Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stupendor-X

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
Thomas Stormweaver on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
There's more than one way. Here's how I do it.

1) Remember the movement is bugged. Don't try to move all the way across the screen. You won't end up moving at all. Move 4 to 5 squares at a time.

2) Kill all the eggs in this order: bottom right, top right, top left

3) Manuever to where you have a lot of free spaces in front of you and use your burning eyes spell to set a long row of fires.

4) Run around and draw stormzilla into as many fires as possible.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4

6) Now use up the rest of your damage causing powers.

7) Now slug it out and pray you outlast him.
Dude i cannot thank you enough. I got it first try and i beat him with like under 100 health lol. THANKS a lot.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
I got this on 4th try : used previous data bottom right, top right, top left and lit fires horizontally across board left to right and stormzilla walked into everyone of them... My pet also helped alot he did about 500 in total damage before i ever hit him. Still came down to a duke out at end he dodged like a mad beast i blocked at the most crucial times and only had a smidge of life left.. Good luck all this is a doozy!!!

Ensign
Aug 11, 2010
it took me about 10 tries to get it figured out save your cards for stormzilla when played right it works fine don't worry about the eggs

Ensign
Dec 09, 2008
I think i will hold off till they fix the bugs on this quest. If you could actually move the amount of spaces it says you can I might could beat this quest, but when you can only go four spaces at a time it is hard to get away from him. Guess I go play another game till then.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Kingofthe7Seas on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
the stormzilla fight isnt as hard as you guys are making it out to be. you just need to stratigize a bit more and make good use of the cards you get. on beta i used the lasor beam that caused fire to damage the stormzilla. you just have to know when to use it. if you do this and its done correctly you should have defeated it within 10 turns or so
scusami ma come io lo sto ripetendo da una 10 di volte ma niente mi dai chiarimenti in merito grazie

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Sometimes you have to admit defeat, and Im about to do that with Pirate101

After the 3 days and hours and hours of fighting buffaloons, and not getting white meat (thank you Kingsisle, I think that is now a problem addressed), then 2 days and countless hours of not being able to get a key to drop from the Inoshishi bandits, I finally got to Stormzilla

More countless, fruitless hours, and still, I cant beat this one.

I understand not making it easy, I understand strategy, I understand most of it. What I don't understand is the fun element?
There is none. A game should be challenging and fun, this is just frustration and no fun.
Not everyone is good at strategy, and working things out, so why make it so difficult and frustrating, not to mention having to run all the distance back each time you are defeated

3 hours last night, 3 hours this morning, and I give up.
Do I really want to feel like this about a game?

Administrator
reykey2212 on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
scusami ma come io lo sto ripetendo da una 10 di volte ma niente mi dai chiarimenti in merito grazie
Google translate on this one: "I'm sorry but as I'm repeating a 10 times but nothing give me clarification thanks"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 29, 2011
maclin882 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Sometimes you have to admit defeat, and Im about to do that with Pirate101

After the 3 days and hours and hours of fighting buffaloons, and not getting white meat (thank you Kingsisle, I think that is now a problem addressed), then 2 days and countless hours of not being able to get a key to drop from the Inoshishi bandits, I finally got to Stormzilla

More countless, fruitless hours, and still, I cant beat this one.

I understand not making it easy, I understand strategy, I understand most of it. What I don't understand is the fun element?
There is none. A game should be challenging and fun, this is just frustration and no fun.
Not everyone is good at strategy, and working things out, so why make it so difficult and frustrating, not to mention having to run all the distance back each time you are defeated

3 hours last night, 3 hours this morning, and I give up.
Do I really want to feel like this about a game?
I know what you mean, the stormzilla is tough. But there 3 great youtube video guides to completing it. I had a hard time with all three of the quests you points out, ( now lvl 47 ) ad eventually it gets easier. You just have to keep pushing through and never give up!

If you wanna win the stormzilla fight, kills the eggs quickly. Then use your flaming eye rays to make a ton of fires. Then play a game of tag and drag the stormzilla into the fires.

It took me 7 tries to finally get the hang of it, you will too, eventually..

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
this quest is crazy
i found a youtube video, it help me a lot as how to win
i did not have any trouble moving around

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
watch the youtube video with the pirate placing two rows of fire after killing eggs and clearing housing
i was able to win this after trying this way
it still took me 2 or 3 tries before and after

Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
There's a lot that's unsaid so far.

Eye Shot The eye shot starts a lot of fires, but some buildings burn and other are destroyed. The smaller buildings seem to be destroyed and the larger ones burn. The ones previously destroyed will not burn. So select a row where there are a lot of large buildings that have not been destroyed yet.
Small buildings Also, it seems some of the smaller buildings are land mines which will damage you if you step on them. Maybe there are small building that are not land mines which will burn. I'm not sure yet.

Melee shot This one is not intuitive. After you select it, the location on the board that you select is not the target. It is the location to which you will move before you hit. You then go there and hit everything around you. When you place your cursor on that place, the game shows what you will damage. If you click the cursor on a square to which you cannot move and then hit DONE, you will do nothing on that turn. A lot of people think the game is buggy for this reason alone. You have to click on an empty square where you can go.

Baby Lizard hatchings After watching some videos of the game, it seems if you don't destroy an egg for, say, two rounds, then an egg hatches. Something like that. It doesn't happen the first time none is destroyed.
Strategy I'm toying with using an eye shot early to start fires and destroy at least one egg, too, so I'll get more fires going before the large buildings are destroyed without causing an egg to hatch.

I am a level 50 Witchdoctor. I get killed before I'm even close to destroying Stormzilla. I'm pretty good at destroying the eggs without one hatching. I may have to wait until I'm at a higher level.

Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
Setting Fires I just realized a problem I had been having setting fires. It appears that when you use the eye shot, a fire will appear in a cell only if that cell had an egg in it or if it was empty. Each cell with a building becomes a big "X" where you may not step and where there is no fire. So choose your eye shot carefully.

Also, some cells can have a fire but you and Stormzilla can't step there. Two rock outcroppings and a residential compound (center left) may burn but it will do you no good.
For example, the second and third rows from the top are particularly empty. Setting these two rows on fire just after destroying the final eggs will give a high number of fires onlike some of the other rows, columns, and diagonals.

While researching the game for this post, I beat Stormzilla. So, good luck.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Thanks to everyone for the tips, I did eventually beat this, but it was almost 8 hours before I did :(

I was just trying to point out that not everyone is good with this kind of quest, and not everyone follows videos or instructions easily. I really struggled, even after watching the video. Took me a long time to be able to set the fires right, and to get him to walk in right place, also understand how the cards worked

IMHO the quest needs to be simplified, just a tad, not too easy. A little
Enough to be interesting, not frustrating and boring/

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
I did this in beta and won on my third attempt. I have now made 8 attempts in the live realm. I have taken screen shots of the bugged game, and I have taken 2 videos of the bugged game. On at least 4 attempts I have killed all the eggs, gotten Stormzilla into the yellow or even down to red, I have gotten my own health back up to full green, but the heath doesn't stick (even thought full health shows in the green meter my actual health shows that no healing took place). As a result when it comes down to the final hand to hand combat with Stormzilla, he pummels me in one hit. Another bug seems to be when Stormzilla hits it will show a certain amount of damage (-51 during animation), but when my health is reviewed more than the -51 damage is deducted (in some cases as much as 3x that amount). It seems that KI needs to review this battle yet again. I will gladly try to forward my videos to KI if they will be of help to the developers.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2012
the bad thing is, i tryed what others said. But when i get him
to 1/2 life, he hits me 3 times and i only hit once and he blocks it.
HOW do you win wit that. i tryed 12 times so far,

Ensign
May 23, 2010
This one is too difficult. I've tried more times than I can count, using the tactics others have suggested here, and still no joy. Stupendor-X vs Stormzilla was fun and clever the first time, but after I've been defeated a dozen times and only once got close to winning it's nothing but a pain.

Observed bugs:
1. Stupendor-X can move 4 squares linearly but only 3 diagonal. Everything else in the game can move the same distance in any direction.
2. The range of motion shown has nothing to do with the distance Stupendor-X can move. If you select a location outside the actual direction, it wastes a turn.
3. If there are too many direction changes (I think more than 2 but I'm not sure), Stupendor-X won't move at all even if the distance was within the normal range.
4. You can set a path for Stupendor-X going through blocked squares (hills, and the walled temple area).

Other problems:
1. Stormzilla's critical hits, special hits, and dodges happen far too often. Yes, most bosses have their special hits happening almost all the time, but most bosses don't also score critical hits every other move, have way more life than you, hit harder than you, AND face you on your own.
2. Stormzilla being a plot-quest means that if you can't beat it, you can't progress in the game.

This is far too difficult, especially for the younger players of this game. It needs to be fixed, since the most enthusiastic players are getting blocked here.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2008
I have tried and tried to beat Stormzilla but I just can't do it and the fun of trying is gone. This quest really needs to be addressed. I have seen where lots of people are having trouble with this, so I am glad it not just me. One Eyed Jack can you Plz comment to let me know that you guys are working to fix this or at least know about it?

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
Stormzilla is impoosible. i watched youtube videos for an hour straight but cant do it. I'm seriously considering quitting unless this is fixed soon. if i hit one egg i cant move at all. not 1 space. its frustrating KI, i know its a more adult version of wizard but this isnt just hard for adults,(my mom has these problems as well) its nearly IMPOSSIBLE. One Eyed Jack or someone please tell me when this is going to get fixed.

Silent Amber 46 Swashbuckler

Generous Megan Nightingale 17 Privateer

Cheerful Destiny Dodger 14 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I finally beated this took so long.For all of you having trouble good luck I know you gonna beat this too

Administrator
Merging all the threads about Stupendor-X, the Stormzilla fight, etc.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Oct 20, 2009
This fight is ridiculous. Seriously. Between the bugs and the fact Stormzilla had crazy dodge and counterattacks, and the lack of response from KI, I'm assuming this fight is intended to be a roadblock for players for some sadistic reason.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2012
how do i kill stormzilla?!? i tried like 10 times now and i still die, can somebody plz tell me wht im spose to do

Community Leader
Stupendor X isnt at all easier.
Stormzilla has the same health he had before 3000+
The babies hatch faster, and Stormzilla immediately attacks you and blocks you so you cannot move anymore. At least thats what he did to me. I was blocked in houses, and he just stood there refusing to move.

Easier? Are you guys serious?

Edit: I was later able to beat Stormzilla again, his attacks are a bit less agressive, just he now immediately takes off after you, and the eggs hatch about 10x more quickly than they did before. I went from being able to destroy all the eggs before they hatched to being able to destroy 2 before Stormzilla trapped me I had no moves (and he would just pass, when I passed.. .had to pass 5 times to get him to move out of my way). I could have perhaps started destroying houses, this would normally seem like a goal for us to avoid. Storyline wise we are trying to stop Stormzilla from doing just that arent we? I think that adjustments to these instances should be small in nature, as it appears to me too many adjustments were made. Some made it easier, but some made it harder again.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jan 08, 2012
stormzilla would be a lot more fun and less frustrating if there was a life fountain near robot or when you were defeated you would return outside the robot and if you had second chance or stormzilla dodged less that is all i ask

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Dracorro on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
I got this on 4th try : used previous data bottom right, top right, top left and lit fires horizontally across board left to right and stormzilla walked into everyone of them... My pet also helped alot he did about 500 in total damage before i ever hit him. Still came down to a duke out at end he dodged like a mad beast i blocked at the most crucial times and only had a smidge of life left.. Good luck all this is a doozy!!!
Oh wow! I kinda agree with some players who say Stormzilla is so out of character for this game. On my first try, I was so confused. Had no idea what to do. Ugh!
On my second try, I did much better. My strategy was to destroy the eggs first. When it was only 3 eggs left, I set my first line of fire. Then, I set my second line of fire in way that both lines made a square. That left Stormzilla and 3 babies(whatever we call them). I use my powers to destroy houses around me, including the Stormzilla and the babies. After that it was easy. I walked in a zig zag patern around the fire, forcing Stormzilla to follow me and get hit. Destroyed a couple of big houses to boost my health and after 5 hits Stormzilla went down for good.
Honestly, it was much easier than the "chicken dugeon" for it took me 6 tries. I only succeeded after reading a post by QueQueg.... btw, Thank You!
The key is to not give up. :)