain reset

And when I last checked I didn't have a free reset from VA2

Yes it's an accusation but it's fact that it costs more than $5 USD to reset your powers

Matthew, while this game isn't perfect with P2W it does a really good job compared to most other MMO's which I would always keep in mind, note how I said that the powers reset is a big exception