Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best stop to get Obsidian Keys and how

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
The best stop for farming Obsidian Skeleton Keys is probably Stephan the Uber Crok.

Stephan is located in the Crokogarten in the Isle of Dogs Sewers, but you don't just go in there and trounce him. There's a method to increase your chances of getting a key.

After you enter the fight, wait for a couple rounds to pass, enough rounds until there is a large amount of Crokagators in the fight, because they drop Keys too.

THAN you trounce Stephan.

An added bonus is that there is absolutely nothing else on their drop table. Although this doesn't make Obsidian Keys any more common, it does prevent clutter.

Hope this helps!

Merciless Brian Ornsley, level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 20, 2018 wrote:
The best stop for farming Obsidian Skeleton Keys is probably Stephan the Uber Crok.

Stephan is located in the Crokogarten in the Isle of Dogs Sewers, but you don't just go in there and trounce him. There's a method to increase your chances of getting a key.

After you enter the fight, wait for a couple rounds to pass, enough rounds until there is a large amount of Crokagators in the fight, because they drop Keys too.

THAN you trounce Stephan.

An added bonus is that there is absolutely nothing else on their drop table. Although this doesn't make Obsidian Keys any more common, it does prevent clutter.

Hope this helps!

Merciless Brian Ornsley, level 70
Good tips, but only one mistake, there is a rare drop from Stephan, the Crokagator Boots.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
Good tips, but only one mistake, there is a rare drop from Stephan, the Crokagator Boots.
Good to know. I got a Mojo Jo Staff myself. So, he still drops items, but rarely. But, it still reduces clutter

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Not sure if you figured this out yourself or got it from my tip (Oct 16) but Im happy you shared it on its own thread.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Hande also drops them a lot.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2018 wrote:
Captain Hande also drops them a lot.
Captain Hande is repeatable!? I never knew!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 29, 2018 wrote:
Captain Hande is repeatable!? I never knew!
Oh yes, indeed! And he drops some of the items that Kane does!