Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stupendor-X

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
There is a problem with stormzilla quest, when i try to move my mecha to the place to kill the egg it does not move and wastes a turn, and it is preventing me from doing the quest. Can you guys take alook at this i think it is a bug

Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
ok do when you click to destroy the egg but do not move it is probably because there is something blocking your path. you'll have to destroy some of the buildings when destroying the eggs

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Kingofthe7Seas on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
ok do when you click to destroy the egg but do not move it is probably because there is something blocking your path. you'll have to destroy some of the buildings when destroying the eggs
That is what i thought at first too, but the mecha selects a path, with no building in the way and it suddenly just not move at all. Here is the thing, I tried it again and it worked but when i tried it again it did not work. So this is definitely a bug.

Ensign
May 02, 2010
His statement is true I cant seem to move the robot in any way.So Please fix this glitch asap.
Thanks,
Dead eye Blaine
Level 46

Ensign
Aug 15, 2010
i have the same issue with trying to move. sometimes it works and sometimes it dont and also when you do start fighting stormzilla he always blocks and returns with a vengence strike and then a critical hit. i have done this i dont know how many times and can never get him below 200 life. he has to much block rate and critical rate. i cant critical him not once but can critical the eggs. whats up with that? i use the fire traps to bring his life down but still he always blocks. this is the type of stuff that will cause people to quit playing the game. its not like its an epic battle, you only have what 7 cards and no help. and after you are defeated you have to take that long run all the way back to him and try not to get caught or you'll be spending more time just to get there and be defeated again and again over and over.

Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
the stormzilla fight isnt as hard as you guys are making it out to be. you just need to stratigize a bit more and make good use of the cards you get. on beta i used the lasor beam that caused fire to damage the stormzilla. you just have to know when to use it. if you do this and its done correctly you should have defeated it within 10 turns or so

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Ok guys i figured out what the bug is, it is a range bug, the amount of spaces showed isnt right, to get past this make sure you go atleast 4 paces(instead of the ,max). Doing it this way you will always move, havent tested if he can go 5 paces but i didnt want to waste a turn. Doing it this way you will have one of them hatch but it better than not making a move at all. The way to defeat stormzilla is: go around destroying the eggs and once you do use slow on him if he gets too close to then. Next go to the left-hand or right hand upper corners and do fire line thing lol(forgot name) and wait at the end once he gets to close use slow again and head to the other side (if you were on the right hand go left-hand, etc). Use your skills to put some damage on him or kill other baby stormzilla. Once he gets low in the red you can go in for the kill or let the fire kill him. This is my guide to help people on stormzilla Hopefully this helped. Also another tip, the best place to farm for gold is at miranda, in the cave where the skeletons are. They have low health and the drop alot of gold. On average you will get 3-5k per battle. Hope this was helpful and good luck on your pirate adventure.

Ensign
Feb 28, 2010
I am having a lot of trouble with this, can anyone provide some tips.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
I'm having a lot of trouble with this too. He blocks almost all hits and double and triple attacks. Please post some guidelines on how to defeat him.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
I only have one tip for you, kill the eggs as fast as you can. Also, save those damage boosting powers for Stormzilla himself. If one is in range for you to attack with a power, try to use it on the egg and Stormzilla himself (We want to rack up as much damage to him as we can, right?)

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
While everyone on here will give you advice, you would benefit most from seeing someone complete it first hand...

Go to YouTube and use the key words "Pirate101" and "Stormzilla". Currently there are at least three good tutorials that show you exactly what to do.

Community Leader
OMG!! I did it I finally beat this quest . Persistence and never stopping finally paid off.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I have the same problem but is happening to me in Monsquita now

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
There's more than one way. Here's how I do it.

1) Remember the movement is bugged. Don't try to move all the way across the screen. You won't end up moving at all. Move 4 to 5 squares at a time.

2) Kill all the eggs in this order: bottom right, top right, top left

3) Manuever to where you have a lot of free spaces in front of you and use your burning eyes spell to set a long row of fires.

4) Run around and draw stormzilla into as many fires as possible.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4

6) Now use up the rest of your damage causing powers.

7) Now slug it out and pray you outlast him.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
This quest seems to still have bugs. Often my commands, movement or attack, are ignored and aren't executed. This results in Stormzilla and his offspring pounding me into the ground.

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Paige MoonShade on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
OMG!! I did it I finally beat this quest . Persistence and never stopping finally paid off.
GRATZ

Ensign
Jan 15, 2010
i know the feeling. i watched the youtube video on how to defeat it and i followed the instuctions exactly but it still kills my character. its enough to make a person quit

Ensign
Sep 07, 2011
This quest reminds me of the white buffalo meat quest. A few get through it after a few tries but I'm nearing 20 tries and I've watched the video very carefully and wish I got the set up that player got. Stormzilla does not always stand still like he did in the video.

Add the long run back to it and for me? I'll wait and hope KI eventually has a look at it.
Time to raise another low level or two.

Lucas
Level 45 Bucaneer

Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
I beat the boss by just attacking the boss directly and ignoring everything else (my pet also attacked him with me which helped a lot)

Ensign
Aug 03, 2012
Thomas Stormweaver on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
There's more than one way. Here's how I do it.

1) Remember the movement is bugged. Don't try to move all the way across the screen. You won't end up moving at all. Move 4 to 5 squares at a time.

2) Kill all the eggs in this order: bottom right, top right, top left

3) Manuever to where you have a lot of free spaces in front of you and use your burning eyes spell to set a long row of fires.

4) Run around and draw stormzilla into as many fires as possible.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4

6) Now use up the rest of your damage causing powers.

7) Now slug it out and pray you outlast him.
Thanks for this. It really helped. i followed your directions and finally conquered Stormzilla. It also helped that my pet joined the fight. It seemed to keep Stormzilla occupied for a while and i was able to kill the eggs and get myself in a good position.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Destroy the eggs as fast as you can. Create fires and make stormzilla walk through the fires. Hit stormzilla and dodge his attacks. Take his health down before he takes your health down.

Good luck

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
I appreciate a good challenge but for other members of my family this is a big issue. I have used the techniques people have described and have almost killed Stormzilla twice. It is far from easy. Maybe I just need to keep at it but I think most people will have issues with this quest. Hopefully while they look at the quest and the bugs with it they can tweak it slightly. Not saying make it easy but something to even the playing field a little bit.

Ensign
Sep 07, 2011
I finally got this done and I must admit it was me not KI that was the problem. I'm just a slow learner. So here's what I did:

Get rid of those eggs. It's not that the babies hurt me and I almost always blocked their hits but they eventually limit your mobility. For me the key was seting fire to two rows side by side, the 2nd and 3rd ones from the top horizontally. Do the fires from the right side of the board to the left. I learned to manuever really well as standing toe to toe with Stormzilla is suicide, manuever and let the fires work for you. Freezing Stormzilla at the right times is also critical. I used my adjacent hits once to kill 2 eggs at once and once to destroy a couple of builings in the top area so I didn't get trapped. Be patient and move around, you can't die if he can't hit you. Some obstructions are assets so use them to handicap Stormzilla.

Hope this helps! I'd go do him any time now though I think he would still win on occasion. A little bit of luck really helps when you're on the right track. Good luck all as it is a challenging quest to be sure.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2009
In some of the videos, the pirate has three of each hit. Were those videos made during beta?

Ensign
Sep 23, 2010
Ok sorry challenging is one thing this is ridiculous, I have read all the stragedy and watched the videos but stormzilla is just insane ,, over and over and over and over and then the worst of it is the distance just back to the battle ,,,You KI are going to lose a LOT of younger player on pirates,, everywhere is far to go, most everything is a collect (OMG) and now stormzilla has made me so frustrated I dont want to play this game any more ,,,,, Wizards can be quite challenging ,,but it is no where near this frustrating to play ,,,,In my oppinion this is not a game young people are going to want to play ,, I know a lot of the older people also find many aspects of Pirate not an enjoyable experience ..I probably wouldnt mind tackling Stormzilla over and over, but for me haveing to go the distance back to the battle just isnt worth the effort