Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Players shouldnt be able to tp into the machine

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Dear Kingisle,

Please make it where players cant teleport into the machine while Im in the middle of a solo run. I dont like trolls, and this needs to be prevented. I have removed them from my friends list and ignored them, but the deed is already done.

Sincerely,
Alex the Pirate

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Alex the Pirate on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:
Dear Kingisle,

Please make it where players cant teleport into the machine while Im in the middle of a solo run. I dont like trolls, and this needs to be prevented. I have removed them from my friends list and ignored them, but the deed is already done.

Sincerely,
Alex the Pirate
I'm sorry you left your teleports on and got interrupted, but I completely disagree. It's a difficult dungeon and we should be able to call on a friend for help if we get into trouble or someone leaves for whatever reason.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jul 2, 2018 wrote:
I'm sorry you left your teleports on and got interrupted, but I completely disagree. It's a difficult dungeon and we should be able to call on a friend for help if we get into trouble or someone leaves for whatever reason.

Indeed, if you want to solo, then turn off the teleports. This is a dungeon, not a gauntlet. There have been times when my friends asked me to join them as their team suddenly ended up one short. Plus, this allows defeated players to port out, heal, then re-enter
Deleting friends who joined you in a well known farming dungeon is a bit extreme, after all, did you ask them to leave by explaining you wanted to solo it?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Going to have to disagree with you here, Alex. When you're first doing Valencia (not that any of us here are at that stage) every fight is tough because you're still adjusting to the sudden boost in difficulty. Many are still struggling a bit when they hit the Machine for the first time. They do need to be able to ask someone in to help them.

You, on the other hand, are trying to solo. The best way to get to solo is to set yourself up as "hidden to friends" or to disallow teleporting. I recommend the former over the latter so you also don't get folks trying to chat with you while you're fighting.