Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is my nautical level too low?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 24, 2010
Hey,

I'm getting owned in ship battles in Aquilla. My nautical level is 37. Is that lower than it should be? If so, how should I be leveling up? Should I be doing more nautical side quests?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
indyjunior on Jul 30, 2018 wrote:
Hey,

I'm getting owned in ship battles in Aquilla. My nautical level is 37. Is that lower than it should be? If so, how should I be leveling up? Should I be doing more nautical side quests?
In a word -- YES! Here is a helpful guide as to which ones you should do:

Nautical Know-How - Where to Get Nautical XP if You HATE Sinking Ships

It's best to try to keep your nautical level even with your pirate's level, and you will have a much easier time sinking ships as you go.

I've seen worse, though -- someone was saying that their nautical was 26 in Aquila. I didn't know it was even possible to keep it so low. You must have been very lucky when collecting items for quests.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
indyjunior on Jul 30, 2018 wrote:
Hey,

Your nautical level would be too low for MooShu, let alone for Aquila. Yes, do those nautical side quests, go back to past worlds and hunt ships! Put companions you don't want in battle on the "Sailin'" task! ( the best thing about the "Sailin'" task is that they can be doing it when you're off line! )

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Generally, I have found my pirates to be around nautical 44 in Aquila. The best thing you can do for nautical level is to send companions on "Sailin'", although you need to start that at the very beginning of the game for it to be effective. For future pirates, I would recommend doing that, but for now, you just gotta grind ships to get it up. Or you can just do boarding battles and get some help for Scylla.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Generally, I have found my pirates to be around nautical 44 in Aquila. The best thing you can do for nautical level is to send companions on "Sailin'", although you need to start that at the very beginning of the game for it to be effective. For future pirates, I would recommend doing that, but for now, you just gotta grind ships to get it up. Or you can just do boarding battles and get some help for Scylla.
Don't dismiss the "Sailin'" task, every little bit that you don't have to grind for is welcome, besides, when you're off-line they can be gathering Nautical Exp. for you.