Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Are they going to make Valencia any bigger?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Anyone else feel like we should make Valencia a bigger world? It needs more chapters, and more quests. I thought Valencia was a cool world, but its way to limited, seeing as there are only around five places you can actually dock your ship, the big middle clockwork thing that looks like the main island not being one of them.
On a side note, we should get a portal or something to make a shortcut from skull island, because its a pain to go out there.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
katniss everdeen on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
Anyone else feel like we should make Valencia a bigger world? It needs more chapters, and more quests. I thought Valencia was a cool world, but its way to limited, seeing as there are only around five places you can actually dock your ship, the big middle clockwork thing that looks like the main island not being one of them.
On a side note, we should get a portal or something to make a shortcut from skull island, because its a pain to go out there.
I'm only lvl 31 and i'm only in cool ranch but here's what i do know.

That big building in Valencia is where they make all the clockworks.
There is a Stormgate to Valencia in Skull Island (Port Regal Skyway) but you can only use it once you have acquired the windstone most likely from Mooshu.
Lastly, what happened to the expected Stand-off with Kane??? Valencia is his home base.
Everything starts to make sense the farther you get into the game. Just keep questing and having a good time :)

Sincerly,
Scott Holystone

Ensign
May 01, 2011
I don't think they will be extending it after people have finished Valencia. It is short and doesn't have many quests. But I think it is still an amazing place! :)

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
i thought it was very short also. I really liked the look and feel of valencia, its very new and different from anything in wizard 101. i'm not looking forward to mooshu because i feel like i have been to that world many many times. I would love to see and expansion to valencia.

Developer
Valencia is a big world - like Skull Island, it has many skyways. The main plot has at least 2 more visits to Valencia planned, each to different skyways where there's a lot more going on.

For Book IV, my main goal was to get you to see Valencia and the Armada up close, and to give you some pretty strong indications of what they intend to do to the whole Spiral if they win. The trick was finding a way for the pirate to go to the home of the big enemies in the game and get out again logically.

Having you go in the front door, fight the Armada full on, and escape strained my disbelief, especially so early in the story: if the Armada is as big and powerful as we say, they'd just crush you. So the entire interlude in Valencia was envisioned as a heist, or the heroes' trip to the Death Star in Star Wars: get in, do what you need to do, and get out before the Armada realizes you're there.

Sure, Phule does find you, but he's not the most... reliable of clockworks.

Don't worry, you'll see a lot more of Valencia. All in good time...

Ensign
Jan 28, 2009
Blind Mew on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Valencia is a big world - like Skull Island, it has many skyways. The main plot has at least 2 more visits to Valencia planned, each to different skyways where there's a lot more going on.

For Book IV, my main goal was to get you to see Valencia and the Armada up close, and to give you some pretty strong indications of what they intend to do to the whole Spiral if they win. The trick was finding a way for the pirate to go to the home of the big enemies in the game and get out again logically.

Having you go in the front door, fight the Armada full on, and escape strained my disbelief, especially so early in the story: if the Armada is as big and powerful as we say, they'd just crush you. So the entire interlude in Valencia was envisioned as a heist, or the heroes' trip to the Death Star in Star Wars: get in, do what you need to do, and get out before the Armada realizes you're there.

Blind Mew, speaking of Phule, are we going to get a little info, or back story, or something on him? He does seems to be the most interesting clock work in my opinion, a mirror of two sides if you will. An answer would be appreciated, but I don't have to have one if ye don't want to reveal to much.

Short William Thompson, the Marleybonian Musketeer!

Ensign
Feb 29, 2012
i am a lvl 22 and basically the more you progress the more you understand the game

Community Leader
Blind Mew mentioned plans for at least 2 more Valencian skyways. If you pay close attention to all the Sievella quests, the people there mention the cities of Cadiz and Florenza. (That second name might be a little different, it started with an F.) Perhaps these are the jewels of art and culture coming in our future?

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Sierra Starsong on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
Blind Mew mentioned plans for at least 2 more Valencian skyways. If you pay close attention to all the Sievella quests, the people there mention the cities of Cadiz and Florenza. (That second name might be a little different, it started with an F.) Perhaps these are the jewels of art and culture coming in our future?
I remember them mentioning a city called Cadiz because that's where you have to go for the books on Pollo, but they won't let you go there because its really dangerous. So it has to be really late in the game. Maybe the next part of Valencia is to go and find Kane and get the map pieces he has?

Also, I found another stormgate to valencia through mooshu.

Developer
Geographic Muskete... on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
Blind Mew, speaking of Phule, are we going to get a little info, or back story, or something on him? He does seems to be the most interesting clock work in my opinion, a mirror of two sides if you will. An answer would be appreciated, but I don't have to have one if ye don't want to reveal to much.

Short William Thompson, the Marleybonian Musketeer!
We're going to see a lot more of Bishop's Court - they all have their... eccentricities, but Phule is by far the most eccentric of all.

The origins of the Armada and its leaders will indeed be revealed. All in good time.

Ensign
Dec 08, 2011
Valencia is truly gorgeous! And interesting. I am glad to hear we will be going back. I was disappointed to leave!

Well done, devs!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Blind Mew on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
We're going to see a lot more of Bishop's Court - they all have their... eccentricities, but Phule is by far the most eccentric of all.

The origins of the Armada and its leaders will indeed be revealed. All in good time.
Blind Mew, you know so much about the Armada, what do you know of the Female clockwork in Kane's court of Elites, and what is her name? Everyone has been asking about her name for a long time now. I heard one person say she might be Kane's wife.

Developer
Quentin Atherton on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Blind Mew, you know so much about the Armada, what do you know of the Female clockwork in Kane's court of Elites, and what is her name? Everyone has been asking about her name for a long time now. I heard one person say she might be Kane's wife.
That would be telling...

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
I am curios about the female clockwork (if the clockworks have genders.) I think it's clear that eventually you will fight all the clockwork elites, considering you kill Deacon at the end of Cool Ranch, and keep meeting Phule in many places. There is also a look at Valencia in "See the Game" and it shows a very nice city in Valencia which isn't in Aragon Skyway, and there is an Armada fortress which you can't dock at yet, so it's obvious it's going to be expanded. How much, is the main question.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
The other pictures on the see the game page are either Florenza or Cadiz, cities mentioned that we can't go to

Bosun
May 06, 2009

Wait, 2 more visits? That's very neat for Valencia to be expanded later on. You don't have to tell me if you feel it reveals too much, but will our pirates be entering the Machine? As you most likely already know, two windlanes, a green one and an orange one, lead toward a sealed entrance into the mechanics of the Machine. I would assume the Headquarters of the Machine lie inside and we may only go there to retrieve the two (or possible three) Map pieces down the line to El Dorado (an extremely dangerous mission), only for the Armada to end up following us there.

My apologies if this seemed pretty close to where you may have wanted to go with the story. I really get into the story lines in both games. They're just really good and so well played out. You should consider writting a story book! lol

P.S. Just curious: Will the same be happening for Monquista? A place callled Gibbonia was mentioned around Diablo Cut and I'd assume it rests on the other side of the mountain ranges on main land Monquista.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
Blind Mew I am just asking this one time but are we every going to see a Armada origin?

Cass Underwood Lvl 50
Ryan Underwood Lvl 8

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
Blind Mew if your seeing this what do you think will await inside the giant structer at the center of the Valencia Skyway? while i was exploring Valencia i saw there was tree windlanes leading to 3 areas 2 at each side of the skyway, and 1 windlane leading INSIDE the big gear thing. so can you atleast give us a hint on whats behind the windlanes leading to THAT BIG gear Blind Mew?

Developer
Cass Underwood on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
Blind Mew I am just asking this one time but are we every going to see a Armada origin?

Cass Underwood Lvl 50
Ryan Underwood Lvl 8
Yup. That's gonna be a heck of a puppet show...

Developer
iceblade1233 on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew if your seeing this what do you think will await inside the giant structer at the center of the Valencia Skyway? while i was exploring Valencia i saw there was tree windlanes leading to 3 areas 2 at each side of the skyway, and 1 windlane leading INSIDE the big gear thing. so can you atleast give us a hint on whats behind the windlanes leading to THAT BIG gear Blind Mew?
What's inside the Machine? Why, certain death, of course!

You want a more detailed answer? As with so much, that would be telling...

But yeah, Oceanpainting is correct, above - if you're ever going to get to El Dorado, you're going to have to get all the pieces of the Map. And that means you're going to have to take some of them back from Kane.

That'll be a rough heist...

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
I agree with you, it only took me exactly 3 hours and 26 minutes to finish to whole world.

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
now Blind Mew another question of mind. do you by any chance know what worlds will come up? And which worlds we'll see the Armada in? if so post back

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

I'm sure he's not the most reliable, Blind Mew, but he didn't get to shortly introduce himself and say his name before he leaves to the Pirates' and their crew's doom in Bruno Chapel. Wish he would have said his name before he left.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
If you havent noticed their is SG in many worlds that lead to Valencia i cant remeber who but either blind mew or some else mentioned they were going to expand Valencia with more skyways since many people were complaining that it was took less than 10 minutes to complete but yes KI is going to expand Valencia including the windlane that leads to that big armada fortress in the middle of the skyway. I would like to know when it is coming out and when we will be notfied of the next update it would be appreciated

Slick Cody Jonesprivateer

Community Leader
Most game/software developers do not give any expected release dates, etc, because such dates are very fleeting. One day it could be next week, and then later that day find an issue that delays the project for weeks or months.

If they give us a date/timeframe, and then something happens to delay it, they end up disappointing end users expectations. So they generally never give any advanced notice of such things until they are ready to be put on their test servers, and even that content may not make it to live

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV