Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ememy blocks, too many

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
since entering moo shoo i have encountered enemy block after block
i use the spells for increasing stats for all my team and still the enemy blocks one after another
i have tried using several different companions to no avail

what is the reason for this

this has taken all the fun out of the game

i can understand a few enemy blocks but really one after another from every companion?

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
I also have recently entered MS, but this doesn't seem to be a major issue in my combats. An Accuracy boost at the beginning of combat is my usual play, if available...but what I like is that at level 40 Companions can get Accuracy 3 (or equalivent) that seems to even things out. I have noticed more skills being used and longer combats, but the increase in blocks and dodges seems to be on both sides.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
hey thanks ensign

i have that on the companions, i use every boost i can get up...

do you know if the boosts are stack-able?

if i use one of my witchdoctor boosts for all, on the same turn use another from El Toro for example, are they all in play so to speak?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
canuckess on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
hey thanks ensign

if i use one of my witchdoctor boosts for all, on the same turn use another from El Toro for example, are they all in play so to speak?
They do stack, so you can use multiple powers on the same turn if you so choose to do so.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
canuckess on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
hey thanks ensign

Yes, the boosts are stackable, so whomever has boosts, have them cast it!

In Mooshu, the enemy does a lot more dodging and blocking. Many times, it's really frustrating when our companions miss time and time again.

The best idea, is to look at who you are fighting. Are they musketeers (shooting you)? Are they melee? Change your first mate to accommodate what you are fighting. I find that making Bonnie Anne my first mate in Mooshu helps a lot, because there are a lot of melee enemies and I can keep her at a distance so she doesn't get hit as often, plus she doesn't get blocked nearly as much as other companions.

Hope this helps!

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
You are not alone on this, during the first half of MS, I noticed the enemy combatants blocked just about all of my shots. This was followed by my companions and I dodging and blocking their attacks right back...This led to painfully long battles lol.

Oddly enough, once you finish Khotan skyway and begin Subata skyway, things go back to the way they were...I'll throw the blame on gremlins in the coding, but just hang in there for a little longer.

Developer
Musketeers have the best accuracy. You won't notice as much at low levels, but by the time you get to Mooshu, you should notice that their accuracy is starting to outpace dodge.

On the other hand, Swashbucklers have the highest dodge, so the same applies: once you get to Mooshu, their dodge is going to start outpacing your accuracy. (Except for your Musketeers!)

Privateers and Buccaneers have "good" stats for both accuracy and dodge, but if you're missing a lot (or getting hit a lot) then you'll want to start finding ways to bring those stats up.

(Witchdoctors are in a class by themselves; suffice to say they don't much care about accuracy or dodge, given the nature of their powers and area-of-effect attacks.)

Now, of course I can't prove it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you've been buying all the Damage boosting gear you could get your hands on for most of the game, haven't you? And just boosting your companions' "Rough" talent every change you get?

Maybe it's time for a second look at all that gear and all those talents you've been neglecting?

As you may have noticed, there is a learning curve to the game, especially when you enter a totally new skyway. It gets a little tougher in Cool Ranch, and you have to adjust; and then it gets a little tougher again in Mooshu, and you'll have to adjust strategies again.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I have purposely chosen to have as high of accuracy as I could, and I haven't suffered this problem.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Sounds like this is pretty well covered, but to sum it all up.

Boosts do stack, so pile on the accuracy boosts and get gear and equipment that raise your accuracy!

Always train companions for accuracy if they can learn it, helps to hit, rather than miss.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
thanks mates for all the info, once again!

shiver me timbers there is a lot going on in this game isn't there?

so, surprise, witchdoctor here, not complaining about ugly hope leech , just her companions, yar yar yar

and, yes, i did just that, switched companions around, for this area

in real life i am a granny, not that it matters, but, some of these quests i have never seen before in a game...like stormzilla, wow, talk about weird and different hardy har har

thanks again everyone