Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ok, I am quitting the game for sure this time

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
KI, I have finally found the one fight that I can't win. The Stormzilla is IMPOSSIBLE. The Stormzilla has hits that do like 300 damage and we don't get any of our pirate powers like assassin's strike and the normal powers the giant armor has just isn't enough. At least give us a critical hit power. I thought about buying some of those potions from the crown shop but I'm not even sure I'll be able to do it then. So anyway, I'm done for real this time. I CAN'T do it. *locks my weapons away in a trunk and hurls the key off the side of my ship* Goodbye forever.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Community Leader
For anyone who still plans on playing the game, there is a very good guide on how to complete the Stormzilla/Stupendor-X quest over on the KI approved fansite Paige's Page that was posted there on Nov 13. I haven't done this one yet personally, but sometimes, it can help to learn from the experience of others if there is a problem you can't seem to tackle on your own.
Achilles398, if you're still around looking at the board, check out that guide, it might help.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
CaptainAureus on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
KI, I have finally found the one fight that I can't win. The Stormzilla is IMPOSSIBLE. The Stormzilla has hits that do like 300 damage and we don't get any of our pirate powers like assassin's strike and the normal powers the giant armor has just isn't enough. At least give us a critical hit power. I thought about buying some of those potions from the crown shop but I'm not even sure I'll be able to do it then. So anyway, I'm done for real this time. I CAN'T do it. *locks my weapons away in a trunk and hurls the key off the side of my ship* Goodbye forever.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
This is definately one of the more challenging battles/instances, takes a few attempts for sure. It can definately be beaten as it is, did it just a few evenings ago myself. Even for us battle proven pirates it can take a few attempts. I think the main problem with this instance is the sudden change of attacks/moves that we are given no information on or how to use. Its like throwing us suddenly into a totally new pirate class, with new moves, and zero explanation.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 20, 2008
Achillies im James and i just started mooshu if your still here and i make it to this quest i wouldnt mind giving you a hand

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
The quest is very out of place in the game and should be removed. Even with the guides and youtube videos on how to beat it winning is very hard and the walk back takes a very long time to be able to try again. One of my friends quit because of this quest. People doing it 20+ times to finish it just once isn't at all uncommon. It rids subscribers, and should be dealt with.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Wow, I am kind of curious now. Wonder how I would do in that fight.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
Don't go! It's possible to do the quest. I haven't done it yet but I know how. Step 1: Destroy Stormy's little one's.and don't use ya power's on them cause there so cute... wait no they aren't! Step 2: When all eggs are gone move to the edge. Step 3: Start using your lazer power's Step 4: When all are gone, go melee on him. Step 5: When all power's are gone attack him and make sure you cross your finger's so ya can win! Step 6: Congrat's, ya killed stormy and his little babies! Skip step 6 if ya don't win: Sry you didn't win. You now have to repeat it all over again and one more thing; Eep Opp Opp Ah Style!
Jacob Freeman now lvl 15

Community Leader
MasterOfSteel on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
Achillies im James and i just started mooshu if your still here and i make it to this quest i wouldnt mind giving you a hand
Unfortunately this quest is a solo quest, only the pirate battles (and their pet if thier lucky). No companions, no friends.
Its a major change from the pirates normal way of fighting, the number of times it takes someone to beat it basically comes down to understanding of the new attacks given (May take you a few attempts to get a handle on them), a good strategy, and luck.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Okay, my friend told me something very important that I didn't know about the Stormzilla battle. He said that fire only hurts the enemies and not you or your pet. After he said that is what made me try again. I set allot of fires in areas of the battle field where the Stormzilla would have no choice but to go through. I knocked its health down to about 500 where I finished it off with a few melee attacks. But seriously, there should have been a warning about fire not hurting the armor, because before I know I did whatever I could to avoid the fires, fearing I would do allot of damage to myself if I went near them. Anyway, I have beat Stormzilla and have even recruited Monkey King to my crew, so for now, all is well.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Community Leader
CaptainAureus on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
Okay, my friend told me something very important that I didn't know about the Stormzilla battle. He said that fire only hurts the enemies and not you or your pet. After he said that is what made me try again. I set allot of fires in areas of the battle field where the Stormzilla would have no choice but to go through. I knocked its health down to about 500 where I finished it off with a few melee attacks. But seriously, there should have been a warning about fire not hurting the armor, because before I know I did whatever I could to avoid the fires, fearing I would do allot of damage to myself if I went near them. Anyway, I have beat Stormzilla and have even recruited Monkey King to my crew, so for now, all is well.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
This somewhat reflects on my comments on this battle on another thread.

The real problem with this instance is the sudden change in abilities/powers, which do not parallel our pirates abilities/powers at all. Without explanation of how the rules in this instance are different than normal battles, all pirates are at a disadvantage until they have suffered enough losses to realize the differences in this battles environment vs the battles they have been participating in all along.

Glad you got through it Achilles... I like that nick used to use it years ago...

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I am waiting for the third post titled "Ok, I am quitting for real real this time ** Sets boat on fire"

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
seasnake on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
The quest is very out of place in the game and should be removed. Even with the guides and youtube videos on how to beat it winning is very hard and the walk back takes a very long time to be able to try again. One of my friends quit because of this quest. People doing it 20+ times to finish it just once isn't at all uncommon. It rids subscribers, and should be dealt with.
Seasnake, no offense but you need to stop complaining about everything you find hard. I think the problem is not the quest itself, but how the players handle the fight instead. The key is to destroy whatever eggs you can, then try to make is so the stormzilla walks over fire to get to you. The fight definitely makes players think about how to use the enviroment and their powers to their advantage more than normal fights, so there's that. No need to remove the quest just because you and some other people find it challenging at first.

Community Leader
By the way, One Eyed Jack just posted in that the update last night addressed this specific quest, so perhaps it will be a little easier for the next round of players who try it. Not sure what they fixed, as he doesn't say specifically, but maybe he'll chime in and let us know!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
This is true! The Stupdendor-X quest is easier to beat now. In fact, my own level 48 Witchdoctor is to this very quest. I ran the quest five times before the fix, and five times after the fix. While using the same mechanics and tactics, the Stormzilla is now less punishing with his attacks.

Let me know what you think of the new Stupdendor-X battle.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jan 05, 2012
i did that quest about a week ago and i had no problem with it. but my friends say the same thing you guys are saying. just do what i told them come up with a plan, like using your beam twice in the same row and make the stormzilla get on them. then finish him off. and destroying the eggs doesnt really make a difference to me since i always block the babies.but use whatever plan you want.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Ye gads one eyed jack!

me lvl 50 witchdoctor acquired 'tis quest after a gazillion tries 'n hundred 'o youtube movin' picture views,

hurts me spy wit' ye eye 'tis has be made easier!

i reckon all band 'o pirates me age have be off through that quest as it was, hardyharhar huh?

well, maybe not a gazillion!

Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
dude don't quit there are SO many people who can give you tips even i have some so PLZ don't quit

lvl twenty three, zane kent

Captain
May 02, 2009

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
The first, say, 3 times I tried Stormzilla battle, I died. But the fourth time I got my pet and I almost won. Then I watched a video on youtube on how to do it. I won on my fifth try! I also made a video on it called Stupendor-X vs. Stormzilla (note: my video has the dot after vs)

Ensign
May 07, 2011

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
Hahahahaha. Get over it. When you can't beat something, you level up and become stronger so that you can pwn it. People out there, quit throwing fits and just work on something else. Half the time you keep losing, you're just missing something important. If I quit games because I couldn't beat something, I wouldn't play games at all. So here's what to do:

1. Train until you're at least 3 levels higher.

2. Get help from friends.

3. Practice on the challenge and learn a strategy.

4. Prepare yourself.

Administrator
forceofdeath on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Hahahahaha. Get over it. When you can't beat something, you level up and become stronger so that you can pwn it. People out there, quit throwing fits and just work on something else. Half the time you keep losing, you're just missing something important. If I quit games because I couldn't beat something, I wouldn't play games at all. So here's what to do:

1. Train until you're at least 3 levels higher.

2. Get help from friends.

3. Practice on the challenge and learn a strategy.

4. Prepare yourself.
Normally training and getting help are good suggestions; however, during the Stupendor-X fight you "polymorph" into a character with it's own powers, talents, and stats, and it's a solo encounter. It really can be a challenging encounter until you learn how to defeat it.

At the time of the original posting, Stormzilla was putting out an attack that was doing an excessive amount of damage. That was adjusted, and Stupendor-X's polymorph stats were also adjusted in a recent update. These will help lessen the learning curve, but it's still a challenging (and I believe fun) encounter.

Enjoy!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
i did a little research my self and the reason its impossible is because there is a specific way you have to move which was carried from beta(back in bet a stormzilla did not move to other squares until you kill all its eggs)and thus us not being in beta it is close to impossible to defeat stormzilla.I my self call this a bug because if you dont go to the specific spot you will not be able to move what so ever.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I noticed something about the stormzilla battle, Stupendor-X never starts out with full health and we gain 'fake' health when we destroy houses.

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
KI lowered the difficulty a few days ago

Jacob Underwood lvl50 buccaneer

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
use the potions in that fight they a big help!