Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Item Locks Please

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
Every now and then our backpacks get a little cluttered and need cleaned out. Unfortunately, if you don't pay attention, you end up selling something you worked hard to collect, like a musketeer staff of power, really good pet, or a fort ring you spent 3 months farming.

We need W101's item locking system, and we need it bad. I've never messaged support for an item return as I've at least been lucky enough to get the item again later (minus the pets, rip) but, I've got friends who seem to be constantly losing rare items, and it is pretty frustrating.

Please consider Item Locking!

I'm sure Ki Support wouldn't mind it either as it would probably drop the item restore requests by a lot.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheCashmania on Mar 3, 2018 wrote:
Every now and then our backpacks get a little cluttered and need cleaned out. Unfortunately, if you don't pay attention, you end up selling something you worked hard to collect, like a musketeer staff of power, really good pet, or a fort ring you spent 3 months farming.

We need W101's item locking system, and we need it bad. I've never messaged support for an item return as I've at least been lucky enough to get the item again later (minus the pets, rip) but, I've got friends who seem to be constantly losing rare items, and it is pretty frustrating.

Please consider Item Locking!

I'm sure Ki Support wouldn't mind it either as it would probably drop the item restore requests by a lot.
Here's what I do whenever I get an item I want to keep: before I clear out my pack, I visit my house/bunkhouse and place what I want to keep in my Bank or Shared Bank - only then do I visit the Bazaar or Free Trader.
But I agree that this function is needed to stop accidental selling/deletions of desired gear.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
That's a quality of life improvement I could absolutely get behind!

Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2018 wrote:
Here's what I do whenever I get an item I want to keep: before I clear out my pack, I visit my house/bunkhouse and place what I want to keep in my Bank or Shared Bank - only then do I visit the Bazaar or Free Trader.
But I agree that this function is needed to stop accidental selling/deletions of desired gear.
Unless your bank is full of good stuff ;-; like mine lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheCashmania on Mar 6, 2018 wrote:
Unless your bank is full of good stuff ;-; like mine lol
Use the Shared bank, then and have your other pirates store it for you. Or revise what you think is "good stuff", usually the only stuff worth keeping is boss gear.
Also place furniture and pets you're not using or training in your attic or house - this frees up a lot of space.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
anecorbie on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Use the Shared bank, then and have your other pirates store it for you. Or revise what you think is "good stuff", usually the only stuff worth keeping is boss gear.
Also place furniture and pets you're not using or training in your attic or house - this frees up a lot of space.
I know, I already do that. But there's also stuff I like to keep on me at all times for quick set up changes. Ultimately, it'd just be more convenient if we could lock the stuff we don't want accidentally sold, instead of having bury things in layers of inventory that you'll probably forget about later. Wiz has item locks, so why can't we?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheCashmania on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
I know, I already do that. But there's also stuff I like to keep on me at all times for quick set up changes. Ultimately, it'd just be more convenient if we could lock the stuff we don't want accidentally sold, instead of having bury things in layers of inventory that you'll probably forget about later. Wiz has item locks, so why can't we?
I agree completely, my suggestions were only to help others until KI does implement Item Locks.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I actually sold Kane's mask. It was time for a change though. I know you all like to see my face lol

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I so agree about the need for this. I don't usually mis-sell things, but yesterday I accidentally sold my Amulet of Turquoise eye patch from the Tribal Crew Pack, through an accidental double click, when selling a stat-less earing. I never selected it, but it was the only sellable in the eye patch category, (was wearing the Pioneer eye patch at the time) after the earing sold, and the mis-click sent it away. I so wished there had been an "undo" for that sale, but it was gone, before the "Sure you want to?" screen flashed by. It was even a no auction item, but Tiny the vendor was happy to grab it.