Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 06, 2011
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
I'm confused here, so does swashbuckler deal more damage than buccaneer or does buccaneer deal more damage than swashbuckler and what's the point of boosting your agility?

Brave Elijah Armstrong

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Griffen Deverux on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Swashbucklers should fight like they're dancing. Every move should be graceful and smooth. Avoid attacks and make sharp stabs. we are assassins with finesse not brutal warriors. Balance your crew with power and ranged attacks. Accuracy can help to get the most out of a turn. Increase your damage with critical chances and don't back down.

C. G. Deverux LvL 43
thats why we should have gallant defense

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
Speed Switch on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
of course swashbucklers are the best school duh!!!! :P

that is quite obvious, when my 2 bro's come to pvp, and the buccneer lose, he says, well you were suppose to win anyway, you were a swashbuckler, and my other bro says ya i no :P

its common knowledge if ya ask me.

Xavier lvl 37 swash
wrong. its like a circle. privateers beat swashbucklers swashbucklers beat buccaneers buccaneers beat witchdoctor witchdoctor beats musketeer musketeer beats privateer. it is a circle and i need advice. what do i do i have low accuracy but really high dodge! i dont want to lost much damage though.
lv 48swashbuckler Lovable Seth Parker -----

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Speed Switch on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
thats why we should have gallant defense
SHOULDNT

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
unicornman987 on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
wrong. its like a circle. privateers beat swashbucklers swashbucklers beat buccaneers buccaneers beat witchdoctor witchdoctor beats musketeer musketeer beats privateer. it is a circle and i need advice. what do i do i have low accuracy but really high dodge! i dont want to lost much damage though.
lv 48swashbuckler Lovable Seth Parker -----
no sirE, i've never met a buck who can beat a smart which, and second, do you have farmed swashbuckler gear?

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
Hey morgan, put a limit on your number of swashbucklers. also try to make yourself less overpowering

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Cass Underwood on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Does Walk in Shadows and all the other moves that hides your pirate only work if you don't move

Cass Underwood L14
it only works if you don't attack enemies

romantic nicole underwood level 46 swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Xaviyn on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
when you pick your family were killed by an octopus does the game give you mustang sally as a companion?
you get mustang sally if you are swashbuckler you get birgus latro if you choose your family is killed by sky squid

romantic nicole underwood lvl 46 swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
forceofdeath on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
Swashbuckler companions I have seen (not in crown shop) are:
Sarah Steele
Milo Graytail
Ninja Pig (I forget the name but he is exclusive to the promo. map)
El Toro
Kan Po
Froggo Villa
Toreador Novillero

These are the ones I know as of now. I might find more as I level up. My favorite is Froggo Villa. He looks like a ninja.
froggo villa is very,very weak.my most powerful companions are sarah steele,mustang sally,el toro and batu-narssin and you can get froggo villa in crown shop and i am i swashbuckler and i got birgus latro at presidio not milo graytail.

romantic nicole underwood lvl 46 swashbuckler

Ensign
Aug 23, 2010
I love swashbuckler. I soloed almost every single world as a swashbuckler. I like swashbucklers for the strong companions, strong attacks (sometimes i'm stronger than a buccaneer) and the dodging. This class is my number 1 most recommended class.

Sly Luke Davenport
Level 50 Swashbuckler
See you in the game. Off to Marleybone!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
knightslayer307 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Hey i think that this class is good for those who dont like dying and starting over. you should get this class if you like using stategy over recklessness
I a passionate swashbuckler but im very reckless and i love dying

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Musket Man on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Hey morgan, put a limit on your number of swashbucklers. also try to make yourself less overpowering
NEVER!!! Swashbucklers are perfect the way they are... they dont need a downgrade. -_-

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
I must say loven black fog cant wait for gambit of steel YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ensign
Jun 24, 2012
Lafitte is right, it's fast, moves most space, and deals most damage, however, you have really low health, and also you can use walk in shadows to double your power by suprising them, the companions you get (that i know of) are Subodai (horse barbarian) Bonnie Anne (you all know her) Sarah Steele (The tavern one) Presidio companion swashbuckler: have parents die by storm and you will get milo graytail, Old Scratch, Ratbeard, (who asks for promotion level you get him) Pedro (Crazy monquistador) and also a monquistan explorer, and if you want to side quest in the map storyline, you can get a crab hermit who is a witchdoctor

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Griffen Deverux on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
I must say loven black fog cant wait for gambit of steel YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
yo, gambit of steel is NOT, something to look forward to, it is, dance of still were epics can trigger before you do it, such as, people can first strike you, and vengeance strike you from it .......

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
I say there are 3 types of swashbuckler: (they arent actually different but they should be classified and different and get different powers and abilities.

Assassin: This type of swashbuckler is all about stealth, hiding in the shadows and dealing highly lethal blows upon reappearing and making sure to never get seen. - Froggo Villa, Shiruku Neko etc. -

Swashbucklers of this type deserve skills such as: Knife Throw, Walk in the Shadows, and Assassins Shroud and more .....

Fencing Master (the most abundant type) These sorts of swashbucklers dont hide, but train well with the sword allowing them to still survive in thr thick of battle through finess and awareness. parrying and deflecting every blow thrown t them while being alert so they can deflect blows from all around, then strike quickly when the enemies defenses are down. - Sarah Steele, Mustang Toreador, El Toro, Ridolfo Capofero. that sort. -

Swashbucklers of this type should have skills such as: Gallant Defense, Dance of Steele, and Shadow Dance and more.....

and last but definitely not least: Martial Arts Warriors: This type should hardly be classified as swashbucklers (giving the definition Pirate101 gives for swashbuckler type) but rather, warriors. they arent especially graceful and dont have as much alacrity as fencers but are much tougher and bigger in body, they are more muscular than fencers and assassins and can (or should) deal much heavier blows. these are the types of swashbucklers that really deserve the Heavy Armor" attribute. - Kobi Yojimbo, Monkey King, Samocles etc. -

These type of swashbucklers deserve skills and talents such as: Guaranteed Critical Strike +3 Rough, BladeStorm, Powerful attacks such as Assassin Strike (minus the concept) and Heavy Armor.

Alas i do not fuss for this to be because i know it would be very dificult to change them all up like that, but i just figured i'd state this

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
I think swashbuckler is soo overused...

Noble Taylor

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
honesttaylor12 on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I think swashbuckler is soo overused...

Noble Taylor
True, true, then there is also the abstract type of swashbuckler, that dont fit in any of those classes, like milo, and Kan po, the skeleton sumon, and the yakooza

Zan

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
Diamond Dogz on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
I've used mine on witchdoctors, buccaneer and privateer that would give me an advantage from hitting from a distance and ability to heal myself or my companions. Swashbuckler's the bomb mates
swashbucklers are a fierce class but not likely to others sincerley charming caroline ainsley a level 54 witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Blade Storm on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Lafitte is right, it's fast, moves most space, and deals most damage, however, you have really low health, and also you can use walk in shadows to double your power by suprising them, the companions you get (that i know of) are Subodai (horse barbarian) Bonnie Anne (you all know her) Sarah Steele (The tavern one) Presidio companion swashbuckler: have parents die by storm and you will get milo graytail, Old Scratch, Ratbeard, (who asks for promotion level you get him) Pedro (Crazy monquistador) and also a monquistan explorer, and if you want to side quest in the map storyline, you can get a crab hermit who is a witchdoctor
I despise Crab Hermit. LOL

Ensign
Jun 02, 2012
how is gallant defense useful? I used it before and all it does is guard and even with that my companions get hit even me

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I am a level51 swashbuckler and I'm pretty Nicole and I'm pretty sure I know what a swashbuckler is.. A swashbuckler is a pirate who is Agile,can sneak up on an enemy,and is Epic because swashbucklers can use powers like: shadow dance, asissin's strike,walk in shadows,poison,throw knifes,gallent defnce,and dance of steel.All these powers are super awesome and I love being a swashbuckler because you get compaions no other class gets like mustang sally for free.EPIC SWASHBUCKLERS RULE EPICNISS!!!

Ensign
Nov 06, 2011
I'm not sure why but I saw a swashbuckler wearing heavy armor.
Can someone tell me why or how they did it
Thanks

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Cass Underwood on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Does Walk in Shadows and all the other moves that hides your pirate only work if you don't move

Cass Underwood L14
it goes away if you attack

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Speed Switch on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
sry, i UTTERLY take back saying swashbucklers are the best, becasuse they aint...
i agree with you. swashbucklers are my favorite but they're not the best. they are all equal