Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Companion Idea: Chef!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2018
A lot of people have been having some cooking fun: What's cooking at the tavern and other related threads. Which gave me an idea: A chef companion! Think of the fun cooking and ingredient collecting quest line it'll take to feed him. And the line they give us when they join? "Ahh, well I can't think of anything more fun then feeding a ship of hungry pirates on countless adventures!" There could even be a daily quest aspect to it, where each day we can take on a quest to get ingredients for the next meal! (and what ingredients you have to collect depends on the day of the week, with some holiday or even themed meals here and there). And for battle? Either a swashbuckler or a privateer, armed with a cooking knife and a spatula! As y'all can see, I had lots of fun with this idea. What do you guys think?

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Good idea! You should spread it to the Tavern

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The only chef I would want on my team would be Swedish, and have singing fruit as his weapon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
YaseiStriker on Feb 3, 2019 wrote:
A lot of people have been having some cooking fun: What's cooking at the tavern and other related threads. Which gave me an idea: A chef companion! Think of the fun cooking and ingredient collecting quest line it'll take to feed him. And the line they give us when they join? "Ahh, well I can't think of anything more fun then feeding a ship of hungry pirates on countless adventures!" There could even be a daily quest aspect to it, where each day we can take on a quest to get ingredients for the next meal! (and what ingredients you have to collect depends on the day of the week, with some holiday or even themed meals here and there). And for battle? Either a swashbuckler or a privateer, armed with a cooking knife and a spatula! As y'all can see, I had lots of fun with this idea. What do you guys think?
Well, imagine all the damage a Chef companion could do with all those knives, choppers, slicers & dicers! It would be just as good to have the Chef ( male or female? ) be able to join us in battle.I really like this idea!

If we get Crafting, he/she could have a special Task, "Shoppin'" where he/she brings us reagents ( ingredients ) for our projects!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
Well, imagine all the damage a Chef companion could do with all those knives, choppers, slicers & dicers! It would be just as good to have the Chef ( male or female? ) be able to join us in battle.I really like this idea!

If we get Crafting, he/she could have a special Task, "Shoppin'" where he/she brings us reagents ( ingredients ) for our projects!
Yes! He could bring us Pet Snacks! I like where this is going.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
YaseiStriker on Feb 3, 2019 wrote:
Definitely a Privateer, ( love giving my Privy companions Witchhunter! ), weapon to boost from Will, Cleaver and Fry Pan!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Feb 4, 2019 wrote:
Yes! He could bring us Pet Snacks! I like where this is going.
Any companion right now can bring you pet snacks and you can give them more than one rank in the "Wranglin'" task. I was thinking that as a special classed companion, you could give this companion more than one rank in "Shoppin'". The same way that Musketeers ( for example ) can have more than one rank in "Cannoneering" for the "sailin'" task.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I haven't gone back and searched the old suggestions for crew, but I feel as if the idea of a ship's cook may have appeared before. If so, it's still a good idea and full of comic potential!

Ensign
Sep 25, 2009
I read all the post so far and honestly, this is brilliant. But when or if they make(d) a chef, it must be a privateer because the reality of a chef is to supply right? Based on what has been written i believe the chef should come with 15 powers that boost mojo, critical, dodge, accuracy, weapon power, and boost talents.Plus added to that about 8 powers cards that supply high healing for team, absorbs, stuff to prevent foes from moving, and stuns. and for the talents spooky 3, so ll the heals and buffs it does will do max, witch hunter 3, hold the line 5, and relentless 5. IF KI ever made this exact companion for us it would be worth about fifty dollars, that most would gladly pay for a companion that would actually benefit them once. Otherwise the companion would not be worth more then one thousand crowns for it. Face it all the other companions in the crown shop are trash, non of them have good powers that benefit us in actual combat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SagesShadow on Apr 11, 2019 wrote:
I read all the post so far and honestly, this is brilliant. But when or if they make(d) a chef, it must be a privateer because the reality of a chef is to supply right? Based on what has been written i believe the chef should come with 15 powers that boost mojo, critical, dodge, accuracy, weapon power, and boost talents.Plus added to that about 8 powers cards that supply high healing for team, absorbs, stuff to prevent foes from moving, and stuns. and for the talents spooky 3, so ll the heals and buffs it does will do max, witch hunter 3, hold the line 5, and relentless 5. IF KI ever made this exact companion for us it would be worth about fifty dollars, that most would gladly pay for a companion that would actually benefit them once. Otherwise the companion would not be worth more then one thousand crowns for it. Face it all the other companions in the crown shop are trash, non of them have good powers that benefit us in actual combat.
This is an over powered suggestion and the idea that such a companion be worth $50. 00 in the crown shop is a bad idea. The most expensive Crown Shop companion is Gortez and he's worth about $20. 00 and BTW, many of the crown shop companions are excellent.
If you want to suggest this kind of companion, it would be better if it was in a bundle.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Yes, let's add a companion that's more broken than scratch.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Ensign
Sep 25, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2019 wrote:
This is an over powered suggestion and the idea that such a companion be worth $50. 00 in the crown shop is a bad idea. The most expensive Crown Shop companion is Gortez and he's worth about $20. 00 and BTW, many of the crown shop companions are excellent.
If you want to suggest this kind of companion, it would be better if it was in a bundle.
How is it a bad idea? KI makes their money, we get a companion worth our time and effort for once? Most of the companions in the crown shop are trash and has no good talents or abilities. As for the bundle idea, that would be great but would it be really worth it? Would each class get a really awesome out fit and weapon suited for its own class that has the best gear in the game for level 70? The entire concept is a companion that will be worth or while and have actual use I suggested the perfect chief. Now the pricing was bit sky high but if it actually came with all the abilities and talents,it would be worth it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SagesShadow on Apr 14, 2019 wrote:
How is it a bad idea? KI makes their money, we get a companion worth our time and effort for once? Most of the companions in the crown shop are trash and has no good talents or abilities. As for the bundle idea, that would be great but would it be really worth it? Would each class get a really awesome out fit and weapon suited for its own class that has the best gear in the game for level 70? The entire concept is a companion that will be worth or while and have actual use I suggested the perfect chief. Now the pricing was bit sky high but if it actually came with all the abilities and talents,it would be worth it.
A crown shop companion at that price would be hard to convince players to buy, making it that powerful would open up a "pay to win" situation.
Most of our crown shop companions have very good talents and powers; it seems we will never agree about that.