Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Darkling Duck

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Very cute, KI! I can just imagine my new little pet squeaking "I am the terror that flaps in the skyways!"

Of course, now it wants a little cape too, but Anne's probably a bit busy adventuring to do any more sewing than the necessary mending of her garments after the inevitable hazards of swordplay, scrambling through sewers, clinging to cliffs... that sort of thing.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 13, 2017 wrote:
Very cute, KI! I can just imagine my new little pet squeaking "I am the terror that flaps in the skyways!"

Of course, now it wants a little cape too, but Anne's probably a bit busy adventuring to do any more sewing than the necessary mending of her garments after the inevitable hazards of swordplay, scrambling through sewers, clinging to cliffs... that sort of thing.
I am guessing this is a ducktales easter egg? I only heard of him through a Disney game.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Duck Tales one was Darkwing duck I believe, but it might be a purposeful allusion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 14, 2017 wrote:
I am guessing this is a ducktales easter egg? I only heard of him through a Disney game.
Duck Tales & Darkwing Duck.
I may be remembering it wrong but I think the tag line is "I am the terror that quacks in the night"

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I was a bit saddened that this was just another skin instead of a truly new pet

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
I was a bit saddened that this was just another skin instead of a truly new pet
Ah, but who knows what hybrid may be lurking in this little "re-skin"?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 14, 2017 wrote:
Duck Tales & Darkwing Duck.
I may be remembering it wrong but I think the tag line is "I am the terror that quacks in the night"
Darkwing Duck had a slightly different catch phrase in every episode, but the first was always "I am the terror that flaps in the night" with the last line being "I am Darkwing Duck"

Example,
"I am the terror that flaps in the night.
I am the chill, that runs down your spine,
I am Darkwing Duck!"

That was probably my favourite show when I was younger, with Duck Tales a close second.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Darkwing Duck had a slightly different catch phrase in every episode, but the first was always "I am the terror that flaps in the night" with the last line being "I am Darkwing Duck"

Example,
"I am the terror that flaps in the night.
I am the chill, that runs down your spine,
I am Darkwing Duck!"

That was probably my favourite show when I was younger, with Duck Tales a close second.
I was more a fan of Gargoyles.