Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet store? Bazaar?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 24, 2009
Is there a pets store? Because nearly everyone I have met has a pet. Where are they getting these? I know some are from the packs. Like the skarakeet. But I haven't seen any pet store.

Also, when is the bazaar coming. I know there HAS to be one, if not, WHY NOT?

Ensign
Jun 19, 2010
Pets on Pirate101 are much different.

On Wizard101, the advanced pet system is very core in the game. They don't help much in combat. Pets play a bigger role in combat in P101 so I wouldn't think there'd be a pet store, at least for gold anyway!
-Merciful Mason

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The pets may be coming from drops (although I haven't seen any myself). I know that you could buy them in the Crown Store and this is the most likely place besides the bundles (ie Boochbeard, Gandry (which I heard you can't get now), and The Cutthroat). Maybe one of the packs but I'm not sure.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Mister Admantechia... on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
Is there a pets store? Because nearly everyone I have met has a pet. Where are they getting these? I know some are from the packs. Like the skarakeet. But I haven't seen any pet store.

Also, when is the bazaar coming. I know there HAS to be one, if not, WHY NOT?
At the moment there are a few of ways to get a pet; either from a quest drop, purchasing the Boochbeard bundle, purchasing a gift card, or buying one from the crowns shop. At one point during beta there was a pet vendor on SI in an area behind the Kraken Skull Tavern. I don't think that vendor is there any more, but I would imagine a pet vendor will be coming back to SI at some point.

KI has indicated there will be a bazaar implemented, but as of yet they have not given a time frame.

Community Leader
There used to be a pet vendor in Cool Ranch (during beta), but he only sold the Buffaloon pet. They removed it before the game went live, so only way I know of to get a pet is either a drop, or from the crown store.

So far since going live I have received an Armadillo Verde pet, and a Sky Snake pet from drops. I know many people that have received the Chameleon pet via drops as well.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
The pets may be coming from drops (although I haven't seen any myself). I know that you could buy them in the Crown Store and this is the most likely place besides the bundles (ie Boochbeard, Gandry (which I heard you can't get now), and The Cutthroat). Maybe one of the packs but I'm not sure.
you can still get boochbeard bundle it expires at end of month

Ensign
Aug 21, 2012
Game Stop has a $10.00 card with a crab pet and $5000 crowns or 1 month membership and a $20.00 car with an Octopus pet with $10,000. crowns or 2 months membership plus their big card for $39.00 with ship clothes house shark companion and sword with $5000. crowns or membership.
Walmart is getting their cards in also they have a $10.00 card with turtle and a $20.00 with ai think dragon that looks like wizards ice wyrmn plus crowns on both cards of course. I have heard they also have a Prehistoric bundle for $29.00 with mount pet axe cave dweller outfit and a scare-o-dacktle tree house with crowns ect but haven't seen it yet they should have it soon I hope I live in washington state in usa :) so keep an eye out for them

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
darkrider475 on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Game Stop has a $10.00 card with a crab pet and $5000 crowns or 1 month membership and a $20.00 car with an Octopus pet with $10,000. crowns or 2 months membership plus their big card for $39.00 with ship clothes house shark companion and sword with $5000. crowns or membership.
Walmart is getting their cards in also they have a $10.00 card with turtle and a $20.00 with ai think dragon that looks like wizards ice wyrmn plus crowns on both cards of course. I have heard they also have a Prehistoric bundle for $29.00 with mount pet axe cave dweller outfit and a scare-o-dacktle tree house with crowns ect but haven't seen it yet they should have it soon I hope I live in washington state in usa :) so keep an eye out for them
Thanks for that info! I will definitely have to keep an eye out for that.

Anyway, as others have said, you can get them from drops, and that is the only one I know of (other than the cards stated in the reply I quoted) and the crown shop.