Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I cant add friends :(

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Hi everyone I bought crowns for the new, amazing wing mounts, so now I can chat on these boards briefly again (yay! ). Any way I will get to the point.

My Situation:

So when a pirate gains membership, their friend list limit increases quite a fair bit compared to a non member. When membership runs out, the friend list limit is once again the same as when they were a non-member- however you can still have excess friends.

Its kind of like carrying 100 items in your bag when membership runs out, and the new the limit is 80. In order to purchase new items, you have to delete 21+ items from your bag, otherwise you cant get new stuff. This is the exact same for friends.

Now I am perfectly ok with various limits reducing as now I am a non-member. I am fine with a reduced limit of items in my inventory, housing etc. But reducing friends is annoying. I have already deleted at least 15+ friends who are very inactive or who I don't talk too much, and the rest are active and I talk to them a lot. One time I deleted a friend who got quite sad that I deleted them, it was socially disruptive and I don't want to do that again.

Can I just ask why there needs to be a limit reduction? Whenever a pirate asks me to be their friend, or to port wherever, I can't now. Its kind of annoying.

The main problem here is I have friends in excess now, and deleting them is not a socially viable option for me, in fact it is socially disruptive. Can you just make this the same for members and non-members, I see nothing wrong with being extra friendly. If you want to give members benefits, go for what members have been asking instead (i.e 2x pet XP and what not). Thanks.

Bonus Request: Add an option that segregates the friend list into active and inactive players. Also when deleting a friend, do not close the friend tab. I do not want to scroll down from the start. Thanks

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
Golden Guardian on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
Hi everyone I bought crowns for the new, amazing wing mounts, so now I can chat on these boards briefly again (yay! ). Any way I will get to the point.

My Situation:

So when a pirate gains membership, their friend list limit increases quite a fair bit compared to a non member. When membership runs out, the friend list limit is once again the same as when they were a non-member- however you can still have excess friends.

Its kind of like carrying 100 items in your bag when membership runs out, and the new the limit is 80. In order to purchase new items, you have to delete 21+ items from your bag, otherwise you cant get new stuff. This is the exact same for friends.

Now I am perfectly ok with various limits reducing as now I am a non-member. I am fine with a reduced limit of items in my inventory, housing etc. But reducing friends is annoying. I have already deleted at least 15+ friends who are very inactive or who I don't talk too much, and the rest are active and I talk to them a lot. One time I deleted a friend who got quite sad that I deleted them, it was socially disruptive and I don't want to do that again.

Can I just ask why there needs to be a limit reduction? Whenever a pirate asks me to be their friend, or to port wherever, I can't now. Its kind of annoying.

The main problem here is I have friends in excess now, and deleting them is not a socially viable option for me, in fact it is socially disruptive. Can you just make this the same for members and non-members, I see nothing wrong with being extra friendly. If you want to give members benefits, go for what members have been asking instead (i.e 2x pet XP and what not). Thanks.

Bonus Request: Add an option that segregates the friend list into active and inactive players. Also when deleting a friend, do not close the friend tab. I do not want to scroll down from the start. Thanks
Ahoy! Now before I respectfully disagree with this, I want to say having more friends is a great idea and they should totally implement this.

1: The bonus request is true and the screen should not just close when you remove a friend. It makes it harder to get back.

2: I really agree with the fact that more friends should be added, but first we have to consider two things:
What’s the point of buying membership if you’re gonna have the same perms as a member? How about instead of having the max limit the same, just make the non-member one bigger by like 10 or something perfectly reasonable. And also, the friend limit for members is 150 I believe, so aren’t non-members really not that behind? So that’s like 90-100 friends( idk the non member friend limit) but that’s a lot of friends. If they’re all active, that’s really kind of surprising. So figure out something about that.

About your friend reduction question, there is a limit because if you had something like 300 friends, trying to find one would be chaos. And what if all 300 were online? Plus you’d be receiving at least some menu chat from them, which would be hard to read especially if you were in a fight or something.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
SuperPirate893 on Feb 1, 2018 wrote:
Ahoy! Now before I respectfully disagree with this, I want to say having more friends is a great idea and they should totally implement this.

1: The bonus request is true and the screen should not just close when you remove a friend. It makes it harder to get back.

2: I really agree with the fact that more friends should be added, but first we have to consider two things:
What’s the point of buying membership if you’re gonna have the same perms as a member? How about instead of having the max limit the same, just make the non-member one bigger by like 10 or something perfectly reasonable. And also, the friend limit for members is 150 I believe, so aren’t non-members really not that behind? So that’s like 90-100 friends( idk the non member friend limit) but that’s a lot of friends. If they’re all active, that’s really kind of surprising. So figure out something about that.

About your friend reduction question, there is a limit because if you had something like 300 friends, trying to find one would be chaos. And what if all 300 were online? Plus you’d be receiving at least some menu chat from them, which would be hard to read especially if you were in a fight or something.
I think you sort of get what I am saying, but I will use numbers to describe it better. I maybe wrong in some of this data as I am not entirely sure what the max limit of friends for members and non members are respectively, but just for this case I assume members have 150, and non members 100. Now let me get into it.

1. When I had membership, I had a limit of 150 friends. I pretty much had my list full. I had 150/150 friends.

2. When my membership ran out, I had a new limit of 100 friends. Thus I now have 150/100 friends instead. I have 50 excess friends basically. I also want to add new friends. This is where the problem begins.

3. I cannot add new friends unless I delete 51+ friends. I have delete 20-30 so far, and its been a painful toll on me. 51+ people to delete is socially crippling. I have already deleted many inactive players, as well as players I vaguely remember or don't talk to much. Some inactive players I keep because they come in a blue moon and or because of the good memories.

4. I think its fair KI readdresses this particular member benefit. My solution is a one time PERMANENT bonus for anyone who buys membership of 150 friends.

Now I know some of you may say "oh member benefits we need some more not lose some". I agree, however this particular one causes social problems and makes me extremely uncomfortable at times. If KI wants member benefits, they should instead pursue things such as double pet XP, free packs every month and other things that don't explicitly damage non-members.
Basically my problem is a very unique one, it arises when members become non-members. I highly encourage KI to reconsider this, it is very very socially disruptive for players in my position.