Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Repel border on Sarah ..as a default?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
Why in the world does she have this? Why does a swashbuckler have this as a talent? Every time she uses it while she is hidden, it makes me want to ear my hair out, i hate!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
How dare companions have pros and cons to using them.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Ah, I get your feeling. I try to run up on foes before they attack me to prevent this, but it doesn't always work. Not sure it was the best choice, and I think First Strike would have been better for her.

TSQ

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
OZR2 on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
Why in the world does she have this? Why does a swashbuckler have this as a talent? Every time she uses it while she is hidden, it makes me want to ear my hair out, i hate!
I agree, but there are ways of avoiding this; like moving her to the rear or behind a companion with Hold the Line. There are a few other buckler companions with Repel; Lucy Sterling and the Cat Pirate in the Spirits of Yuletide Pack.

Ensign
Mar 09, 2018
I can definitely say this annoys me. But I suppose it is a needed nerf, otherwise you'd be having not only yourself but also Sarah using very strong hits with nothing being able to counter it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
OZR2 on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
All companions are not cookie-cutter designs. For some strange reason, the game designers thought players would like to experience variety and challenges in their game play rather than a repetitive battle experience. They designed a rich system with many, many companions to join us and enhance our battles with new options and strategies.

Who knew that so many players wanted every single battle to go the very same way all the time, and only really want three or four companions to worry about -- only three or four companions to train up, or know how to use?

Some players enjoy knowing that Sarah is different from Fan Flanders, El Toro, or from Mustang Sally and every other Swashbuckler companion. Some people may give Sarah more to do than just Hide and Hit (or hide, hit and die from an unlucky critical hit).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Now, why do players consider this as a nerf on Sarah, rather than a plus? Yes, her Repel will remove her Hide if her attack goes through. Sometimes she misses. But having Repel on her is a plus; for after she has used her hidden attack, Repel is still there giving her an extra attack per round when approached.
This, along with her First Strike and Riposte talents, as well as other epics you give her ( like Relentless & Bladestorm ) makes her one of the most powerful companions for Swashbucklers.
If you truly hate Repel, don't give her more ranks in it. In any case, just be aware that she has it and take actions that reduce the chance of a Repel ( while hidden ) from happening.