Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Does spooky affect bleed damage?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 06, 2012
I am aware that powers like backstab aren’t affected by spooky do to it requiring a weapon to use, but I have heard that spooky does affect the bleed damage it does. Is this true?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i want to say yes since Mornsong does apply bleeding but that is a spell and not an actual attack.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I have found that spooky does boost the regular swashbuckler poisoning kind of attacks, you know, the ones with the roses.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
mr idea on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
I am aware that powers like backstab aren’t affected by spooky do to it requiring a weapon to use, but I have heard that spooky does affect the bleed damage it does. Is this true?
Any of the Swashbuckler attacks that cause bleeding are physical attacks and spooky has no affect; spooky does affect poison attacks.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
mr idea on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
Yes, Spooky affects Swashbuckler poison (confirmed by KI):

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a4133a4f1341013a5e577da13446/8ad6a4153a4f12fe013a64dac6a40b95#8ad6a4153a4f12fe013a64dac6a40b95

I'm pretty sure Spooky also affects the bleed/poison of the backstab powers in the same way (since several other players mentioned that it does).

Community Leader
anecorbie on Oct 10, 2018 wrote:
Any of the Swashbuckler attacks that cause bleeding are physical attacks and spooky has no affect; spooky does affect poison attacks.
This is incorrect. Swashbuckler bleeds ARE affected by mojo buffs/spell power (ex. bleeds from assassin's strike and backstab). The base damage of the aforementioned attacks are affected by weapon power, yes, but the bleeds are spell power/spooky based

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP