Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I love being a witchdocter it is really fun and i like u as my teacher. Other people say u are creepy but i think you are cool :D i got a question though. Even though witchdocter is a "evil" class and everything, why is it stereotypically girls are all witchdocters? like most of the witchdocters that are enemys are girls. its like that same stereotype in w101 that most of the people in the life class are girls and most in death class are guys?
I think the female witchdoctor stereotype came from the idea of fortune-tellers and gypsies. Or it could've come from the days of witch-hunting, when women made those fabric dolls that they would stick pins in, the idea of voodoo dolls, and were accused of witchcraft. Don't know if that's actually how it began but it's reasonable to think so.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
ok so, im a swashbuckler and im level 33 and i have played with some pretty good players, but out of all of them, the wichdoctors were the weakest. i mean, they have good powers, but there efectivness in combat just isn,t good,and there not tuff at all. but thats just what i think, and im sure that there are some good wichdoctors out there

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
you know what is awesome? having an army of skelatal pirates is awesome! i hope kingsisle puts that in the game!

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
I love witchdoctors, being one myself, I find them the most uncommon, but very intriguing. Though weak in na direct fight, there are many ways to turn the tides with all the different spells.

Two-faced Darcy Freeman
Lvl 60 Witchoctor

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yeah withcdoctor are awesome and I have made mine strong in a direct fight as well as far away
I usually use his ranged spells first then I go into the battle with mono blast and I go in with a melee weapon I learnt sneak attack and I haven't regretted being a withcdoctor I'm half withcdoctor half buccaneer

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
ok so, im a swashbuckler and im level 33 and i have played with some pretty good players, but out of all of them, the wichdoctors were the weakest. i mean, they have good powers, but there efectivness in combat just isn,t good,and there not tuff at all. but thats just what i think, and im sure that there are some good wichdoctors out there
Seen my profile I'm one of the best I have heaps

Ensign
Mar 09, 2013
I just wanted to say that Witchdoctors and Swashbucklers are by far, the most beloved groups of pirate101. I mean, I think I've only seen a Musketeer once or twice!

~~Lindsey Dove

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Witchdoctors are AMAZING!

Romantic Hannah Devereaux level 25

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I think witch doctors that are level 35+ have a problem with their staff attacks fizzling. If you're level 55+ i recommend using the gorgon staff from the skull island bazaar. It attacks like a buccaneer weapon but is actually a witch doctor staff. It almost always triggers the level 52+ mojo echo epic talent. So i recommend it for any level 55+ witch doctors who are tired of their attacks fizzling.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 59 witch doctor

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Witchdoctors may have the lowest physical damage and defense of any pirate class and don't last long in battles.But based on my experience as a witchdoctor this class have a ridiculously high health , highest will power and defense of any class.Other then low defense, witchdoctors do fizzle in battle witch is their disadvantages.Unlike other class this pirate class use mostly magic as tools and defenses in my opinion, witch make this class unique to the others.

"Magic is all I got "- Amber Underwood

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Witchdoctors may have the lowest physical damage and defense of any pirate class and don't last long in battles.But based on my experience as a witchdoctor this class have a ridiculously high health , highest will power and defense of any class.Other then low defense, witchdoctors do fizzle in battle witch is their disadvantages.Unlike other class this pirate class use mostly magic as tools and defenses in my opinion, witch make this class unique to the others.

"Magic is all I got "- Amber Underwood
I have 1600 health and I'm a lvl 35 witchdoctors probably because I chose grizzleheim for my homeland

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I chose Krokatopia as my adoptive home and it increases my power effects as well as witch doctor talents and powers.
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 63 witch doctor

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Trickai on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
In character creation I can see that you want Krokotopia and Born Spooky as your choices, but is there a difference in how you lost your parents? I have heard that it makes a difference in something but never found out what.
How your parents died affects what Presidio Companion you get. What companion you start out with is based on the class you pick.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Witchdoctors are the best!
I once defeated a swashbuckler even though she was eight levels ahead.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Oh yeah, adding to that lower level achievement, I almost defeated a max level swashbuckler at level 57. It was me, Kan Po, and Mormo versus that swashbuckler and scomacles (?). But, I died because his companion kept riposting.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Best class ever we get good companions, I like bat promoted, nothing makesthem OP that's why ilie them.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
have a couple of questions for you veterans about buff spells:

1. Does the spell such as +50 will or agility work on all of the companions involved in a fight?
2. How long do the buffs work in a fight? For example, is it for only one round or till the end of the engagement?
3. Since we have to use up one round to cast them, are they worth casting over damage spells? I am a witchdoctor by the way,.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
xHappilyDivergentx on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
When I saw the witch doctor class I thought, "This is Pirate101's death class!" and since I was a death wizard in Wizard101 I had to be a witch doctor for sure and well I become one :)
Ya I agree I am a lvl 30 death student katie nightblood also Practical Brooke Fairlead witchdoctor lvl 15

also Fearless Amber Jellico level 17 Swashbuckler

Fearless Maya Nelson lvl 50 Buccaneer

(Ps I made Brooke first) I'm also Clever Fiona Orleans lvl 11 Musketeer

Etc I made every pirate and wizard (Amber iceblossom storm lvl 32)

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Once again, Witchdoctor class is by far the best class there is, (which is a strange thing to say on this account especially considering that this account is a buccaneer account. now if I were to say it on my Witchdoctor account (Bald Eagle Witchdoctor), than that would be fine.)

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~
~Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer~

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
sandy20850 on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
have a couple of questions for you veterans about buff spells:

1. Does the spell such as +50 will or agility work on all of the companions involved in a fight?
2. How long do the buffs work in a fight? For example, is it for only one round or till the end of the engagement?
3. Since we have to use up one round to cast them, are they worth casting over damage spells? I am a witchdoctor by the way,.
If you mean Juju (I presume that's what you mean) it lasts 5 turns, and boosts you and everybody on a square adjacent to you. Cast Juju first turn in a fight. All of your companions and pets will be adjacent to you, and get the boost, and the enemies will be out of range anyway. If you cannot hit most of your companions, or are in the melee zone, attack instead.

If you mean a spell that is not Juju, all buffs have an hourglass icon with a number next to it on the card that shows how many turns the buff lasts. The length is unique to each buff. They also have a grid icon on the card and sometimes a range icon. The colored squares on the grid represent what pattern of spaces you can buff players on, and the range, when present, is how far you can "throw" that buff area from your player.

On the topic of Juju, witchdoctors get two upgrades to Juju later in the game. Big Juju lasts 10 turns and boosts 50%, Great Juju lasts 10 and boosts 100%. You can also have multiple buffs at once, and combine the affects.

and together rule!

Hope this helps Sandy.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 30
Two-Faced Israel Jordan, Level 10

Ensign
Sep 04, 2010
i have 2 questions

1. what school of magic i W101 is most like the witch doctor class

2. what is the perfect pet for a witch doctor all i did was train an ostrich with max will

ps: i love witch doctors and the witch doctor sanctum is so creepy that its cool

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
cam1109 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
GO WITCHDOCTORS! On a scale from 1-10 I think Witchdoctors are 9 and a half! Go Witchdoctors!
Only nine and a half?

Merciless Charles Orton-Level 65 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
blaze firesword on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
i have 2 questions

1. what school of magic i W101 is most like the witch doctor class

2. what is the perfect pet for a witch doctor all i did was train an ostrich with max will

ps: i love witch doctors and the witch doctor sanctum is so creepy that its cool
I think they are most like the death school. They have the spells that drain life and give it to the player like death does. As for pets, any that boost off of will. There are many fan sites that can help you figure out who uses will. Just check them out and you will be surprised what you can learn.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2013
My favorite class by far is the Witchdoctor. I have 2 and my first is my best on the account. I can solo much of the game!

Ensign
Dec 21, 2010
Witch Doctors.....I don't know what to say about them. You never know what is going to happen when you see one on the battlefield. They have powerful spells that deal lots of damage which makes them really powerful. But at the same time, (no offense at all witch doctors) they can be a bit of a pain. They're spells always fizzle unless it is one of the main powers below (thanks to those main powers, witch doctors aren't quite as weak). But those are really powerful and useful. It really depends on how you think about Witch Doctors, that all. But I sure am glad to be a strong swashbuckler with a few spells that are worth using practice points on here and there!

Perilous Olivia Hornigold