Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 30 Potion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
If any of us are veteran wizard101 players, we know what the level 50 elixir is. Why not have the same for pirate but a level 30 elixir? Possibly level 25? Lots of us probably agree that Skull Island was too long, and the Monkey "arc" in isle of doom + puerto mico took forever. Why not have an elixir that boosts us to the start of Cool Ranch? Any feedback?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jacob LotusCaller on Dec 9, 2017 wrote:
If any of us are veteran wizard101 players, we know what the level 50 elixir is. Why not have the same for pirate but a level 30 elixir? Possibly level 25? Lots of us probably agree that Skull Island was too long, and the Monkey "arc" in isle of doom + puerto mico took forever. Why not have an elixir that boosts us to the start of Cool Ranch? Any feedback?
Skull Island too long? ( Not as long as Cool Ranch, I miss adventuring in SI ). Monquista is short ( like the monkeys ). I'm not favorable to anything that gives something without earning it. I don't like it in W101 and I wouldn't like it here.
You want to get to Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone? Play through the story line and earn your experience like the rest of us!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Something I forgot to mention: unlike W101 where a wizard just levels up, in P101 when a pirate gains a level, we get training tomes for our companions. A large jump in levels would automatically grant those tomes.
And once you return to whatever level you were before those tomes would still have been granted and used, perhaps making your companions over leveled compared to you.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I can see how many players would love the idea of skipping part of the game -- so many seem to be in such a hurry to get their pirates to the end -- they neglect their nautical level and never learn to sink ships, they don't want to train up their companions, they don't want to do side quests, and so on.

That being said - each class of pirate plays differently. Just because you have a Level 70 Musketeer doesn't mean that skipping to Level 30 on your Privateer would be a good idea. Much is learned in those early levels. Learning to play with various crews and powers, and gear -- personally, I don't think skipping would be a good idea, but if the elixir was offered, it would probably be a huge seller.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
A level 30 elixir would not work in this game.

1. Not enough gameplay for it to be worth it
2. The arc doesn't finish until level 70 and it would bring you right in the middle of the story
3. This only works in wiz because of the first arc and the amount of gameplay and how long those worlds had been out.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Jacob LotusCaller on Dec 9, 2017 wrote:
Not a fan. Those early levels are needed to get us to use the right tactics for the type of pirate we're playing and to make out crews work right. In Wizard, regardless of the spell, you're just picking a card and targeting someone. Not nearly the same as planning out where each crew member will go, who and how they are to attack, and trying to recall who has flanking or which enemy has hold the line. And, frankly, I dislike Cool Ranch intensely and am in no hurry to get there, although I am certainly delighted to get through it.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011