Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Ship Powers

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirates! Let’s talk about a new discussion topic, shall we?

On KI Live, Tom suggested I do a Falmea Friday on ship powers, and I think it’s a great idea! So, today I ask you this: what ship powers would you like to see that don’t exist yet? What spells in that exist in Wizard101 would you like to see as ship powers?

Wishing you a wondrous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Khrulhu. After all, he's based on a monster that was sleeping on the ocean floor.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Wings of Fate would make an awesome Fleet Heal, wouldn't it?

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Glowbug squall! If there was a way to get glowbug even if it did 0.5x damage, I would still use it just because I love it so much.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Professor Falmea on Sep 22, 2017 wrote:

On KI Live, Tom suggested I do a Falmea Friday on ship powers, and I think it’s a great idea! So, today I ask you this: what ship powers would you like to see that don’t exist yet? What spells in that exist in Wizard101 would you like to see as ship powers?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Oh, Madame Falmea. I just love your Falmea Friday posts. There's always a new, interesting topic to discuss every week and I like any and all topics that we discuss. So, onto this weeks' discussion, ship powers. Very interesting topic to discuss, I might add. Since I don't really play Wizard101 due to the level cap being too high, I had to look up some of the Wizard101 spells and I found one I like. I think a new ship power should be something similar to the Wizard101 spell, "Insane Bolt." Basically, what this ship power does, it will either do insane damage to the enemy ship and either putting its health bar to 50% or down to red, or it does damage to your own ship and kills you. I think the "Insane Bolt" gambit would be great if it were brought to the Pirate101 world. That way in tough situations, Pirates would have to make a gamble. When a Pirate knows they will get sunk or boarded anyway, they should take the Insane Bolt gambit of either dealing massive damage to the enemy or sink themselves. It'd sure be fun if we were forced to make a life or death decision from time to time.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 37 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 20 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

I, also, don't play Wizard101, so I will just answer the first question of what Ship Powers I'd like to see that don't exist yet.

How about...

Change of Tides
A whirlwind lookin' like a Stormgate sucks some fragments o' the enemy's Ship, causin' 10% damage to th' hull.
The tides o' the Skyways obey yer every command as th' waves crash over the heads of yer opponents' Ship, causin' 25% damage to yer opponent. An' although this sounds dangerous n' all to the opponent, ye be gettin' some damage, too! Although the tides o' the Skyways obey ye, if ye order 'em to create a whirlwind, it'll suck some fragments o' yer Ship, too! So ye better be careful, as there's a Change of Tides comin', maties.
I hope you like it!
Disclaimer: Again, this is not a spell from Wizard101 that I want to bring as a Ship Power on Pirate101. I don't play Wizard101 so I just answered Dalia's first question. I can't wait to hear more from you guys!

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Would love to have my Witchdoctor use a ship power that activates all the Shadow spells in Wizard101 at the same time to swarm the enemy ship.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
1. Ice Wyvern
2. Baskilisk
3. Leviathan
Some honorable mentions are Snow Serpent, Blizzard, Snow Angel, Storm Owl, Sun Serpent, Climaclysm, Insane Bolt, Tempest, Queen Calypso, Phoenix, Heck Hound, Chimera, Power Nova, Hydra, Scorpion, Frost Dragon and Ice Hound.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

Forest lord I don't know why but ever since I started pirates I've always wanted to see that as a ship power

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
I feel like any shadow spell would look pretty neat.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
shadow shrike!

I like aurora's idea, and I am not in the creative mood atm.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 25, 2017 wrote:
shadow shrike!

I like aurora's idea, and I am not in the creative mood atm.
Thank you.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Snow Angel! It's one of my favorite spell animations.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
Well since we are talking about ship powers I would love to actually see some of the "unique" powers like I would love to see Pigsy be used as a fleet heal without the wizard city backdrop; perhaps make it like a flying pig on a rope that heals multiple ships in a "raid" like in Dreadnaught or even why not borrow the Eye of the beholder as a unique ship power... Don't forget perhaps using a power like Posideon when he normally attacks it shows up as a bubble and does his damage... Too many to list but I would love to see more Aquilla and Valencian powers perhaps a Unicorn that damages the receiving party but also heals the user ... Too many to list I think lol

Shadow spells in the skyways sound scary (and awesome)!

I love your suggestions for Wizard's corner of the Spiral, but let's expand our thoughts to ANYTHING. If you could create your own ship power (skyway's the limit!), what would it look like and what would it do?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:

I love your suggestions for Wizard's corner of the Spiral, but let's expand our thoughts to ANYTHING. If you could create your own ship power (skyway's the limit!), what would it look like and what would it do?
I would say the same thing that I did earlier about the Change of Tides.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012

More Tradional Pirate Cannon Spells:
All these Fantasy Spells are cool, but I feel like we need more cannon spells. I am talking close broadside cannons (that have more damage and accuracy when near enemy ship) , heavy shot cannons (that only work near enemy ships), and mortars (very high damage, not the best accuracy, only in long rage). Play AC4 BF and you will see what I mean. Adding more cannon spells (combined with movement and positioning), will really make ship PvP and farming more engaging cause:
1.) Pirates can farm for solid new gear (I.e. Mortars, specific types of cannons) that expands their arsenal
2.) Movement and positioning will make ship PvP more tactical and engaging.
3.) It will develop the Pirate in Pirate101

I would also like a Ramming spell, although that maybe to complex at this stage.

Now for some Fantasy Spells. These spells will cause damage, and or increase decrease stats. I won't go over healing or stat spells (maybe later).

Fantasy Spells (Attack Summons):
1.) World summon Spells.

Basically any spiritual significant figure us pirates discover or hear about per world. The examples will make this clearer.
Cool Ranch: Ship spells that summon Sister Snake, Mother Owl, Mother spider etc...
Aquila: Ship spells that summon the Greek Gods (in eagle form). Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, etc. I know there is already a Zeus like spell but still.

2.) Things from my imagination.
-Giant Versions of certain pets attacking. I.e Bullrog, Skyrime, that evil Red shark (now a megalodon).
-April Fools spells: Rubber Ducky of death! Water Guns and water balloons spells! Raining cats and dogs! (That last one should be done without damaging the animals)
-Elemental Storm: A mix of fire, air, water and earth.
-Certain Combat Spells. i.e. Jobu's Kiss, mojo storm, big guns.
-???? Modified from dark blaze sharps idea, a totally random spell triggers. Could be very powerful, could be weak. Take the risk. Like haywire strike but for ships.
-Wrath of GG beware

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
being upfront I haven't played W101 in awhile so I do not know the most recent spells. A couple of my favorite would be the death deer and Raging Bull. These would look amazing as a ship power!!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

I just had a thought that a power to capsize the enemy ship would be cool, their damage output would be halved for the next turn, until they righted themselves again. I'm guessing it would be a horn, maybe called Horn of the Great Wind, and it would blow the ship over.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
shadow shrike, fire dragon, helephant, forest lord.

and a new one I call, strike of the classes

the class symbols appear spinning around the enemy ship. and then shoot a bolt of color at the ship that matches the main colors (green for witch, brown for musket, blue or yellow for privy, purple for buckler, and red for bucc) damaging the ships health for 25%.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
How about a new Horn, like "Wailing of the Wraiths"

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Great ideas folks! We'll keep them in mind should we chance to update ship powers!